UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

America East Tournament

UA'08

I Was at the game and it was a good one for the first 30 min. I saw some things that surprised me. During the end of the game when sbu was up by 14 I saw someone screaming put in giff. I do not know who it was but I am assuming they are his parents. I over heard them say that they couldn't even give him garbage time on the floor. I understand where they are coming from. Gifford should have absolutely been on the floor at the end of the game with albany taking him out before it was over so he can get the respect he deserves. Later on when the game was over and all the players for both teams went into the locker room the person related to giff went up to will brown and pointed his finger at him and said something. He was eventually held back and moved away from him. The other person related to giff was screaming at him from the bleachers. I do not know if this was the right place to say this in but if it is feel free to remove the post.

After this all happened their was another parent I think that went to say hello to the giffs. Overheard them discussing the issues with the team and the lack of development of players. They also said that because there is no consistent lineup the team can't gel and play like a team.

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I Was at the game and it was a good one for the first 30 min. I saw some things that surprised me. During the end of the game when sbu was up by 14 I saw someone screaming put in giff. I do not know who it was but I am assuming they are his parents. I over heard them say that they couldn't even give him garbage time on the floor. I understand where they are coming from. Gifford should have absolutely been on the floor at the end of the game with albany taking him out before it was over so he can get the respect he deserves. Later on when the game was over and all the players for both teams went into the locker room the person related to giff went up to will brown and pointed his finger at him and said something. He was eventually held back and moved away from him. The other person related to giff was screaming at him from the bleachers. I do not know if this was the right place to say this in but if it is feel free to remove the post.

After this all happened their was another parent I think that went to say hello to the giffs. Overheard them discussing the issues with the team and the lack of development of players. They also said that because there is no consistent lineup the team can't gel and play like a team.

Interesting place to have that conversation with a Coach. Frustrating time for players, fans and parents, for sure though. Terrible season.

Emotions get the best of even the best parents. I saw a parent of one of the most accomplished football players to ever play at UA storm out of stadium in middle of a game this year, dropping about 100 f-bombs on his way to the parking lot. I've met him a couple of times in the past and would have never seen that coming. He wasn't happy with Ford's strategy and he was doing everything possible to make sure everyone knew about. Super nice guy and super nice family. The emotion just gets the best of you I guess. I don't have kids so I don't really understand, but it appears to be a very common occurence at all levels from Little League to Division I athletics.

Yes that was who I was talking about. They had some very nice words for will brown if you know what I mean. I still think brown should have put him in so they can take him out one last time in his career.

I can understand where his parents are coming from.

I was at the game and would like to end the season on a positive note, that I was actually pretty proud of the teams effort yesterday. I thought they fought and played hard throughout, Six plus minutes in the first half and ten + in the second half without a basket, and they lost by the smallest margin of any team in the quarters. In the 10 + drought there was a play that might have summed up the game and maybe the season. Metcalf was under the basket with no one in front of him and it looked to be a sure lay-in; two SBU's were draped over his back and the shot went about a foot to eighteen inches straight up in the air. I think the only way it could have done that was if the SBU's were literally hanging on or Blake had anvils attached to his legs. No foul was called and I believe it was Ambrose got called for a touch foul at the other end about six seconds later. And i am certainly not blaming the refs for our 16 minutes of nothing but points from the foul line were more than the difference in the game. Anyhow lets hope next year is better!

I hate to hear stuff like this...I'm sorry to hear that the Giffords were apparently that upset. Truth be told tho, Brown was more then patient with Giff. Giff had many opportunities to stand out and never really did. Maybe you pin it on Brown system, I don't know but I never really saw any significant talent.

Great kid from what I hear and I wish him the best of luck but he wasn't a very good D1 player.

I'm not sure how much you can tell from the warm ups but I didn't get a good feeling right from the beginning. Will Harris was sitting in the chairs on the sideline and having his teamates give him the ball so he could launch shots sitting down while the rest of them warmed up. In the grand scheme of things it's probably not a big deal but was emblematic of the season.

The games I've watched against SBU I've always thought the talent difference wasn't that great but all the small details of the game they seem to have such a good handle on and we don't. We went for a bunch of rebounds yesterday with one hand only to have Brenton come in with two hands and grab it away. Seemed like every pass was just half a beat too late and allowed an SB player to get their hand on it. I guess that's to be expected when you lose 25 games.

I didn't hear what 08 heard about Giff. I did see in those last few minutes of the game it looked like Metcalf was gassed and I was suprised they kept him in. I didn't even think about Giff being a senior, just that Metcalf played a bunch of minutes in a row and looked beat.

I agree with Yank that overall they played hard. I've liked Aronhalt a lot better at the SG spot then at the small forward and I thought he rebounded better than I've seen him this year. I was surprised Tartt look so tentative, he was the guy many of us thought looked so calm in the beginning of the year.

If nothing else we were lead by a freshman (Metcalf) in rebounds and two freshman in points (Black and Aronhalt.) I'm hoping this has become their team.

If nothing else we were lead by a freshman (Metcalf) in rebounds and two freshman in points (Black and Aronhalt.) I'm hoping this has become their team.

I hope so to...we don't know who the three scholarships will go to...probably a couple of JUCO kids but we'll be stupid young next season.

Only two seniors (I don't see them as starters) and one junior...everyone else will be either freshmen or sophomores. Wow...even younger then I thought we'd be. We really need to get some JUCO kids to bring some experience. A forward and wing would be nice...last 'ship going to best available.

Click since you're such a Tommy Brenton fan I figured I'd give you his highlights. Pretty sure he was the SB player who bounced a ball off Metcalf during warm ups. Threw an elbow at Ambrose while inbouding the ball and was involved in the play were Mike Black got hurt - I'm not saying he did anything wrong on that play. I won't shed a tear if Boston U finishes off SBU and Brenton in the semis.

Click since you're such a Tommy Brenton fan I figured I'd give you his highlights. Pretty sure he was the SB player who bounced a ball off Metcalf during warm ups. Threw an elbow at Ambrose while inbouding the ball and was involved in the play were Mike Black got hurt - I'm not saying he did anything wrong on that play. I won't shed a tear if Boston U finishes off SBU and Brenton in the semis.

DONE! SB going to the NIT...game just ended.

I HATE Brenton...he's a POS! SB is a tough team though and he helps in the toughness dept. I just think the kid is dirty!

DONE! SB going to the NIT...game just ended.

I HATE Brenton...he's a POS! SB is a tough team though and he helps in the toughness dept. I just think the kid is dirty!

Hahahha enjoy the NIT. Brenton is a b*tch. He had a put back dunk yesterday and had his arms spread out running up the court like a kid pretending to be an airplane. He looked like a fool and is a fool. Completely classless.

I did not comment about the game yesterday but the three freshman looked real good. It came down to rebounds and just hitting shots which we did not do. We gave them a tough game and I am sure that it helped BU in beating them.

Clickclack, on 07 March 2010 - 08:28 PM, said:

I was glad to see Brenton Airlines grounded for emergency repairs...enjoy the NIT Tommy. Still only two SUNY's have ever been dancing...

olddog71, on 07 March 2010

And only one of the legitimately.

... and only one of them 2x

Archived