UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

A little update on Maine and Coach's thoughts on SFA. This is a tall order Sat night. They will be "heavy" up front on their D-line so our big uglies better have it strapped on. If we can move the ball I think SFA could get gassed out before we do. This is one of those times, if played correctly, an O line may be better suited by being more athletic then huge. SFA is not huge up front(again think UMASS) but they will be bigger then we are on Offense. We shall see. It also seems they have great team speed on Defense as well.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ford said their defense may be the best we've ever faced.

A good defensive battle shaping up Saturday?

Let's hope the cobwebs were all shaken off, and the extra long week

helped us get well prepared, and gives us an advantage.

When does the team travel to Texas?

Sadly, I have no faith in our secondary...never have...

That, is where we lose the game (not saying we will lose...oh yes, I am).

Hey if Appy vs. Michigan can happen, this can happen. If JSU can win...who knows. I mean I wouldn't bet my mortgage on it but you never know. We've got nothing to lose.

People get a grip, we arent playing The University of Texas. They are beatable, its FCS not NFL. Do they have better skill players then we do? Yes. In typical UA fashion, we need to run the ball successfully, NO TURNOVERS and play great D again. We will not shut them out.

The problem is is that their coach likes to run up the score. They beat a DII or a DIII team 92-0 a few years ago. That should be motivation enough. They are cocky so hopefully they are looking past UA to UNI.

As for our chances with sfa, as a UA squad, we can win versus

any fcs team. I wouldn't have said that 2 years ago. The season

is young, and our players are young, which may be the biggest

obstacle this weekend.

As each Autumn rolls in, I seem to see a more improved,

more impressive UAlbany FCS football squad. I think

this beast gathers more and more steam with each game. I think our

chances would be better if we played them later in the season, but

I still think it's doable.

The experience we get from playing this game is MOST important.

NEC Championship!

Nobody is going to roll over in the NEC, this is playoff year.

I also read on their board that they have some injuries on the D line. Teams improve the most from what I have been told between week 1 and week 2. They got beat up by A&M last weekend so they will be pissed. If we can get out of the first qtr without getting lit up we greatly improve our chances. If we can manage to frustrate them, they could lose some composure, panic and begin to press.Remember its still early for them as well and they didn't accomplish much last week. So they could still have some rust on them.

Come on Ruler...be sensible here. Flat out, they throw the ball all over the place. Flat out, we have always been weak on the 15 yard zone coverage passing attack. We dont have the best secondary historically...though Ross Bertrand seems to be pretty good and Jack Ciccarellos seems like a ball hawk.

We wont put up 30+ points on this team...and they very likely could put up 30-40 on us without a problem.

If we are being rational, unless we are able to stop the passing game...we are in for a difficult night.

I agree with you Dane 96, they are a throwing team. I dont care if its a 15 yard out or a bomb. Thats why we need to pressure their qb and control the clock on offense. Georgia Southern was the same way last year. A high flying pass happy team, and I am aware that SFA is a far superior team to GSU. Long sustained drives shorten the game and their offensive possessions. They are going to score no doubt, we just need to keep it to 2 or 3 scores. Once upon a time, with less talent we beat a pretty good passing qb named Flacco who now works on Sundays.

I honestly think SFA is probably on the same level as UMass was last year. We got our butts handed to us by UMass, but believe it or not, I actually already think we're better than last year's team. We also got whooped at UMass because of early turnovers and a weak OLine, both of which are keys to this game, IMO.

You have to remember that the CAA is far and away the best league in the country. I have no doubt that UMass would have won the Southland Conference last year. The Southland is not even a top tier FCS league. They're in that middle range. They aren't the Big Sky, Socon or CAA. That's for sure.

We're the underdog, but not by more than 2 scores.

My prediction - 35-28 with the game tight late into the 4th Q.

I can't imagine sfa could be too 'pissed'. They knew they never had a chance to be even competitive

with A & M, and must have figured to get blown out anyways.

What they should be pissed about is the fact that their players laid around on the field, whimpering

like pansies, faking injuries.

There's nothing I can't stand more, than athletes walking, running, or lying around acting like injured sissies, faking injuries, or exaggerating injuries. It sickened me when I played sports, and it sickens me

to watch anyone doing it.

Oh and btw I would like to take this opportunity to again express my utter confusion over why we are the ONLY Division I football team (FBS or FCS) to not have a home game in the month of September for the 2nd time in 3 years?

How can our Admins let that happen?

Oh and btw I would like to take this opportunity to again express my utter confusion over why we are the ONLY Division I football team (FBS or FCS) to not have a home game in the month of September for the 2nd time in 3 years?

How can our Admins let that happen?

I hear it's an inverse relationship...attendance goes up as temperature drops.

Archived