UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Are we suppose to build this stadium in total secrecy. Someday the students and the community will look around and say "OH WOW LOOK AT THAT" a new stadium. I know I am being factitious, but we got to go public sometime, WHY NOT NOW? Who are we afraid of? You say we have to pick our battles; maybe their is no battle. But how are we to know until we announce and get started?

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Msgdg's perspective is on target, and I feel this is the very situation.

Clack had it right, we don't want anyone, including people with any sort of power or persuasion, to start dissecting the university's allocations, watching with an eagle eye, and eventually creating a big stink when the time comes. Being vocal in the past has only brought negativity and zero funding.

It is a shame we can't tout this stadium video, as it is a very nice production.

I do think it is being used, just not in the public eye.

Anyone been hearing anything on this topic?

Msgdg's perspective is on target, and I feel this is the very situation.

Clack had it right, we don't want anyone, including people with any sort of power or persuasion, to

start disecting the university's allocations, watching with an eagle eye, and eventually creating a big stink when the time comes. Look where it has gotten us by being vocal in the past... nowhere and with zero funding.

It is a shame we can't tout this stadium video, as it is a very nice production.

I do think it is being used, just not in the public eye.

Anyone been hearing anything on this topic?

- I'm not sure we've ever been really vocal about it, even when the requested the $60 mil in the budget they didn't say anything, we had to find that info.

- I KNOW they are/have been using that video with select donors (read BIG money)

When writing vocal, I failed to include 'limited'.

McElroy did have luncheons with local business owners, and there were a few interviews

with the president and Lee...

Quite limited but there was an attempt.... weak or not.

And it got us nowhere.

I don't disagree, problem is we have no Lavelle (sp?) to deliver us stuff like this. We have no strong advocate.

Sticking our chest out and picking fights with no one to stand behind/beside us will do nothing but get our teeth kicked in. Especially if a workaround has been identified.

When writing vocal, I failed to include 'limited'.

McElroy did have luncheons with local business owners, and there were a few interviews

with the president and Lee...

Quite limited but there was an attempt.... weak or not.

And it got us nowhere.

I don't disagree, problem is we have no Lavelle (sp?) to deliver us stuff like this. We have no strong advocate.

Maybe people should have thought about not voting for our current Senator in the primaries because he does NOTHING for UAlbany. But too late now....

The original RFQ said Qualifications were due on August 24, after which the U will evaluate them, then negotiate the design fee. Any idea how long these evaluations and negotiations typically take? (now approaching one month, if the addendum didn't delay the deadline)

So, a while back, we hired Heery Intl. http://www.heery.com/

How much were they paid again?

And they were hired to:

Design the video.?

Come up with some marketing ideas?

Anything else?

I was under the impression that they would have come up with some real

architectural designs and plans.... as they are a full service stadium builder.

Now, companies have submitted their qualifications, 'resumes' sort of speak - to apply for the job of doing real architectural & engineering plans?

Is Heery in the running....

or what exactly am I missing here?

So, a while back, we hired Heery Intl. http://www.heery.com/

How much were they paid again?

And they were hired to:

Design the video.?

Come up with some marketing ideas?

Anything else?

I was under the impression that they would have come up with some real

architectural designs and plans.... as they are a full service stadium builder.

Now, companies have submitted their qualifications, 'resumes' sort of speak - to apply for the job of doing real architectural & engineering plans?

Is Heery in the running....

or what exactly am I missing here?

That's why it costs double for the SUNY system to build anything. A private school would have just hired a firm to do a "design and build.". One company-one contract. From concept to engineering to construction. Much cheaper and much much faster.

Archived