UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Hot Seat!

UAMA, Danefan,

That's horsecrap...Even though it is nice to see the kids graduate, once they leave no one knows what they do in after that. If they keep their nose clean in college, that's great. For me I want them all do well on and off the court, but on the court all I care about is W's. I don't give a crap if they graduate, which 90% will because this is UA, not a John Calipari team or a NCAA championship contender. UA needs to start heading in the right direction for BBall. UA has the other programs on a top notch level, and BBall needs to hold serve which they haven't...don't give me the 10 years of D-1 BullS#*#!. They should have been D1 20+ years ago. Siena has 3,000 students, UA 15,000 and yet can't go D1??? I don't want the excuses,I want the RESULTS!

I didn't even go to UA, but yet I think they have the best chance to put the Cap City on the Map for college BBall and make this area a hot bed, Siena has proven they can't. I'm a loyal guy and I want CB to win as many games as possible and the AE title as many times as they can. But it's been proven he can't get the job done. The 50 point games and an average in the low 60's for ppg won't cut it. We all need to want more and deserve more. UA will one day take over the TUC, and in order for that to happen, UA NEEDS TO WIN!!!!!!!

4 and FCKIN 7??? A possible 4-10? That's a flat out EMBARRASMENT! When will you guys realize it?

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

DDS/BD/Jeff: It is Dane Pound's birthday. What do you say you knock off the $iena for one day and search for something hopeful to say?

I have had plenty of "hopeful" to say.

Happy B-Day Danepound!!

Why don't you guys knock off refering to your cross town rival as a knock off and get some good material. Why don't you guys demand more from the UA basketball program without making excuses? Why don't you guys jump on the hot seat bandwagon instead of kissin CB's behind??

Why don't you guys jump on the hot seat bandwagon instead of kissin CB's behind??

Self preservation.

The hot seat bandwagon may be driven by a madman.

LOL...I laughed....post of the month.

Do you laugh at a 4-7 record? With 3 games coming up being a heavy dog, so 4-10 possible? Do you laugh at that?

UAMA, Danefan,

That's horsecrap...Even though it is nice to see the kids graduate, once they leave no one knows what they do in after that. If they keep their nose clean in college, that's great. For me I want them all do well on and off the court, but on the court all I care about is W's. I don't give a crap if they graduate, which 90% will because this is UA, not a John Calipari team or a NCAA championship contender. UA needs to start heading in the right direction for BBall. UA has the other programs on a top notch level, and BBall needs to hold serve which they haven't...don't give me the 10 years of D-1 BullS#*#!. They should have been D1 20+ years ago. Siena has 3,000 students, UA 15,000 and yet can't go D1??? I don't want the excuses,I want the RESULTS!

I didn't even go to UA, but yet I think they have the best chance to put the Cap City on the Map for college BBall and make this area a hot bed, Siena has proven they can't. I'm a loyal guy and I want CB to win as many games as possible and the AE title as many times as they can. But it's been proven he can't get the job done. The 50 point games and an average in the low 60's for ppg won't cut it. We all need to want more and deserve more. UA will one day take over the TUC, and in order for that to happen, UA NEEDS TO WIN!!!!!!!

4 and FCKIN 7??? A possible 4-10? That's a flat out EMBARRASMENT! When will you guys realize it?

Hey...azzhole...Albany couldnt go DI 20 years ago; it was against NYS law. Try educating yourself first. G-d, I shudder for your child if this is how you raise him. YEAH...I WENT THERE.

Why don't you guys jump on the hot seat bandwagon instead of kissin CB's behind??

Self preservation.

Do you laugh at a 4-7 record? With 3 games coming up being a heavy dog, so 4-10 possible? Do you laugh at that?

No...but I've learned to balance a basketball game with real life....while I can at times be upset immediately after the game I usually calm down and enjoy the other things in life.

Self preservation.

No...but I've learned to balance a basketball game with real life....while I can at times be upset immediately after the game I usually calm down and enjoy the other things in life.

That's why you and others live on this blog, with thousands of posts in a few years of it being here? You have a level head about new guys boysi, but others just think that new people can't have an opinion about UA ball. NEWSFLASH!! We can, and when CB aint around, you all can Kiss my A$$!!! It'd be great if he could do it, but it's been proven over 9 F'N years, he can't! Wake UP! Smell the Coffee!!!! 60 ppg isn't going to cut it and having the best destination in the AE and not winning it's pathetic. I really think we have the talent, but not the coach. I know I may be in the minority of a few, but I'm right. Even though the CB ass kissers refuse to admit it.

• 2 weeks later...

i said it in a previous post... if we lose one game to binghamton this year that is when sh*t will hit the fan

should sweep Binghamton and UMBC. if not......will the hot seat warm up?

I once thought this talk was unjustified---but with events in recent games---I would like to think the staff knows what they are doing.

i said it in a previous post... if we lose one game to binghamton this year that is when sh*t will hit the fan

I once thought this talk was unjustified---but with events in recent games---I would like to think the staff knows what they are doing.

Why would this talk ever be unjustified? While I agree that Coach Brown has brought upstanding young men into the program, I disagree with anyone who makes that the primary yardstick of his job performance.

UA has been embarrassed in Out of Conference play and mercilessly embarrassed by Siena. As to the man, I wish Coach Brown and his family prosperity and good health always - this is nothing personal. I don't know him.

As a fan of UA basketball, though, (since before Bosiy was born - so, no, I am not Dane Doggy Style with a pen name), I'm more than a little disappointed with the present mediocrity when a few short years ago I had the pleasure of traveling to Philadelphia and Columbus to see what I then believed was a team prepared to emerge as something other than a middle of the pack team in a less than mediocre conference.

I genuinely believe Coach Brown was a major contributor to the tournament appearances and the temporary increase in the stature of our University. And I continue to look for some indication that he can do it again, but I'm not seeing that. All I see is questionable leadership and horrible execution. If this continues into conference play, I would not be opposed to a change at the top.

I remain a fan and support UA either way. But for those who think this forum is not the appropriate place for this kind of discussion, I say, that's b.s.

Why would this talk ever be unjustified? While I agree that Coach Brown has brought upstanding young men into the program, I disagree with anyone who makes that the primary yardstick of his job performance.

UA has been embarrassed in Out of Conference play and mercilessly embarrassed by Siena. As to the man, I wish Coach Brown and his family prosperity and good health always - this is nothing personal. I don't know him.

As a fan of UA basketball, though, (since before Bosiy was born - so, no, I am not Dane Doggy Style with a pen name), I'm more than a little disappointed with the present mediocrity when a few short years ago I had the pleasure of traveling to Philadelphia and Columbus to see what I then believed was a team prepared to emerge as something other than a middle of the pack team in a less than mediocre conference.

I genuinely believe Coach Brown was a major contributor to the tournament appearances and the temporary increase in the stature of our University. And I continue to look for some indication that he can do it again, but I'm not seeing that. All I see is questionable leadership and horrible execution. If this continues into conference play, I would not be opposed to a change at the top.

I remain a fan and support UA either way. But for those who think this forum is not the appropriate place for this kind of discussion, I say, that's b.s.

Like I said---I once thought that it was unjustified. I no longer feel that way--as I know many others do. The direction things go will be determined over the next few weeks and months. If the present trend continues...........

Archived