UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

'10-'11 Schedule

DP, I couldn't agree more. We WAY over scheduled last season looking back. Eight straight away from home was way to many games away from home (in a row) and did nothing to boost the confidence of the team.

Looking for something more manageable next season...as crazy as it sounds this team might be even young next year then this year. As of right now we have two seniors (Urli, Ambrose) and one junior (Allen), everyone else is a frosh or soph. Remains to be seen who's brought in with the three 'ships we have to give.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Taran Buie will be a freshman at Penn St. next year too. How about a four year deal with them, in Albany this year and at the end of the contract and at Penn State the two years in between. Probably a pipe dream but then again I never thought I'd see Illinois at Stony Brook either.

As unexciting as this sounds regarding next year's schedule I'm going to say it anyway. We just lost 25 games this year, I'd like to see us schedule some winnable games and get some confidence. I won't be disappointed if we are heavy with NEC, Ivies and Patriot league teams, essentially what Stony Brook did with their schedule this year. Get some wins and some confidence, if we do well build towards a more aggressive schedule the year after to test us a little more.

Stony Brook getting Illinois to go was a fluke. Cirque De Sole was scheduled at Assembly Hall yesterday.

And to top it off, a thread is started about an opinion of the bozo that's trying to fundamentally ruin our republic. Call congress. If you need links, I have them.

I'm going to apologize at the beginning but I'm going to take this thread off topic, like it or not. If you don't like it, too bad.

Your quote = facepalm.gif

Our country is 10000x better than most countries (except for maybe the Scandinavian ones who always have high scores for 'best place to live', etc.) in the world, even WITH all it's issues. Sit back and relax a bit. If you don't believe me, go spend some time in Iran, the former Soviet satellite countries, etc. I was born outside of this country and know how the rest of the world is. Perhaps some of you have never left the US borders and can't comprehend how LUCKY you are to be living here.

He's the president, but he's also human. If he wants to go play golf or do an NCAA bracket, let him. If he wants to wear jeans, let him. You people and the stuff you argue about or nit pick about. Seriously? Just stop. You want something to worry about that WILL help our country and society as a whole? Go worry about your childs education (or the education of your communities children) and making them a better overall citizen instead of raising kids who are lazy, have no respect for their fellow man, have no morals and are otherwise unproductive bags of skin (this country is FULL of them).

When I was in HS, ADD or ADHD didn't exist. Now? It's an excuse parents use because their kids can't sit in one spot and are otherwise unruly. Teach kids like they do where I'm from. Slap him once or twice on the hands with a yard stick (happened to me in 1st grade back in my native country because I didn't know my vowels) and tell him to get his ass into the seat and shut the hell up. Done. Demand respect. These days, you have kids telling teachers to F themselves, kids shooting up schools, etc. etc.

Stop worrying about what the President is doing on his personal time (he DOES have personal time you know, even as President) and start worrying about things in your control (such as raising proper citizens with good morals), etc.

/rant

Eastern Europe.

But anyway, back to discussing the schedule.

I should have known that considering the screen name.

Anyway - I do really hope the football and bball schedules are looked at together. I really think there is good avenue to get teams to the RACC and UField that otherwise wouldn't come here if they are looking at home-and-homes in bball and football. Who knows, maybe even LAX could be rolled into the deals somehow. A lot of schools are adding LAX every year.

And to top it off, a thread is started about an opinion of the bozo that's trying to fundamentally ruin our republic. Call congress. If you need links, I have them.

I'm going to apologize at the beginning but I'm going to take this thread off topic, like it or not. If you don't like it, too bad.

Our country is 10000x better than most countries (except for maybe the Scandinavian ones who always have high scores for 'best place to live', etc.) in the world, even WITH all it's issues. Sit back and relax a bit. If you don't believe me, go spend some time in Iran, the former Soviet satellite countries, etc. I was born outside of this country and know how the rest of the world is. Perhaps some of you have never left the US borders and can't comprehend how LUCKY you are to be living here.

He's the president, but he's also human. If he wants to go play golf or do an NCAA bracket, let him. If he wants to wear jeans, let him. You people and the stuff you argue about or nit pick about. Seriously? Just stop. You want something to worry about that WILL help our country and society as a whole? Go worry about your childs education (or the education of your communities children) and making them a better overall citizen instead of raising kids who are lazy, have no respect for their fellow man, have no morals and are otherwise unproductive bags of skin (this country is FULL of them).

When I was in HS, ADD or ADHD didn't exist. Now? It's an excuse parents use because their kids can't sit in one spot and are otherwise unruly. Teach kids like they do where I'm from. Slap him once or twice on the hands with a yard stick (happened to me in 1st grade back in my native country because I didn't know my vowels) and tell him to get his ass into the seat and shut the hell up. Done. Demand respect. These days, you have kids telling teachers to F themselves, kids shooting up schools, etc. etc.

Stop worrying about what the President is doing on his personal time (he DOES have personal time you know, even as President) and start worrying about things in your control (such as raising proper citizens with good morals), etc.

/rant

Best post on this board ever.

• 1 month later...

/rant

Why didn't I see this post earlier? Some of which seems to be directed at me.

You actually made a few valid points, regardless of how far off on a tangent you went.

Sounds like you were brought to the United States quite young - maybe as an infant? Do you have any real experience or recollection?

You don't need to worry about my perspective. I spend half of each year out of the country, and I have

spent significant time in Europe, mostly in the Czech Republic (Eastern Europe - victim of communist USSR).

Anyone, like myself, who grew up in the 70s & 80s having actually witnessed the Cold War / Soviet Union first hand, probably understands what freedom & liberty really means. It's too bad you weren't born during the Soviet Union's tyranny & oppression, or your appreciation for freedom might be even greater than it already is...

Let's hope our mighty republic remains strong, and that our lawmakers respect what made our country great.

UAlbany and $iena at the TUC on 12/04/10

any other firm dates yet?

I haven't seen anything official yet.

But the first legends game will be 11/19 - 11/21 and expect the remaining 3 games for the Legends classic to be around Thanksgiving(11/26-11/28). The 11/26 - 11/27 date on the website is for the host teams.

http://www.gazellegroup.com/events/legends/index_main.htm

But the first legends game will be 11/19 - 11/21 and expect the remaining 3 games for the Legends classic to be around Thanksgiving(11/26-11/28). The 11/26 - 11/27 date on the website is for the host teams.

Why does Albany wait till September to release the OOC schedule???? Siena already has their OOC schedule confirmed and announced.

Why does Albany wait till September to release the OOC schedule???? Siena already has their OOC schedule confirmed and announced.

If memory serves our schedule has to go through the SUNY system as an agreement to play a team constitutes a contract. Red tape!

If memory serves our schedule has to go through the SUNY system as an agreement to play a team constitutes a contract. Red tape!

Oh ok

Archived