UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Brown interviewing at Dartmouth?

I really didn't see that coming.

What are people's thought on where Mcelroy should look for a new head coach? Are any of our old Assistants like Eaton or our current Assistants up for being a headcoach for UA? It might help keep recruits if we stick with someone in the UA family.

Honestly IMO I don't see McElroy looking at anyone on the current staff.

EDIT: He's not gone yet, so maybe he'll stay. We'll have to see how it plays out, ultimately he'll have to make the best choice for him and his family.

Everyone understands that...

Edited by Clickclack
  • Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well..I guess I should have held off on mentioning Eaton for Hartford! IF Coach Brown does depart for Dartmouth..I'd be first to jump on the Eric Eaton bandwagon..have him bring along Iati back to UAlbany too.

Despite our recent lack of success over the past couple years..I still think we'd be one of the most desirable spots in the conference..and mid-majors in the region.

Former BCS coaches are one thing..but I'm not sure I'd be a fan of mid-major retreads..ie Wolff (with all due respect to him..of course). I like the young up-and-comer route..ie Eaton.

The thing I find interesting is that Big Green Alert the Dartmouth website said Brown was on campus this week for an interview. Jeff Brown, current head coach at Middlebury College. Maybe they're looking at both Browns or maybe this is an internet rumor gone wild.

Well..I guess I should have held off on mentioning Eaton for Hartford! IF Coach Brown does depart for Dartmouth..I'd be first to jump on the Eric Eaton bandwagon..have him bring along Iati back to UAlbany too.

Despite our recent lack of success over the past couple years..I still think we'd be one of the most desirable spots in the conference..and mid-majors in the region.

Former BCS coaches are one thing..but I'm not sure I'd be a fan of mid-major retreads..ie Wolff (with all due respect to him..of course). I like the young up-and-comer route..ie Eaton.

I'm with you...(since we are doing a little bit of speculating as we await some form of news)...no Wolff. High major coach...who's been let go OK, but not Wolff.

Wait...did I miss something- brown hasnt left yet.

That said, if he did leave:

Eaton

Grasso

Duke

Skinner (one can dream)

Wolfe

OR ANYONE WITH NYC ties.

I meant if we lose him.. true he hasn't gotten the job yet so I mighta jumped the gun on my questions.

I can see things that are appealing about that job...like not have to deal with idiotic budget cuts that are constant, probably additional years=security, lower expectations.

If the step up and commit additional resources to the basketball program (not like they don't have them), I can see it being an appealing job. Cornell showed that you can build a decent program in the Ivy league and this could be a case of catch up on the part of Dartmouth, not wanting to fall to far behind.

Right now it's a worse job from facilities and exposure perspective, Dartmouth is a pretty shetty program.

Dartmouth is the worst job in the Ivy League, by far. I'd be shocked if they match Brown's UA salary, let alone give him a meaningful increase in $. Maybe he's looking at the Donahue model for success at Cornell, but the only reason I can see Will taking the Dartmouth job is because he thinks he has no future at UA (i.e. he thinks things won't get better next year).