UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Danes @ SU

UGHHHH...how much longer? Who knows maybe by 9:20 we'll be wishing to be in the off season again but I've been waiting for a long time to see UA back in action. The scrimmage only got me pumped more.

I don't really know how we'll fare today but one of these years we'll knock a team like Cuse off.....maybe today is the day!

Even if we are getting hammered early in the game it will be fun to watch the boys out there playing again and see some of the new talent. If it gets out of hand maybe we can see the entire roster of active players get a chance to play in the dome.

Albany 79 - Orange Julius 78

Tim Ambrose 42 pts, 8 Asts, 3 Rbs

That would be AMAZING. Won't happen though. I remember the past couple years with Duke and Kansas, I really thought we might be able to pull off an upset. These top teams are just so talented. Most of their bench players would start on our team. I just hope we can cover the spread.

You're a bummer dude.

Hopefully Brown doesn't have the same attitude and perspective.

We put in a great game and we can take it.

It'll take 40 minutes of intensity.

If you believe, and are willing to put in the effort, it can be done.

At most of the D1 level, you should feel/think that you can beat anyone, as a player or coach. If you don't, DII is a better place for those individuals.

Also, I am certain syracuse is NOT at the same level, as Duke and Kansas were when we played them.

Shhhhhhhhh, it's my way of hopefully jinxing Cuse. ;)

I absolutely think we have a chance to win the game. Small chance but still there is a chance.

We have no shot............ :P

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Any thoughts on that starting 5 from anyone?? I for one love the idea of having Urli in there...he looked AWESOME in the PG scrimmage. My only question is that towards the end of last season CB said he wanted to play Harris at the 4 this year to keep him closer to the basket where he is most effective...I guess he went away from that idea? Or maybe he will experiment with a lineup like that mid game? I just wanna watch the game already!!!

Any thoughts on that starting 5 from anyone?? I for one love the idea of having Urli in there...he looked AWESOME in the PG scrimmage. My only question is that towards the end of last season CB said he wanted to play Harris at the 4 this year to keep him closer to the basket where he is most effective...I guess he went away from that idea? Or maybe he will experiment with a lineup like that mid game? I just wanna watch the game already!!!

Has to be a tremendous honor for Black but not sure I'd want to start my career on the road in front of 30K.....nothing like being thrown into the FIAAHHHHH! Probably more out of necessity but still.....!

I'm not sure Urli was on the roster when Brown made those statements and I think Scotty was iffy to return from his "suspension". Things have changed but I'm sure Harris will get plenty of time at the 4 spot. That's just my humble opinion.

Has to be a tremendous honor for Black but not sure I'd want to start my career on the road in front of 30K.....nothing like being thrown into the FIAAHHHHH! Probably more out of necessity but still.....!

Where did you see they sold 30K tixs. The UA game usually gets 18K to 20K

Where did you see they sold 30K tixs. The UA game usually gets 18K to 20K

Didn't see it anywhere.....just pulled it out of my butt.....lol!

Just about to head out to the Pub to catch the game. PO'ed that I couldn't make it to the Dome tonight but hopefully there will be some Danes fans out.

I like this quote on one of the UNC forums from a Carolina fan:

"To me that is kind of a joke; if you are going to have a tournament, make it a REAL tournament. If Albany beats Syracuse, which I think is possible (Will Harris and Tim Ambrose can flat out play), then there is no reason why they shouldn’t move on."Tarheel blog

As someone conflicted by virtue of holding degrees from both places and someone who has been privileged to be there in person for some of Jim B's and Will B's greatest victories...I am looking forward to a fun game...I hope everyone on both teams play well and most importantly that no one on either side gets hurt in the opener...

Archived