UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

I'd prefer to the home side completed now (bottom level, deck and tower) before anything else happens with the lower bowl, but I don't know if the lower bowl is needed as a foundational aspect.

Once again, state money is great, but what about a grass roots fundraising effort? That video along with a website and an all out alumni push would get people to reach into their pockets.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We don't know if any of that 33million is designated towards the track/stadium project anyway. I know it's only been a couple of hours since this thing passed but if there is any funding designated for the stadium, they NEED to get word out. This shouldn't take MONTH's they should be ready to go IMO. Get a website, start a public fund raising campaign. That video is great, run a short commercial locally on it, take an ad out. People need to know that this is a community venue, one that will be used by local HS's concerts, Special Olympics, Empire Games etc.

We don't know if any of that 33million is designated towards the track/stadium project anyway. I know it's only been a couple of hours since this thing passed but if there is any funding designated for the stadium, they NEED to get word out. This shouldn't take MONTH's they should be ready to go IMO. Get a website, start a public fund raising campaign. That video is great, run a short commercial locally on it, take an ad out. People need to know that this is a community venue, one that will be used by local HS's concerts, Special Olympics, Empire Games etc.

It actually looks like that portion was signed by the governor on July 2nd. There are some line item vetos, but I don't think they pertain to that portion.

http://assembly.state.ny.us/leg/?default_fld=&bn=A09703%09%09&Actions=Y

The way I see it (and I'm not legislative expert) is that this $33 million has been secure for a month now.

Good to hearm but I really wish the University would parlay the excitement surrounding this with a massive fundraising campaign for football:

Other questions that I would hope they could answer:

1. What in the world will be built in Phase I?

2. Scholarships?

3. NEC?

Word around Philly is that the Big East is still considering offering Villanova a spot to move up. That would open another spot in the CAA and would take another northern team out of the equation making travel even further for UNH, UMass and Maine (assuming URI is already NEC).

Good to hear - now the questions arise:

1. What in the world will be built in Phase I?

2. Scholarships?

3. NEC?

Word around Philly is that the Big East is still considering offering Villanova a spot to move up. That would open another spot in the CAA and would take another northern team out of the equation making travel even further for UNH, UMass and Maine (assuming URI is already NEC).

We can clear all the hurdles in one jump, one down many more to go. I will say that I appreciate all of the hard work behind the scenes, could this have been managed a bit better, perhaps but at least we appear to be moving in the right direction.

Agreed...with both Clack and DF. Both have excellent points, but there is a very small window we have to make a push...and that push must be made. If I remember correctly, and I paraphrase, "Will we be competing with the Ohio States...no...but there is certainly room for us to grow and move up with our peers." Dr. Kermit Hall.

Make his dream--and that of those players and alumni who came before the current crop and future alumni--a reality.

Okay so we have $33 million dollar budget this year to fund all the projects.

How many projects are currently being worked on?

From my knowledge reading this board and talking to members of the university.

1. New Dorms Near Indian Quad

2. New Bussiness School

3. Campus Center Renovations and Expantions

4. Multi-Purpose Stadium/Track Stadium

5. Purple Path?

Have I missed anything? When are these projects projected to be complete?

I rewatched the video and Wyland said Phase I would involve the lower bowl, the west side upper deck and tower.

This would be perfect for what our current level of competition and attendence. My question is how is the university budgeting all these projects? How much would the lower bowl, the upper deck, tower, track stadium and support facilities cost?

Okay so we have $33 million budget this year to fund all the projects.

2. New Bussiness School

4. Multi-Purpose Stadium

5. Purple Path?

I believe some of the projects were funded in previous years, if I'm not mistaken the business school funding has been secured for a while now so this new pot of 33mil imo won't go towards that. I could be wrong though, can any shed some light on what possible projects this 33mil would go towards?

2. New Bussiness School

4. Multi-Purpose Stadium

5. Purple Path?

I believe some of the projects were funded in previous years, if I'm not mistaken the business school funding has been secured for a while now so this new pot of 33mil imo won't go towards that. I could be wrong though, can any shed some light on what possible projects this 33mil would go towards?

All of those other projects are funded from previous years budgets. They are all part of the SUNY 5 year capital plan, which I think we're in year 3 of. Each year $550 million is expected to be funded in the capital appropriations to be split amongst all the SUNY schools based on their requests.

Two years ago we got the funding for the B School and Campus Center. Last year it was the dorms. This year its $33 million for what is referred to above as various project including library renovations. Who knows how much of that is going to the library, but it could b

e $1m or $10m. Sounds like a good project to highlight in your budget request though. Who's going to argue against books? ;)

2. New Bussiness School

4. Multi-Purpose Stadium

5. Purple Path?

All of those other projects are funded from previous years budgets. They are all part of the SUNY 5 year capital plan, which I think we're in year 3 of. Each year $550 million is expected to be funded in the capital appropriations to be split amongst all the SUNY schools based on their requests.

Two years ago we got the funding for the B School and Campus Center. Last year it was the dorms. This year its $33 million for what is referred to above as various project including library renovations. Who knows how much of that is going to the library, but it could b

e $1m or $10m. Sounds like a good project to highlight in your budget request though. Who's going to argue against books? ;)

Hehe!

Office of Facilities Management sitework

Business school 'construction phase' listed for 2011 thru 2014. Parking lots around Collins Circle being done this fall. Only site work and infrastructure listed for the dorms for now. A lot of other projects which may be maintenance or capital (like sewer lines, sidewalks, replacing windows with more efficient glass).

Archived