UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Brown interviewing at Dartmouth?

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I dont remember being at odds with the Misses more than a couple of times..huh.

But my memory is failing these days as i get older.

I can be boisterous sometimes, but I too forget who thats with if iits even with certain people or just in general. haha

Since it's Tuesday and nothing further has developed...I'm gonna go out on a limb and say that Brown isn't going anywhere.

Its quite amusing - the difference between the panic of CB leaving for St. Bonaventure back then, and the comparitive ambivalence about him leaving for Dartmouth now.

Report: Brown no longer in Dartmouth mix

April 21, 2010 at 10:44 am by Mark Singelais

Citing sources, Fox Sports’ Jeff Goodman is reporting on his Twitter account that UAlbany coach Will Brown is “out of the mix” for the Dartmouth opening.

It’s not clear whether Brown turned down an offer from the Big Green, or if one was ever extended.

http://blog.timesunion.com/collegesports/report-brown-no-longer-in-dartmouth-mix/8103/

Report: Brown no longer in Dartmouth mix

April 21, 2010 at 10:44 am by Mark Singelais

Citing sources, Fox Sports’ Jeff Goodman is reporting on his Twitter account that UAlbany coach Will Brown is “out of the mix” for the Dartmouth opening.

It’s not clear whether Brown turned down an offer from the Big Green, or if one was ever extended.

http://blog.timesunion.com/collegesports/report-brown-no-longer-in-dartmouth-mix/8103/

Interesting. I wonder what happened. purplehaze must be PISSED......kidding.... ;)

At this point, I guess I'm happy. As I've said several times, the next two-three years will make or break Will Brown. I hope it makes him!

@goodmanonfox: Now being told that Albany's Will Brown not completely out of the mix at Dartmouth after all.

That guy should stop jerking us around!

So true!!!

I hear Brown is holding out for an annual pass for the Mount Washington Auto Road.

(Just contributing to the confusion.)

If anyone's jerking anything around, it very well could be Brown doing it.

If he is committed to UAlbany, then he wouldn't be in the middle of this Dartmouth thing.

I'd imagine he would've put an end to the rumor mill if he wasn't seriously entertaining the idea of bailing. He's still got time on his contract.

From my viewpoint, he's got something quite substantial to prove.

I'd like to see that those two years of success weren't a total fluke...

Since, we've majorly flopped and sit at the bottom of the AE.

Every other team in the AE has shown steady improvement, and UA, not so much.

I question why Vermont stays near the top of the AE year in and year out, and why after our success, we've crumbled into oblivion. Myabe we were just riding the coattails of Jamar, and it had nothing to do with coaching talent.

I hear Brown is holding out for an annual pass for the Mount Washington Auto Road.

(Just contributing to the confusion.)

:lol::lol:

If anyone's jerking anything around, it very well could be Brown doing it.

If he is committed to UAlbany, then he wouldn't be in the middle of this Dartmouth thing.

I'd imagine he would've put an end to the rumor mill if he wasn't seriously entertaining the idea of bailing. He's still got time on his contract.

From my viewpoint, he's got something quite substantial to prove.

I'd like to see that those two years of success weren't a total fluke...

Since, we've majorly flopped and sit at the bottom of the AE.

Every other team in the AE has shown steady improvement, and UA, not so much.

I question why Vermont stays near the top of the AE year in and year out, and why after our success, we've crumbled into oblivion. Myabe we were just riding the coattails of Jamar, and it had nothing to do with coaching talent.

With each passing day, I agree more and more with this. I think this is going to really hurt Coach Brown's reputation with the fans and even the ones who have defended him the most. If the team does not win this year many more people will turn on him but in the end he brought this upon himself since he is in this process.

I may be in the minority but I don't begrudge the guy for listening. He has a family that he has to take care of as what I presume the primary bread winner...with an addition of another little one it's not unreasonable for him to sit down and do the math, see what they have to offer. Two years left on a contract is not a whole lot of job security. If he reached out to them perhaps I'd be a little more bothered.

I don't think anyone is gonna come out and say that he doesn't have anything to prove next season...he does IMO. Last season left many scratching their heads. I'm of the opinion that ONE horrible season in the last 5 or 6 does not warrant his dismissal as some have called for. He had a .500 record the year after losing Jamar and one game under .500 the following year. Last year was HORRIBLE, but IMO he deserves another year simply on the basis of what he's done for the program. This is a results driven business, everyone understands that, hopefully he'll get the program moving in the right direction again.

I'm looking forward to next season (with him at the helm), the nucleus is solid, we'll be young but the team will not be without talent next season. There is definitely something to build on from last season looking at the play of kids like Black and Aronhalt.

This is the year of no excuses...get out there and play UA basketball, tough in your face D, rebound the rock etc. Not the lame basketball of last season where no one stepped up to lead the team. Young guys were to young to do it...veterans refused or were incapable.

Archived