UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Recruiting

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I wonder if there's something more that we haven't seen or that we're not aware of..because it would seem that our recruiting for 2011 is done..at least from a numbers standpoint.

But Coach Brown mentioned on his twitter that they need to see some more kids before the recruiting period ends on Wednesday.

But Coach Brown mentioned on his twitter that they need to see some more kids before the recruiting period ends on Wednesday.

I don't have any inside knowledge about this but he might have been referring to one of the recruiting periods set up by the NCAA and not the signing period. There are only certain times you can contact recruits or watch them workout.

Another large recruiting class coming in numbers wise with five new faces. From last years recruiting class we are left with one player in Devlin. Will be interesting to see how these limited minutes will be divided up since there won't be many. I'm going to assume that Suero is going to be slotted into the starting rotation immediately with his hype.

Another large recruiting class coming in numbers wise with five new faces. From last years recruiting class we are left with one player in Devlin. Will be interesting to see how these limited minutes will be divided up since there won't be many. I'm going to assume that Suero is going to be slotted into the starting rotation immediately with his hype.

My guess is it's going to be a Suero/Watts/Hooley battling for the third starting spot and whoever produces will get the minutes (also doesn't exclude them from playing together if can shower proper handles/D)

I would have to put Suero in as a starter - just based on how he has done against high level competition. Below is the IS8 Hoop Classic All Star Teams from 2008, I have added the schools the players were committed to at that time. IS8 always has super competition and in order to make the top 10 you have to have "GAME". Unless Suero has gone backwards I don't think we have ever had a player coming in with this level of talent.

May 23, 2008

NYCHoops.net

iS8/Nike Spring High School Classic All-Star Teams

Here are the iS8/Nike All-Star teams as selected by iS8 Commissioner Pete Edwards, Hassan Jennings & Killian Riley

Player of the Year:

Erving Walker - Shooting Stars - Florida

Rookie of the year:

Sterling Gibbs - Panthers Juniors - Maryland

1st Team

Darryl Bryant - United Brooklyn - West Va.

Mike Rosario - Playaz Seniors - Seton Hall

Samardo Samuels - Shooting Stars - Louisville

Tristan Thompson - NY Elite - Texas

Kemba Walker - Gauchos Orange - UCONN

2nd Team

Jiovanny Fontan - Playaz Seniors - Fordham

Dequan Jones - Panthers Seniors - Miami

Ryan Pearson - NYABC - G. Mason

Gerardo Suero - NY Elite - now Albany

Jordan Theodore - Gauchos Orange - Seton Hall

3rd Team

Chris Fouch - Gauchos - Drexel

Ashton Gibbs - New Heights A - Pitt

Omari Lawrence - Panthers Juniors - St John's

JayVaughn Pinkston -New Heights B - Villanova

Chris Prescott - Connecticut BC - St Joe's

I'd have to agree with Patch, everything I've heard about Suero suggests that he's a big time talent. While at JUCO he has added more muscle and explosiveness. His game is to attack the rim with a vengeance with him and Black we really need to surround him with shooters. We have a couple of decent ones in Logan and Devlin.

My starting lineup right now would be Black, Aronhalt, Suero, Devlin and Metcalf I'd go 10 deep with Puk, Watts, Hooley, Rowley and Iati (to start the season) off the bench. Unfortunately I don't see much time for Tartt, Lindfors and Page. Depending on how Gibsons transition to D1 goes, he might supplant Iati in the top 10. I would expect his minutes to rise as the season progresses.

I'm trying to not let my hopes get too high for Suero but Patch's post make that difficult. Coach Brown will be filling in for Wyland again tomorrow morning, hopefully he'll talk about the recruits then.

Archived