UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

UA @ Loyola (IL)

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Am I out of my mind with the officiating....what did you guys see?

Some ticky tack on us defensively, but we don't drive the ball to get fouls called. Just not anybody (maybe Black and Ambrose) that consistently can put the ball on the floor. Also doesn't help that no one can shoot it so you don't have to get up on anybody making it even harder to penatrate.

What McFan said for half and the other half the expression "it's tough to win on the road" comes to mind and it's not because of the hotel food. Part of life on the road, you have to play really well to win there and we didn't.

If there is any upside to tonight it's the offense Urli showed. To me he still doesn't rebound well for a guy his size but I'll take the points. If the stats on ESPN are right we got slaughered on the boards.

We once again play a team that was picked near the bottom of the conference. Let's see how Albany will show up to play tonight. The America East may be the worst conference in basketball.

If we lose will WB say they are going to be a top 3-4 tesm in their conference like Iona or Detroit?

I guess we got our answer. Apparently this was a good loss eventhough we were down 10-12 points basicaly the whole game. This Loyola team was nothing special either.

I feel like I watch a different game than most of you, Coach Brown and Rodger Wyland. I am angrier tonight at our performance than I have been in at least 6 years. In no particular order:

1. I thought the officiating was fine. There was one call on Mike Johnson I disagreed with, but for the most part, Loyola penatrated and we did not. I think our interior defense is horrible, especially when the combination of players does not include McRae or Gifford, and even then, it leaves a lot to be desired.

2. I don't understand how you take the player who didn't get in vs Iona and the last player who did get in with under 2 minutes vs Iona and make them starters. By the time the starters tonight rotated out, we were down ten, never to recover.

3. I don't understand why Harris, Ambrose and Johnson were never in the game together until we were down 14 with about 5 minutes to play. In my opinion, the best we've played offensively this year was at UCF, when we ran through the entire offense, until there was a defensive breakdown leaving Harris or Ambrose with a high percentage wing shot or drive. When they do not play together, the defense simply double and triple teams the one on the floor, as we have too many guys on the floor at once who are not offensively capable.

4. I thought the Loyola announcer was the most professional I have heard all year. Yeah, I know he said once that Billy Allen was from Ontario and once that Will Harris was a junior, but in terms of describing the action on the floor, he was terrific.

5. Is there some reason we can never pick up a loose ball on the floor quickly?

I have been thinking about something recently that I have not seen anyone else comment on. Many comments are made about how we only won with Jamar and have not been successful since. No one points out that at the same time we lost Coach Eaton, whose experise, as I understood it, was film breakdown and game planning. It's not my purpose to take a shot at whoever did tonight's scout and gameplan, but, strictly in my opinion, the gameplan tonight left us without an opportunity to beat a team was was very beatable. Since the only thing I know about the Horizon is that Butler is good and that I was impressed by Detroit at the Coaches vs Cancer, I expected that Loyola would be much better than they appeared tonight. It would be hard to convince me that they are a top tier Horizon team.

I feel like I watch a different game than most of you, Coach Brown and Rodger Wyland. I am angrier tonight at our performance than I have been in at least 6 years. In no particular order:

1. I thought the officiating was fine. There was one call on Mike Johnson I disagreed with, but for the most part, Loyola penatrated and we did not. I think our interior defense is horrible, especially when the combination of players does not include McRae or Gifford, and even then, it leaves a lot to be desired.

2. I don't understand how you take the player who didn't get in vs Iona and the last player who did get in with under 2 minutes vs Iona and make them starters. By the time the starters tonight rotated out, we were down ten, never to recover.

3. I don't understand why Harris, Ambrose and Johnson were never in the game together until we were down 14 with about 5 minutes to play. In my opinion, the best we've played offensively this year was at UCF, when we ran through the entire offense, until there was a defensive breakdown leaving Harris or Ambrose with a high percentage wing shot or drive. When they do not play together, the defense simply double and triple teams the one on the floor, as we have too many guys on the floor at once who are not offensively capable.

4. I thought the Loyola announcer was the most professional I have heard all year. Yeah, I know he said once that Billy Allen was from Ontario and once that Will Harris was a junior, but in terms of describing the action on the floor, he was terrific.

I have been thinking about something recently that I have not seen anyone else comment on. Many comments are made about how we only won with Jamar and have not been successful since. No one points out that at the same time we lost Coach Eaton, whose experise, as I understood it, was film breakdown and game planning. It's not my purpose to take a shot at whoever did tonight's scout and gameplan, but, strictly in my opinion, the gameplan tonight left us without an opportunity to beat a team was was very beatable. Since the only thing I know about the Horizon is that Butler is good and that I was impressed by Detroit at the Coaches vs Cancer, I expected that Loyola would be much better than they appeared tonight. It would be hard to convince me that they are a top tier Horizon team.

YES! statefan FTW!

The three are never on the floor together because WB needs to go 10 deep. I've said this many times this team is a bunch of stone hands. I dont know how many times Ive seen the balls bounce off of HArris and Giffords hands on rebounds. Does anyone remember the IONA game when Harris hit a three to put albany up by 10 and then WB took him out.

Tonight is your turn to be despondent.....I know I've been there a couple of times....post FAU rant comes to mind.

Tonight is your turn to be despondent.....I know I've been there a couple of times....post FAU rant comes to mind.

This has been an awful season and they are going to get the worst beating of their lives next Wednesday. If you are an albany fan I do not know how you cant be furious.

This has been an awful season and they are going to get the worst beating of their lives next Wednesday. If you are an albany fan I do not know how you cant be furious.

Keep your head up man....believe me I've been furious....I've been despondent....I've been through all of those emotions a couple of times...the AE is pretty bad this season so we need to keep improving as the season goes on and maybe we'll catch lightning in a bottle.

Hopefully, the new recruit wasn't present to witness this - otherwise he may be rescinding his commitment pretty quickly. The only thing this ridiculous road trip has taught these players is how to lose.

Hopefully, the new recruit wasn't present to witness this - otherwise he may be rescinding his commitment pretty quickly. The only thing this ridiculous road trip has taught these players is how to lose.

I'd be my house we'll never see a road trip like this again in how ever many years Will Brown coaches this team....

Point 2 above just boggles (sp?) the mind. I don't know if Billy Allen should or shouldn't be on the floor, but the two games prior to Iona he got some real run. Then nothing against Iona. Then starter?

Mike Black dog housed for how many games and then starter w/ 25 minutes?

I'd be my house we'll never see a road trip like this again in how ever many years Will Brown coaches this team....

Why is that, Bosiy. Tell us what you see that gives you so much encouragement. I'll take the bet - leave your house keys in a neutral site.

Why is that, Bosiy. Tell us what you see that gives you so much encouragement. I'll take the bet - leave your house keys in a neutral site.

You think he's gonna try 8 games straight on the road again?

Archived