UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What about the last two years was unacceptable?

The shooting percentage, no set line up going 12-15 players deep sometimes, the atroshish offense. Losing the Big Purple Growl last season and no wins over Siena, those are some reasons for it being unacceptable.

Hmmmm....I'm no math major but going 12-15 deep seems impossible considering there were only 13 players on the roster last year. Jake and Logan were red-shirted.....walk me through your math. By my count 13-2=11!

Edited by bosiydid

From the AE Prospectus.....

Notable: Last season was the first time Albany has

not finished in the top four of the league standings

since the 2003-04 campaign. Yet, the Great Danes

became just the second No. 7 seed to advance to

the semifinals of the America East Championship and

nearly reached their third final in four years.

I guess CB should be on the Hot Seat for being toooo consistent and keeping us competitive. If it wasn't for 2 Ts we probably would have made our 3rd appearance in the finals in 4 years and we all know CB has a good track record when he gets to the Championship Game.

Why are we even having this conversation? CB has been a godsend to this program, putting us on the map in D1 sooner than probably anybody could have hoped for. 2 NCAA's, almost knocking off the #1 overall seed, and consistently being a threat in this conference over the past 5 years is not something that should be taken lightly. We would be beyond stupid to even consider letting him go at this point

From the AE Prospectus.....

Notable: Last season was the first time Albany has

not finished in the top four of the league standings

since the 2003-04 campaign. Yet, the Great Danes

became just the second No. 7 seed to advance to

the semifinals of the America East Championship and

nearly reached their third final in four years.

I guess CB should be on the Hot Seat for being toooo consistent and keeping us competitive. If it wasn't for 2 Ts we probably would have made our 3rd appearance in the finals in 4 years and we all know CB has a good track record when he gets to the Championship Game.

It's not about being competitive, it's all about W's.

Its all about you needing to chill.

Agree with Dane96 here. It's not like we were a 3-5 win team last year. Good start, bad stretch, followed by good stretch, followed by injuries, followed by terrible finish, followed by a great win over VT in the tourney and a strong fight against UMBC.

DaneDoggy doesn't realize that the favorite in the conference has won the championship over the past 3-4 seasons. UMBC was the favorite as was Binghamton, as we were when we won it. I really can't believe that people are talking about replacing Brown...this is just unreal! OOOO wait, I will bet money DaneDoggy became a fan the year we won the conference for the first time. I wonder how many games he attended BEFORE the championship years.

Hot seat? No.

But let's face the fact that absent the win in the AE Tourney not many people would consider that a good season.

As I've said a number of times, that offense has struggled for consistency since the day Jamar played his last game.

A number of bad/dissappointing losses (2 losses to NH, one to Maine, 2 to SB).

As many games in 40's as the 80's.

2-8 down the stretch (I know injuries). Think about 1-9 w/o that win over Vermont, which was fantastic.

Many of us have complained out loud about the rotation. With all of the new guys I'm not sure that gets any better.

So I reiterate, no hot seat but I think many are burying their heads in the sand if they don't think Brown needs to show some improvement. Right or wrong this is a "what have you done for me lately" business. And the curve has headed the wrong direction for the last couple of years.

Edited by McFan

two years!!!!!! two damn years!!!!!! THAT IS GOING DOWNHILL????? WAKE -UP!!!!!!!! 2007-08, we were predicted to finish 2nd...WE TIED FOR 2ND!!! Last season, we were predicted 6th and we finished near there, WITH THE INJURIES!!!! Let me repeat the question...HOW MANY OF YOU ACTUALLY WERE ATTENDING GAMES WHEN WE WON 2-4 GAMES IN A SEASON?