UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

UA vs. Binghamton

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sh*t has hit the fan, as I said someone needs to be held responsible! Whether the coaching staf or players, but in sports you can't fire the players. You can fire coaches. I'm not saying Brown needs to go, but the AD needs to re-evaluate things. This loss is unacceptable period.

Also everyone is saying the players are the reason, yet someone has to get these players and those are the coaches.

What can be done now is bench anyone who isn't

giving 1000% in hussle and effort, in practice and gametime.

In my opinion, there have been 2 HUGE disappointments running around out there. Do we have ANY true leaders on this team?

I'd rather give the playing time to anyone on the team that is committed to ALL OUT INTENSITY AND EFFORT.

Looks like they got caught with the pretty pink panties on once again. Bing, the so-called laughing stock of AE Basketball, just embarassed us at home.

Did anyone else notice that Bing threw down 3 rim rattling dunks during warmups. I was loooking around for a ref but there were not any out. Bout 12 minutes before go time. Not that it would have done much with the way we played.

THIS WAS A FLAT OUT DISGRACE AND THIS LOSS IS ON EVERYONE!

If anyone here makes excuses for the first 35 minutes you should be forced to turn in your UA fan card and get banned from the board for the remainder of the year....the final score doesn't do this game justice. They kicked us in our teeth and we just took it like the Mary's we are every other game.

Props to Bing...they played with more heart, more effort than our group and they only went like 6 deep....

Can't wait 'till a couple of these senior "leaders" graduate...I wish them the best of luck in their post UA basketball endeavors and I'm sure they are fine upstanding citizens...but this team is fundamentally broken....

The only two excused from the above rant are Mike Black and McRae...and those who didn't get into the game (players)...everyone else should be looking themselves in the mirror...

EPIC BOOOO!!!!!1

Did anyone else notice that Bing threw down 3 rim rattling dunks during warmups. I was loooking around for a ref but there were not any out. Bout 12 minutes before go time. Not that it would have done much with the way we played.

Not shocking since the Refs didn't catch any of the fouls DURING the game either...they didn't realize they were their to Ref the game..

EDIT: By the way.. did anyone catch Will's interview after the game.. what did he say?

Not much to say that hasn't been said.

Outrebounded 41-28.

His recruits, his pregame talk, his practices, his game plan, some blame has to be on the coach. How much?

Padded by Wills late/meaningless 3's, but we shot better from outside 3, than inside 3. How many layups can we miss.

Lack of rebounds, made it impossible to play the up tempo style that worked so well against Yale.

I understand the press gets beat at times, that's part of the package, but usually you get beat with a 2 on 1 situation. How many 1 on zero did Bing have. 3 or 4?

Refs were horrible. Almost like they know Bings situation and allowed physical play both inside and Lakusa w/ the ball.

Somebody should have let Camara know there were defenders on the court. Do we have any toughness on this team?

Tim was awful. That said, this team will not win games w/o him on the court.

Not shocking since the Refs didn't catch any of the fouls DURING the game either...they didn't realize they were their to Ref the game..

EDIT: By the way.. did anyone catch Will's interview after the game.. what did he say?

I paraphrase: Outworked, outrebounded, can't win w/o our upperclassmen showing up. Good game by Mike Black.

By the way.. did anyone catch Will's interview after the game.. what did he say?

I paraphrase: Outworked, outrebounded, can't win w/o our upperclassmen showing up. Good game by Mike Black.

Well, at least he watched the same game I did, but where's the accountability? Would it kill him to throw an "out-coached" in there too?

By the way.. did anyone catch Will's interview after the game.. what did he say?

Well, at least he watched the same game I did, but where's the accountability? Would it kill him to throw an "out-coached" in there too?

Fair point....what's fair is fair....for better or worse his wagon is hitched to this group.

Mark just posted his postgame recap.. some interesting quotes.. http://blog.timesuni...houghts-3/6035/

"I told these guys after, 'You know what?' It's my fault, ' " Brown said. " 'I've got to stop expecting you guys to rebound well (just) because teams in the past we've had here have prided themselves on their rebounding, their effort and their toughness. Maybe it's not fair to the other teams that we've had here to compare you to them. Maybe I'm doing those other teams an injustice.' "

"That's just pure effort and energy," Brown said. "You're on your homecourt, playing the defending champion, playing the biggest team in the league who you know is going to the glass, and you don't respond."

------

Brown suggested he might name Allen as a captain before the season is through. Even though Allen missed all five of his 3-point attempts, Brown likes his vocal leadership.

"We've got to continue to find leadership," Brown said. "Right now, our best leader's not one of our captains, and that's a problem. Billy Allen might become one of our captains before the season's over, or as soon as the season's over. That kid, whether he plays five minutes or 35 minutes, all he cares about is winning. He's on the court, telling guys where they should be. He's talking. He wants to win."

Brown didn't even rule out stripping a player of his captaincy, although it sounded as though that's not the direction he prefers to go in.

Archived