UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Hot Seat!

Bummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmp.

The Hot seat is as hot as ever coming into this season, CB doesn't have the luxury this season to lose and not be bought out. I'm putting the When Will Brown Get Fired line at 12 Losses. If UA gets to 12 losses Brown is gone and should be!

I certainly hope you mean 12 in conference losses. I'm happy at .500 this year.

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmp.

The Hot seat is as hot as ever coming into this season, CB doesn't have the luxury this season to lose and not be bought out. I'm putting the When Will Brown Get Fired line at 12 Losses. If UA gets to 12 losses Brown is gone and should be!

I certainly hope you don't mean 12 in conference losses! That would be a nice 4-12 conference record. That means they'd have to go like 12-3 out of conference. 4-12 should equal a coaching change.

Bummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmp.

I certainly hope you don't mean 12 in conference losses! That would be a nice 4-12 conference record. That means they'd have to go like 12-3 out of conference. 4-12 should equal a coaching change.

Sorry unclear, I was referencing the very hot seat if 12 losses in conference. So I think you and I would agree that 4-12 in conference is a real problem. I however, would be fine w/ 12 losses overall (18-12 range depending on conference tourney). Most likely estatic. From what 5 wins to 18 in one year, yippee.

Bummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmp.

Sorry unclear, I was referencing the very hot seat if 12 losses in conference. So I think you and I would agree that 4-12 in conference is a real problem. I however, would be fine w/ 12 losses overall (18-12 range depending on conference tourney). Most likely estatic. From what 5 wins to 18 in one year, yippee.

I'd be OK with 13-15 wins and team clearly making strides as the season goes along. 18 'aint gonna happen, not even close (not that you are saying that).

Bummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmp.

Gottcha

Bummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmp.

I'd be OK with 13-15 wins and team clearly making strides as the season goes along. 18 'aint gonna happen, not even close (not that you are saying that).

It's tough but I'd agree w/ the 13-15. 13 if they look better at the end of the season and maybe win a tourney game. 15, sign me up today.

I'm a realist, or so I think. Hey I'm a Mets fan so you have to keep expectations reasonable. Talk radio can ruin sports if you listen too much. "Bad season if you don't win the World Series, or Super Bowl, conference championship" etc. Sometimes it's as if people think the other teams aren't trying to win too.

I'd be OK with 13-15 wins and team clearly making strides as the season goes along.

Here's how I see our in season strides over the past few years.

04/05 - I thought the team worked hard but failed to get over the large hump of learning how to be a winning team. This team laid the ground work for things to come but on the court I remember a very late in the season reverse dunk in traffic by Lillis as our on-court peak and signs of things to come. I thought his team was going to be dangerous in the AE tourney but a first round loss to Bingo proved me wrong

05/06 - To me the clear cut winner for in-season growth. I recall this team having a lot of problems defending the perimeter early but learning how to hedge and defend the perimeter very well later in the season. They also learned how defend and double in the post and improved in this area as the season went on. Defensive execution of defensive game plans won games. The offense always just took care of itself thanks to a certain POY

06/07 - the team's growth was defined early by Sigger's emergence and late by the role play of Carl Ross.

07/08 - growth defined by the moment early in the year when Lillis figured out that he had to put this team on his back and they would only go as far as he could carry them.

08/09 - Team peaked at Vermont on Jan 11 with a 10-6 record (2-1 in Conf). This day however also confirmed for me that Anthony Raffa was a punk by his on court BS. Team went 4 and 10 from this point forward.

09/10 - Team peaked in late November after losing to a good Detroit team by 12, but playing them well and then beating NCAA bound Robert Morris the following day. 3 and 3 at this point with a 4 and 21 stretch in front of them.

It's tough but I'd agree w/ the 13-15. 13 if they look better at the end of the season and maybe win a tourney game. 15, sign me up today.

I'm a realist, or so I think. Hey I'm a Mets fan so you have to keep expectations reasonable. Talk radio can ruin sports if you listen too much. "Bad season if you don't win the World Series, or Super Bowl, conference championship" etc. Sometimes it's as if people think the other teams aren't trying to win too.

I'm a realist too and in reality Brown has over stayed his welcome, 7 losing seasons in 9 years isn't exactly improvement or showing he's leading the program in the right direction. Especially after back to back NCAA runs, he put the program in the gutter with bad recruiting and talent after those runs. The level of play should have went up, not gone down and down and down. Like you said your a Mets fan, me too, I'm also a Bills fan, and a fan of UA ball, so I'm used to supporting a loser, but I don't like it. Losing is a product of a few things, lack of talent, poor coaching and a bad front office. Brown brings in the talent, he is the coach so the buck stops with him. I think he's a great defensive coach and tough hard nosed on the boards, but lacks the offensive knowledge to bring the program back up. Maybe Dr. Lee could pony up a few more bucks for a top notch offensive assistant. Don't get me all twisted, it's not like I have a vendetta against CB, I root for anyone to succeed, especially the underdogs and with pompous a$$es at LCC it makes it easy to root for UA. I think we just all want a winner, and you can only lose so much before a change is needed. Will Brown is the coach and the one responsible, just the nature of the beast.

You absolutely have a vendetta...and you have publicly stated it.

That said...I expect improved play this year or I will be pissed.

Link??? The guy has just lost a lot more than he's won and that's the bottom line. I think we all want a winner, some of us are just tired of waiting this sinking ship out and want a change for the better.

Another season like last will be is absolutely UNACCEPTABLE! Like you, I expect this team to be improved and double digit wins.

Slowly but surely coming around out of the darkness and into the light.

Another season like last will be is absolutely UNACCEPTABLE! Like you, I expect this team to be improved and double digit wins.

Slowly but surely coming around out of the darkness and into the light.

I said as much last season probably a couple of games into the conference portion of the schedule. It was downright brutal to watch L after L after L...CAN'T HAPPEN AGAIN!

I sure hope they can at least double the number of wins from last season. Another single digit win year is def unacceptable

I sure hope they can at least double the number of wins from last season. Another single digit win year is def unacceptable

Obviously I would like to see more wins too and I would expect them to be more competitive this season. They shouldn't be losing by 30 to a community college.

That being said, I am going to enjoy the rest of the baseball season and a lot of football, some volleyball, soccer and maybe even 1 field hockey game while the weather is still good enough for outdoor stuff before I worry about basketball.

Archived