UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Hot Seat!

Great quote by Fran in the Troy Record...paraphrasing here..."a lot of teams make a run and retool" ie UA, "but we want to be a perenial contender for the championship year in and year out". That's the approach UA needed to take 2 seasons ago and right now Brown has the program floundering in no mans land..

This is your dumbest post yet. What do you expect Fran to say? That they want to go back to the 6-24 season they had that opened the job for him in the first place.

Do you think Will Brown and Albany did want to be a contender year in and year out. They finished 2nd the next year and had injuries and dropped to 7th the next season. Gee that would never had happened if he only wanted to contend. Give me a break.

Do you think other teams like George Mason who went to the final 4 and Bucknell did not want to stay at the level they had reached. If you do think they wanted to drop back down, you are even dumber than I think you are. Anyone who knows anything about sports knows that it is tough to get to the top and even tougher to stay on top once you get there especially if you do things the right way.

The last few days with Bingo certainly should reinforce that point. I would not want to be reading those kind of embarrassing stories about UA year after year like they do about Bingo.

As far as the team having weaknesses like the offense. That is a different issue than you wanting to fire the coach, "put him on ahot seat" or whatever. Duh, all teams have weaknesses, some more than others. It is the coaches job to address weaknesses each season and most of us who have followed UA for a while are confident that he will do that job.

Look, all coaches are ultimately judged on their won-loss record and if it is poor it is usually addressed right after the season is over not 7 weeks before the start of the next season.

So like others have told you in a much more polite way than you deserve, just wait and see how the team plays this season.

:D *clap* *clap*

I would love to see some kind of efficient offensive scheme installed. Last year was pretty painful with all of the TO's and stuff otherwise I'm happy. I'm happy that the early focus this year when practice starts will be on offense.

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Great quote by Fran in the Troy Record...paraphrasing here..."a lot of teams make a run and retool" ie UA, "but we want to be a perenial contender for the championship year in and year out". That's the approach UA needed to take 2 seasons ago and right now Brown has the program floundering in no mans land..

This is your dumbest post yet. What do you expect Fran to say? That they want to go back to the 6-24 season they had that opened the job for him in the first place.

Do you think Will Brown and Albany did want to be a contender year in and year out. They finished 2nd the next year and had injuries and dropped to 7th the next season. Gee that would never had happened if he only wanted to contend. Give me a break.

Do you think other teams like George Mason who went to the final 4 and Bucknell did not want to stay at the level they had reached. If you do think they wanted to drop back down, you are even dumber than I think you are. Anyone who knows anything about sports knows that it is tough to get to the top and even tougher to stay on top once you get there especially if you do things the right way.

The last few days with Bingo certainly should reinforce that point. I would not want to be reading those kind of embarrassing stories about UA year after year like they do about Bingo.

As far as the team having weaknesses like the offense. That is a different issue than you wanting to fire the coach, "put him on ahot seat" or whatever. Duh, all teams have weaknesses, some more than others. It is the coaches job to address weaknesses each season and most of us who have followed UA for a while are confident that he will do that job.

Look, all coaches are ultimately judged on their won-loss record and if it is poor it is usually addressed right after the season is over not 7 weeks before the start of the next season.

So like others have told you in a much more polite way than you deserve, just wait and see how the team plays this season.

:D *clap* *clap*

I would love to see some kind of efficient offensive scheme installed. Last year was pretty painful with all of the TO's and stuff otherwise I'm happy. I'm happy that the early focus this year when practice starts will be on offense.

Hey, I haven't been on here in a while... Came back to see what people had to say about Tiki and I see this? I was a freshman at UA in '04... the other 19 people that were sitting in the stands with me that year when we went 5-23 (or something like that) probaby see this program differently than those calling for Brown's head... I'm a proud graduate of the University and will never forget the things that Will Brown made possible. I camped out for tickets in the freezing cold and stormed the court in 06; got in trouble with my neighbors for hollering all night when we almost beat UConn; invited all my friends over to watch the afternoon championship game on tv when they played in Vermont; even celebrated my birthday at the game against Utah Valley State. Perennial contention would be great, yes, but lets just remember how memorable he helped make our college years the past 5 seasons and cut him some slack!

Oh bob...blah blah blah. Maybe Fran doesn't want to take a few years off and prevented it from happening at the start, instead of trying to figure it out when the run was over...

Look people, there's nothing wrong with getting the talks going. The program has been on the decline over the past 2 seasons and that is obvious. Maybe these talks are going to be good motivation for Brown to do a better job.

• 2 weeks later...

Our kids absolutely KILL it in the classroom....just as an example, the Siena team has a cumulative GPA of 2.59 (per the recent TU blog entry) I believe our kids are at 2.98. I know W-L are important but college athletics at our level should be about a bit more then just the on the court record. CB runs a clean program, if anyone gets in any kind of trouble he handles it appropriately (see MJ).

I'd like to remind you Fran sat Ubiles early last year, didn't cost him any games, for letting his class work slide. As a Penn grad, Fran knows the importance of getting a degree. Edwin has truly matured since that incident. As we all know Siena or UA players haven't made any NBA rosters to date. That may change soon. Not everyone can be Einsteins or Rhodes scholars. Your view of the Siena game just being another game lacks perception in UA's goal of making the NCAA tournament. The committee looks very closely at your OOC schedule and how you did against UNC, UCLA, and Siena(who you have the best chance of beating IMO).

Our kids absolutely KILL it in the classroom....just as an example, the Siena team has a cumulative GPA of 2.59 (per the recent TU blog entry) I believe our kids are at 2.98. I know W-L are important but college athletics at our level should be about a bit more then just the on the court record. CB runs a clean program, if anyone gets in any kind of trouble he handles it appropriately (see MJ).

I'd like to remind you Fran sat Ubiles early last year, didn't cost him any games, for letting his class work slide. As a Penn grad, Fran knows the importance of getting a degree. Edwin has truly matured since that incident. As we all know Siena or UA players haven't made any NBA rosters to date. That may change soon. Not everyone can be Einsteins or Rhodes scholars. Your view of the Siena game just being another game lacks perception in UA's goal of making the NCAA tournament. The committee looks very closely at your OOC schedule and how you did against UNC, UCLA, and Siena(who you have the best chance of beating IMO).

The the above statement (first paragraph) I believe was authored by me so I'll respond.

Guys like soup and others on the TU blogs and even the Siena forum love to make comments like...."Browns tenure won't end well" or "He runs players off" etc. In the meantime you turn a blind eye to what he's done here, what he's built and what type of kids he's built this program with. A cumulative GPA of almost 3 is something to be proud off, that was my point. Siena fans only look at the W-L.....truth be told he hasn't had a single terrible season in a long while now. Sure the last two didn't result in a run to the NCAA tourney but I'm hard pressed to call a season of 15-16 and 15-15 a disgrace or call for the coaches head like at least one person in this thread has been doing.

The point of posting the GPA's of the two local teams was to highlight the fallacy spouted by a number of Siena fans.....(if memory serves you included) that Brown runs players off, insinuating that he cares only about the W-L and not the kids in the program. As far as your deification of Fran or Edwin...take it to the Siena board!

Regarding Siena as being not just another game.....I'm confused. If a UA fan says it means more to us then any other game on the schedule, you guys turn it around and say....the annual game between the powerful 'aints and the Great Danes is their Superbowl, a line spouted quite often by Tony, soup, SF etc. When I make the point that it's no such thing, and all things considered is no more important then putting up a good showing against Syracuse or UVM you bristle at that notion. Which is it...? You won't always be up like you are now....in fact there have been years where you were in the 100+ range yet the Superbowl line was in use back then.

The the above statement (first paragraph) I believe was authored by me so I'll respond.

Guys like soup and others on the TU blogs and even the Siena forum love to make comments like...."Browns tenure won't end well" or "He runs players off" etc. In the meantime you turn a blind eye to what he's done here, what he's built and what type of kids he's built this program with. A cumulative GPA of almost 3 is something to be proud off, that was my point. Siena fans only look at the W-L.....truth be told he hasn't had a single terrible season in a long while now. Sure the last two didn't result in a run to the NCAA tourney but I'm hard pressed to call a season of 15-16 and 15-15 a disgrace or call for the coaches head like at least one person in this thread has been doing.

The point of posting the GPA's of the two local teams was to highlight the fallacy spouted by a number of Siena fans.....(if memory serves you included) that Brown runs players off, insinuating that he cares only about the W-L and not the kids in the program. As far as your deification of Fran or Edwin...take it to the Siena board!

Regarding Siena as being not just another game.....I'm confused. If a UA fan says it means more to us then any other game on the schedule, you guys turn it around and say....the annual game between the powerful 'aints and the Great Danes is their Superbowl, a line spouted quite often by Tony, soup, SF etc. When I make the point that it's no such thing, and all things considered is no more important then putting up a good showing against Syracuse or UVM you bristle at that notion. Which is it...? You won't always be up like you are now....in fact there have been years where you were in the 100+ range yet the Superbowl line was in use back then.

Well then, I'll stay off this board if you stay off the Siena board. Deal?

No deal! I didn't tell you to hit the bricks.....I'm just not interested in hearing how Edwin has matured! I hardly if ever post there anyway lately.....

I think the last time I did post something there (don't quote me on this) was when you went hog wild and posted that Jon Iati's father was an embezzler....remember that little incident? Embarrassing for you!

EDIT: Personally I welcome any Siena fans here....I have no problem with you posting if it relates to what we are discussing here.

No deal! I didn't tell you to hit the bricks.....I'm just not interested in hearing how Edwin has matured! I hardly if ever post there anyway lately.....

I think the last time I did post something there (don't quote me on this) was when you went hog wild and posted that Jon Iati's father was an embezzler....remember that little incident? Embarrassing for you!

EDIT: Personally I welcome any Siena fans here....I have no problem with you posting if it relates to what we are discussing here.

Seems you want it one way. Mentioned how Brown jumped on MJ but I can't mention Fran acting on Ubiles. And the point I made about the NCAA committee looking at your OOC performance you don't appear to want to hear. The OOC of Siena (no wins against Tenn., Wichita, Okla. St., Pitt., and Kansas)last year would have kept them out of the tourney last year if they hadn't won their tourney. And Siena lost to Niagara by 5 or 6 points in the freshman year of Ubiles, Franklin, and Moore that would have been 3 straight years in the dance. And your faithful are considering Siena for a Billy Fucillo HUGE, big fall when those 3 graduate which won't happen with the recruits Fran is bringing in.

Seems you want it one way. Mentioned how Brown jumped on MJ but I can't mention Fran acting on Ubiles. And the point I made about the NCAA committee looking at your OOC performance you don't appear to want to hear. The OOC of Siena (no wins against Tenn., Wichita, Okla. St., Pitt., and Kansas)last year would have kept them out of the tourney last year if they hadn't won their tourney. And Siena lost to Niagara by 5 or 6 points in the freshman year of Ubiles, Franklin, and Moore that would have been 3 straight years in the dance. And your faithful are considering Siena for a Billy Fucillo HUGE, big fall when those 3 graduate which won't happen with the recruits Fran is bringing in.

What are we debating here? Are you bored or something? What exactly in my original post did you take such umbrage with that you actually signed up to post? I'm wondering, again, not telling you to get off our board I'm just not sure what you are so peeved about.

Also, how about an apology to the Iati's?

The little bugger hits a few miracle shots,

and $iena wins 1 ncaa tournament game, and

now lcc is god's gift to basketball. You're

living in La La Land.

A major farce for anyone to have placed lcc

in the top 50 of any poll. Soon after the

season begins, $iena's miracle trip to the

2nd round will be forgotten, as they'll be

forgotten to have been in any PRESEASON top

anything this fall.

Therefore, you may actually hurt our cause in

the ooc schedule... having played a cupcake

like lcc.

Don't step in any of those cow patties on

your way back to the lcc barnhouse.

What are we debating here? Are you bored or something? What exactly in my original post did you take such umbrage with that you actually signed up to post? I'm wondering, again, not telling you to get off our board I'm just not sure what you are so peeved about.

Also, how about an apology to the Iati's?

The little bugger hits a few miracle shots,

and $iena wins 1 ncaa tournament game, and

now lcc is god's gift to basketball. You're

living in La La Land.

A major farce for anyone to have placed lcc

in the top 50 of any poll. Soon after the

season begins, $iena's miracle trip to the

2nd round will be forgotten, as they'll be

forgotten to have been in any PRESEASON top

anything this fall.

Therefore, you may actually hurt our cause in

the ooc schedule... having played a cupcake

like lcc.

Don't step in any of those cow patties on

your way back to the lcc barnhouse.

If I'm not mistaken lcc(your definition) won and advanced to the 2nd round the last 2 years. IT WASN'T A 12 POINT LOSS!!!

Archived