UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

The last four or five years they've (Siena) seemed to improve in the sports we were waxing them in early in our DI tenure. Those first few years it was hard to believe they funded those sports at all. To me it seemed like after they cut their football program they started to put some of that money into scholarships for sports like lax and volleyball.

This game was called a rivarly before but really wasn't. It is now.

The last two years they've played us close.

I really feel that if we had a different mindset, we'd have won. We turn on the thrusters too late.

Regardless if I'm right or wrong, it's my opinion.

It is really remarkable that we've whipped their kazooos all decade in most sports.

They've been D1 for 4+ decades. They should have been whippin our kazoos instead in everything.

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The MAAC used to not allow scholarships for lacrosse - that's why Fairfield and Loyola, who already fully funded lax, are in the ECAC. Over the last three years the MAAC has allowed increased schollies, aiming for full funding by 2012.

Siena's football budget was just over 200K, so it couldn't account for more than half of lax scholarships even if it went there exclusively.

Despite the fact that it is terrible this year, I think them being competitive is a good thing for both schools. It will help with attendance and exposure in the Capital Region.

The basketball series is better when we're competitive and the lax series will be better now that they are competitive.

Archived