UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

It's possible the design phase includes the tower and one upper deck, the field able to be used before they're built. Wouldn't need additional infrastructure, and the environmental impact statement might cover all phases.

A construction budget of only $10-14 million for phase 1 sounds a lot better for publicity than $60 mill. for everything. I don't know how much the TBD basic design and 'additional services' costs will add.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's possible the design phase includes the tower and one upper deck, the field able to be used before they're built. Wouldn't need additional infrastructure, and the environmental impact statement might cover all phases.

A construction budget of only $10-14 million for phase 1 sounds a lot better for publicity than $60 mill. for everything. I don't know how much the TBD basic design and 'additional services' costs will add.

Based on my reading of the RFQ (and I'm no expert) neither the tower nor the upper level are included in phase one. Maybe I'm wrong on that.

As far as cost...9-12 month's of design and all that work can't come cheap, probably another significant chunk of change.

Not going to kill myself again...typed in a whole post that got erased. I do read construction/manufacturing/sales RFP's and RFQ's all day for work, so I am very familiar with the language. First, the design is NOT included in the budget. That means the budget is strictly for the construction pieces...and that is VERY VERY GOOD! My guess...a mil for design..another mil to 2million for management, excluding costs.

The environmental impact does cover all phases...and, even better, the designer has to design this to be almost like an erector set set up-- once designed...you wont have to redesign becasue it will be desgigned for what Heery put in the report (the video). So, you just get the contractor to come on in and work off the design. That said, it also lends itself to sole sourcing once the work is started, i.e. you wont have to re-bid the construction piece arguably because it is a contract based off the old contract. This is also good for expediency.

I suspect, from the RFQ, that we get a 2,000 seat track facility at the current track site. The 6,000 number is confounding because the lower bowl will eventually be around 1923 seats per sideline and 1152 seats per enzone when complete (6,000 total seats) and the upper is 18,000 seats (5,200 and 3,800 seats respectively).

But there is definitely going to be concessions, bathrooms, a/v and Operations booths with the phase requested. Does that mean a tower or temporary boxes because frankly...unless they only go with the lower bowl...the 6,000 number makes no sense.

Good news...there is about a 8-10 mm budget just for football (presumeably)...total budget 10-14mm for the track and the football fields. Also, the desiner/manager must sign a 5 year contract. Considering occupancy is 2012...tht makes me believe the school will add a deck by 2015....and capacity will be somewhere near 5,000 for the deck...bringing us to 11,000 seats.

So pissed that my other post was negged.

As do i my friend...as do I.

Me thinks with the "price" that the school will do this right and not half-assed. Meaning...we would get a better lower bowl with temp booths for now...and then spend more money for the deck and tower later...probably by 2015.

Although we've been waiting for this video presentation to support the stadium cause for how many years now, it's finally a reality.

Although it's been like watching a snail crawl a marathon, let's hope the snail hops on a harley and finishes this race more quickly.

Any guesses as to when we see something direct from the University regarding the stadium? I would assume that they are waiting for the budget to pass but the timing of the flyover video seems very odd to me.

Any guesses as to when we see something direct from the University regarding the stadium? I would assume that they are waiting for the budget to pass but the timing of the flyover video seems very odd to me.

Just because we found the vid doesn't mean it was intended for the general public. I heard it's been used for select few (read LARGE) doners, but for whatever reason the school has been pretty secretive and as far as I can tell not much has changed. People got the RFQ because by law they probably have to give it to those that ask. The University isn't exactly surrounded by "friends"...look at the TU coverage of the school.

Just because we found the vid doesn't mean it was intended for the general public. I heard it's been used for select few (read LARGE) doners, but for whatever reason the school has been pretty secretive and as far as I can tell not much has changed. People got the RFQ because by law they probably have to give it to those that ask. The University isn't exactly surrounded by "friends"...look at the TU coverage of the school.

I think you're probably right click. I'm also surprised that we haven't seen an article or blog posting yet but it is track season afterall. Which, for once I'm actually happy we don't have a fulltime beat writer.

And btw Click-I'm not ignoring your PM. I have just been on phone browser since wednesday and haven't been able to access my PM.

So now that the budget is passed I took a look to see if I could find any specific stadium funding.

Well, not surprising, but I couldn't. However, I did find this:

STATE UNIVERSITY OF NEW YORK

(APPROPRIATED TO THE STATE UNIVERSITY CONSTRUCTION FUND)

CAPITAL PROJECTS 2010-11

1 Project Schedule

2 PROJECT AMOUNT

3 ----------------------------------------------------------

4 (thousands of dollars)

5 Albany

6 Campus-wide projects, including Renovate

7 University Library ............................ 33,006

That's $33,006,000 for various projects which could very well include $15,000,000 for Phase I and the track complex. I hope the University says something soon. At this point if the money is secured why are they still keeping it a secret? Maybe they'll be able to fundraise for an additional $5 million or so and get moving on the first deck and tower?

Exactly. At this point...the best configuration I could figure is to do a Brooks Stadium (Coastal) or Cortland deal. Except...make the lower level less rows...increase the distance on the top deck...and do about 10 rows opposite the home side. Next phase could be the endzone and upper deck.

Archived