UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oh and btw I would like to take this opportunity to again express my utter confusion over why we are the ONLY Division I football team (FBS or FCS) to not have a home game in the month of September for the 2nd time in 3 years?

How can our Admins let that happen?

I hear it's an inverse relationship...attendance goes up as temperature drops.

With the lack of coverage by the TU and no home games for the first month of the season, I wouldn't be surprised if people in Albany thought we dropped football like Hofstra.

How can you expect to continue building a fanbase if you don't give them any home games in September?

And for once, can Coach Ford get a gimmee game at home early in the season? Schedule Marist or Bucknell at home in September and let us beat up on them in front of 5,000 people. Is it really that hard?

Oh and btw I would like to take this opportunity to again express my utter confusion over why we are the ONLY Division I football team (FBS or FCS) to not have a home game in the month of September for the 2nd time in 3 years?

How can our Admins let that happen?

I hear it's an inverse relationship...attendance goes up as temperature drops.

With the lack of coverage by the TU and no home games for the first month of the season, I wouldn't be surprised if people in Albany thought we dropped football like Hofstra.

How can you expect to continue building a fanbase if you don't give them any home games in September?

And for once, can Coach Ford get a gimmee game at home early in the season? Schedule Marist or Bucknell at home in September and let us beat up on them in front of 5,000 people. Is it really that hard?

Agreed! The Times Useless has proven itself over and over to be a POS newspaper. Singleass is about as useless a beat reported as there is in the country. With him covering UA sports, we migh as well be the Kabul Great Danes.

"With him covering UA sports, we might as well be the Kabul Great Danes."

In this case, wouldn't we be the Kabul Afghan Hounds?

(Sorry, I couldn't resist.)

It would be nice for Fitzgerald continue, but I doubt that the TU will do that since he is, well, good.

Fitzgerald is good. I wish he would continue as well. Anyone know anything about him? I wish they'd hire him as the fulltime UA beat writer. Its so obvious that Singleas does not want to cover UA sports. If anything, he's actually made it clear numerous times that he dislikes all things UA-related. Why the TU would continue with him in that position is beyond me.

"With him covering UA sports, we might as well be the Kabul Great Danes."

In this case, wouldn't we be the Kabul Afghan Hounds?

(Sorry, I couldn't resist.)

It would be nice for Fitzgerald continue, but I doubt that the TU will do that since he is, well, good.

Fitzgerald is good. I wish he would continue as well. Anyone know anything about him? I wish they'd hire him as the fulltime UA beat writer. Its so obvious that Singleas does not want to cover UA sports. If anything, he's actually made it clear numerous times that he dislikes all things UA-related. Why the TU would continue with him in that position is beyond me.

I would like anyone but Mark S.

He is a joke and usually only posts what is already public knowledge on the internet. Like yesterday when he blogged that some preseason basketball magazines are on the newsstands. It was pretty funny having him get bent out of shape on-line this morning when I commented on a writer who was able to actually write a conference preview and it tells you all you need to know about him as a reporter if you didn't already know.

If I put this here, maybe someone on the T-U staff will see it and ... well, if not republish it as 'staff reports', at least see how a local paper can cover a local team.

SFA hopes to find stride against Albany - Thursday's Southland roundup in the Nacodgoches Daily Sentinel

And today

Roberson leads SFA receiving core ( a picky person might spell it 'corps')

Although this other story today is more in the T-U's line

Harper responds to faking allegations (coach says they didn't fake cramps and he's not watching the video)

Just the fact that several local kids are prominent players on this team, would make you think the TU would be doing a better job of coverage. It is a continuing irritation to me. I cancelled my subscription and started getting the Schenectady Gazette for the last couple years.

UAAlum72

Thanks for posting links to real articles.

BTW, the TU website says to suggest a story coverage contact tusports@timesunion.com

So I just sent an emaill.

NEWSROOM

To send a news tip, suggest story coverage or submit news of your community, contact our editors at:

Local News: tucitydesk@timesunion.com.

Business: tubusiness@timesunion.com.

Sports: tusports@timesunion.com.

Life/Features: tufeatures@timesunion.com.

http://www.timesunion.com/help/

Maybe we should wait until we know it won't be a blowout loss before suggesting more coverage; OTOH any news is good news.

BTW -- Bryan Fitzgerald graduated from UAlbany recently, and majored in journalism there.

Exactly what the TU needs. Some actual motivation to do a good job.

Maybe we should wait until we know it won't be a blowout loss before suggesting more coverage; OTOH any news is good news.

Got a response back from Hank Domin

Basically he thinks the TU's coverage of UA football is appropriate and says there will UA football stories tomorrow and Sunday.

He also brought up that the TU covers 61 high school football teams, high school soccer,etc as if all the other areas in the country that DO cover their local college football teams appropriately don't have high schools to cover also.

Obviously, I disagreed with him and like others I won't be purchasing the TU if the coverage continues to be poor.

Archived