UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Iati transferring

I think you're right Boisy, the more I think about it, we have a real shot at a title. I'm not sure we'll see a 14-2 team in our league this year, though I think the bottom teams might really stink.

I think our league won't be quite as strong this year, in part, because we are simply a league with lots of underclassmen right now, top to bottom.

I think Hartford with the return of a healthy Zeglinski will be better but they have some front court problems. UMBC with the loss of Green and Proctor will have allot of trouble in my opinion. They did have some players sitting out last year and Gilliam is a decent building block but they lose ALLOT from a team that finished in the lower half of the conference last year.

Anybody curious about the scholarship situation for next season like I was?? Well, it was addressed in Jacob's TU interview...

"Jacob Iati, who has three years of eligibility left, said he’ll pay his own way for the next two seasons. He’ll sit out next season per NCAA rules and be able to play in 2010-11. He’ll receive a scholarship starting in 2011-12."

This is dated but I like the description. From the Gym Rat Challenge:

Jacob Iati (5-11 PG, The Blast): This young man should serve as the 2008 GymRat symbol – he is the epitome of what the term “GymRat” truly means. A long-range sniper who knocked down 12 treys in two games, Iati showed steely nerve by draining three free throws with two seconds left to force a second overtime in pool play. Sees the floor and is exceptionally quick, Iati is a tremendous competitor and someone who improves all around him with his relentless energy.

So does this mean 17 bodies to practice with this season. This may be the first year in the past 3 where we don't hear Brown talking about the assistants playing in practice. Unless they go with 3 squads!!! 3 squad practice, that would be funny

17 players to travel with this year (good thing they're not paying for hotels the day before a game).

Speaking of the Goodman blog did I read correctly that the AE is requiring 3 $$ games for each team? 3 games with BCS, A-10 or CUSA are required? I read that as those are the teams that pay for play. Am I off base here?

I have a question about Puk. Is he a walk-on that will redshirt? Can he be in uniform a-la Jake Lindfors of last year?

I assume Iati will not be in uniform since he is sitting out due to transfer rules.

At what point does Brown clear up the scholarship count with the media/public? Does he ever? or does he just enter the season with 15 players in uniform (maybe 16 with Puk.

Iati played one year at High Point. So in 2 years we will have 8 sophs on the roster. So if all holds to form we have 8 scholarships fill for the 2013-14 season.

When is coach Brown's contract up? (This just a question. It's not related to the above statement)

As I understand the scholarship situation.....all of the out of state players will be on scholarship....with the exception of Jon and Jacob.

I've heard that the kid not on scholarship is a NYS resident who will have his expenses covered by financial aid. Can't imagine it being Watt's who just signed a NLI and had other offers with full rides.

As far as finding everyone playing time....there is a possibility that one of the incoming kids will be red shirted. The prospect of red shirting could be appealing to those who are looking to continue on after a bachelors degree and get school payed for.

Coaches contract ends in the Summer of '12

15 players should be in uniform if no one is red shirted....correct me if I'm wrong but I'm pretty sure both Jon and Jacob will not be in uniform although they can practice with the team. Jon can travel with the team, from what I hear Jacob cannot!

Archived