UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Albany @ Maine

Since you were the one to throw some lighter fluid back in the fire i might as well too. First off you don't need to take me seriously and i have said that your opinion of me means nothing. I only started following the aeast from the 04-05 season hence the UA'08. i am no america east guru who knows everything or claims to know everything about the league. I just state my opinion just like everyone else here and you are the one that starts everyting up. That's the only reason why I had to throw that post out there before. If you want to bash me because I left out Sorentine, so be it. Coppenrath was a 3 time POY if I recall and Rivera was clearly the poy last year, but the coaches boycotted voting for him.

My mannn, the issue here is clearly not me. There are more people that have had run ins with you than with me. Wanting to challange someone in a fight is real classy even if it was DaneDoggyStyle. I actually I don't think anyone has had any issues with me, but there are plenty that have had issues with you.

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Definitely not my place to get involved here, but can we leave the fights to PM's and keep the public forum for hoops talk?

Dude, that's what I was doing all day until someone had to say something. No worries though, I am done and said what needed to be said.

Oh boy-- Cape...you are more than right.

All I will respond to UA '08 is-- if I am going to challenge someone to fight it isnt going to be through a message board and, frankly, I am not 18 anymore. If you are referring to DaneDoggyStle...i think it is pretty well established that Jeff has been banned from numreous sites and villified by the Times Union Blog readers.

And yes, I am going to get on someone that says it was all Coppenrath. Kid was great...but once TJ arrived...it was all in place for the Catamounts.

You dont win at the DI level with ONE GUY. There is an old coaching adage Doc once told us: in DIII, you got 1, maybe 2 guys to stop. In DII...2 guys definitely. DI...you have to clearly shut down 3 guys...and work on the other two and make sure you dont let them beat you.

IN DI hoops...you gotta stop all five...even stiff big men.

I dunno about Giff needing to be stopped. Or MJ.

Dane96...I see where UA is coming from. Relax, and get the pipe outa yo ass son. Voice your opinion all you want. That's what we do. And that's what we're entitled to do. No need to get pissy about it though.

I ROCKED, sorry to keep this going, but I'm sure this thread will be on lockdown soon anyway.

Since 96 replied, I will reply back. You are correct in that I was referring to DDS. I don't know what you mean when you say you're not 18 anymore, but I'm assuming it's that you are now older and more mature and wouldn't want to throttle his ass; a good ol' fashion knock you on your ass and watch their eyes glaze over throttling. Thank you for taking me back down memory lane and letting me know what the Doc Sauers taught you. He was a great coach and I respect what he has done in the past for the school.

As for the basketball part, I still believe that a team can be succesfull with a dominating superstar and a few role players at this level. This is what I said in the other thread. That superstar can make other players better on the court. That is why I am hoping the coaching staff can find those special JUCO players that can come in and do that for next year. Obviously I did not play D1 basketball, but I am pretty sure D1 is not the same everywhere. There are different levels of D1 and I don't believe that D1 is D1. That is why we have the high majors (BCS), high mid majors (MVC,A10,CAA,CUSA) and you have the rest of the pack which we are in. I think that in the BCS conferences and high mid majors you need more than that one big time player, but where we're at you can get by with that as long as you have those role players.

As for the coaching staff, I have come to realize that as much as I wanted to see some changes nothing will happen. Albany will not eat that money that is owed to him. So all I got to do is hope that the coaching staff can learn from all their terrible mistakes they have made the past year and a half.

One more thing... Because I don't follow HS hoops in the Albany area I can't be taken seriously as well? Really? Excuse meee if I don't get the Times Union or Troy Record delivered to me down here in Long Island.

I dunno about Giff needing to be stopped. Or MJ.

Dane96...I see where UA is coming from. Relax, and get the pipe outa yo ass son. Voice your opinion all you want. That's what we do. And that's what we're entitled to do. No need to get pissy about it though.

That's exactly what I have been saying all along my dude. It's an open forum and everyone is entitled to their opinions. If you don't like it don't read it! I am pretty sure everyone roots for the same team here, but somehow you can still be attacked! It's great!

You know UA_MA...when it suits you, you can be awfully tough on people; I can remember numerous times you have ripped into a player. That said, there is nothing vile about the comment. I repeated something that was said in front about 15 people...including a tv reporter, an Athletic Director...and a newsprint reporter. Was public knowledge...

What someone else said...is no different than what others were saying. Will Harris...is a great great kid...but he is, indeed, a suspect ACC/DI basketball player.

As for you UA'08...you still dont know about Vermont and the Coppenrath years- it doesnt take an Albany insider (as you state) to figure that one out. That said, I am an equal opportunity criticizer-- go look at my posts about Bob Ford...a man I would run through just about anything for.

I believe you have me mistaken for someone else. If so, no harm done.

But if you can show me a post of mine where I have personally attacked a player or coach, you show me that post. Not because I want to argue with you, but because I want to be given the opportunity to apologize and then delete that post. I have 1,644 posts. Show me.

I was at a DI game last night and I happen to know the Asst of one of the teams (friend from our Albany days). A certain other coach on their team said, in relation to Harris, "We passed on him...we thought he was a fraud," regarding his transfer year.

Nuff said.

The other two guys I was with were shocked that the Coach was so candid...but not surprised.

I am a bit confused as to why Harris was even brought up. Since you felt the need to bring this up can you tell us how his name was thrown in there at another D1 game? If you don't want to answer that is fine also. I am just curious as to why a coach would call a player a fraud to begin with. Those are pretty harsh and inappropriate words from a coach. If this little convo was on the record and spoken to the media can you tell us what team and coach this was from instead of not using any names. Once again you don't have to answer if you don't want, but if you can bring this up to begin with I don't see why you can't tell us more.

And what do you mean by enough said? Are you aggreeing with the "coach" in calling harris a fraud?

I question how he was even in the ACC at times, but I would never call him a fraud.

Archived