UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

America East Tournament

UA'08

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I agree 08. I think the advantage of being the top seed was a little less this year with the PIG being on Thursday anyway. It seemed like the big advantage was being fresh and playing a team that had played the night before under the old scenario.

I'm OK with not having to drive down Thursday night.

Our new game information:

Stony Brook vs. UAlbany Saturday @ noon

Saturday tickets can be bought here.. http://hartfordhawks...PackageNewID=63

Is there an "Albany" section? Since the game is at noon I will be there!

Try calling our box office this morning.. they might have more information on if they are still providing UA fans tickets.... maybe a UA section?

Try calling our box office this morning.. they might have more information on if they are still providing UA fans tickets.... maybe a UA section?

Is there an alumni gathering somewhere?

Is there an alumni gathering somewhere?

There was one scheduled for Thursday but of course it's cancelled now.

Men's Basketball - America East Tournament Preview

Brett Gifford, Tim Ambrose, Will Harris and head coach Will Brown discuss their matchup with Stony Brook in this weekends America East Men's Basketball Tournament in Hartford, CT.

Thanks for the link. Coach Brown had been doing a lot of these interviews with the freshman and Billy Allen the past few weeks but this time it's the seniors. I'm taking that as a good sign.

Story in today's paper about the rematch.Yesterday Mark Singelais predicted a UAlbany win on Saturday.

Just a quick look at google maps at the UHartford area. I've only been there for single games but there isn't much around the campus. As much as I didn't like going to Bing there seemed to be a tournament feel there, in Albany and Boston. The UH campus seems more like the Loudonville of Hartford.

Thanks for the link. Coach Brown had been doing a lot of these interviews with the freshman and Billy Allen the past few weeks but this time it's the seniors. I'm taking that as a good sign.

Story in today's paper about the rematch.Yesterday Mark Singelais predicted a UAlbany win on Saturday.

Just a quick look at google maps at the UHartford area. I've only been there for single games but there isn't much around the campus. As much as I didn't like going to Bing there seemed to be a tournament feel there, in Albany and Boston. The UH campus seems more like the Loudonville of Hartford.

Hopefully there will be a decent Albany fan turnout. Not sure exaclty how far it is from Albany but it is definitley closer than Stony Brook is. We should have the rest of the America East schools rooting for us as well. For all the UVM fans that will be at the first session they should be rooting for us as well as they'd most likely get the home game if we knock off SBU. Nothing would make me laugh more than seeing the UVM fans doing the UA chant like the Bing students did at SEFCU last year when we played UVM.

I like the confidence in these articles I've been reading the past few days but I don't like the quotes where they say they are happy with the draw. SBU is going to run with that and get angry about these comments and use them as motivation. Too many people are picking them as an upset team. Everything here to me is leading to a blowout on Saturday. I REALLY REALLY REALLY hope I'm wrong.

I like the confidence in these articles I've been reading the past few days but I don't like the quotes where they say they are happy with the draw. SBU is going to run with that and get angry about these comments and use them as motivation. Too many people are picking them as an upset team. Everything here to me is leading to a blowout on Saturday. I REALLY REALLY REALLY hope I'm wrong.

Stone Broke thinks they are going to wipe us out. They are probably looking right past us, regardless of what is being said. Stone Broke thinks that UA is a major cupcake. How about UAlbany using THAT as motivation to go knock some teeth out on Saturday.

Stone Broke thinks they are going to wipe us out. They are probably looking right past us, regardless of what is being said. Stone Broke thinks that UA is a major cupcake. How about UAlbany using THAT as motivation to go knock some teeth out on Saturday.

I haven't read anything out of SB. I hope that is the case and are looking past us but due to how tough we played them twice this year I'm sure Pikiel will be all over his guys to come out very strong.

The beauty of the whole thing is the fact that the entire regular season really means nothing.

Other than pride.... and other than having a championship game in your home building if you get that far,

the entire season is meaningless.

As it's said, it's a brand new season.

We win 3 games and we're in the ncaa championship tournament.

In this league, anyone can beat anyone.

For Albany, there are questions to ask:

Have we convinced ourselves that we CAN'T win?

Have we convinced ourselves that we AREN'T good enough to win?

If no, are we willing to:

run faster than our opponents

run harder than our opponents

jump for every rebound

jump higher for every rebound than our opponents

dive for every loose ball

take offensive charges

penetrate strong into the defense

moving without the ball

etc etc etc

I can't count how many times I've seen our players standing around

watching the other team do all of these things, while we barely move an inch.

There's been alot of standing around watching, and letting other teammates try and make things happen on their own. That's a recipe for a big fat loss.

If they're willing to fight and get bloody, then they've got the chance to win this thing.

Drop the little circle chant before the game...

and come g*d d*mn angry and ready to fight.

The beauty of the whole thing is the fact that the entire regular season really means nothing.

Other than pride.... and other than having a championship game in your home building if you get that far,

the entire season is meaningless.

As it's said, it's a brand new season.

We win 3 games and we're in the ncaa championship tournament.

In this league, anyone can beat anyone.

For Albany, there are questions to ask:

Have we convinced ourselves that we CAN'T win?

Have we convinced ourselves that we AREN'T good enough to win?

If no, are we willing to:

run faster than our opponents

run harder than our opponents

jump for every rebound

jump higher for every rebound than our opponents

dive for every loose ball

take offensive charges

penetrate strong into the defense

moving without the ball

etc etc etc

I can't count how many times I've seen our players standing around

watching the other team do all of these things, while we barely move an inch.

There's been alot of standing around watching, and letting other teammates try and make things happen on their own. That's a recipe for a big fat loss.

If they're willing to fight and get bloody, then they've got the chance to win this thing.

Drop the little circle chant before the game...

and come g*d d*mn angry and ready to fight.

Well I don't know if the team is ready to play, but after reading that I certainly am...laugh.gif

I'm gonna bump into the next Stony Brook alumn I see.....just for fun!!!!!!!tongue.gif

Archived