UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Game is on the dane zone. Actually better video than the bball games.

Do you have to pay? I don't have danezone as I'm always at bball games

Yes. I have a subscription to watch the bball games. I was going to cancel but I thought I might as well wait until after a few LAX games.

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Any updates? - I'm on the bus and can't get the score on my blackberry.

Under 3 minutes go to UA down 3...Looks like Siena will finally get one.

Ugh...I thought Lax season was going to make me feel better after the bball debacle.

Any updates? - I'm on the bus and can't get the score on my blackberry.

Under 3 minutes go to UA down 3...Looks like Siena will finally get one.

Ugh...I thought Lax season was going to make me feel better after the bball debacle.

13-12 with under a minute to go...

Shots:

39 s

32 a

Ground Balls:

47 s

30 a

Faceoffs:

21/29 s

8/29 a

Clear attempts:

15/17 s

23/27 a

Check out the stats.

Slaughtered in faceoffs, which probably lost the game. Can't let a team capable of scoring have 73% of faceoffs and hand them offensive sets - leading to more shots.

If the faceoffs stat was more even, we'd have won.

Clearing was a bright spot.

Like it or not, they've become more competitive. It sickens me, but it's reality.

I thought it was a BIG mistake to schedule them at the very beginning of the year.

It doesn't allow our slow starting team to shake off the rust. Also, we've never really

considered siena a threat to win. From this point forward, let's hope they play with that in mind.

Although it's a complete embarassment, it may just wake up the team.

they were probably due for one....in about 8 or 9 years they'll get another.

Don't think it works quite that way. We have to play better to get the proper result and when we don't play as we should LCC is now capable of the upset unlike even a couple of years ago when their program was a complete joke.

it's a complete embarrassment, but LCC did outplay and outhustle UA at times during a lot of the game.

I also agree face-offs were a key and hopefully this will be a wakeup call and lead to improvement. If they don't improve from tonight, they have no chance against UMBC and SB. I would expect improvement.

This is disturbing. LAX was our strongest sport.

Basketball was a complete disaster. LAX is not starting off well. I'm all for giving people an opportunity but if things don't improve, we need a shake up at the top next year.

I don't think we should fault our Lacrosse program.It is on the way up. Plain and simple the Siena coaching staff has built a program from the ground up. Three years ago today UA beat them 21-8. Play this game in late April though---I think you get a much different result.

LCCC had something to prove for a long, long time....

That they could actually pull off a victory against the cross town giants.

This game was beyond urgently important to them.

It hasn't been much of an emotional charge for UAlbany. 50% effort isn't enough anymore to knock siena silly like we're used to. They aren't a total pushover anymore. Time to come to play from now on.

They play in the worst division with the worst teams in D1... easy access to the playoffs.

Of course, they are going to attract a few athletes for that very reason.

Don't fret. It's the beginning of the year. The program is on its way back to the top 10 sooner rather than later.

McElroy should learn from this. Schedule LCCC in late March or later.

Archived