UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Coach Abe

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 4 weeks later...

Loss tonight at UMBC. We looked locked into #5 in the conference. Nice improvement from last year for Coach Abe.

Looks like we'll play Hartford @Hartford. The matchup we were hoping to avoid on the men's side. On the bright side, our only tournament win was at Hartford against Hartford.

Five dollars says the women's basketball team has more wins than the men's basketall team this season.

It looks like this one is coming right down to the wire, and I have to say congratulations to both teams on better than expected seasons (at least by my uninoformed standards.)

Women: 16-13, and a five seed in the conference tourney...With six Coach Abe recruits coming in next year, I think anything less than 20 wins might be a disappointment.

Men: 16-15, a four seed in the conference tourney, a win over the local community college, and a regular season sweep on the SUNYs...There were some very painful moments on the way back to respectability, but this team is much better than it was in October.

Good luck to both programs this weekend.

Five dollars says the women's basketball team has more wins than the men's basketall team this season.

It looks like this one is coming right down to the wire, and I have to say congratulations to both teams on better than expected seasons (at least by my uninoformed standards.)

Women: 16-13, and a five seed in the conference tourney...With six Coach Abe recruits coming in next year, I think anything less than 20 wins might be a disappointment.

Men: 16-15, a four seed in the conference tourney, a win over the local community college, and a regular season sweep on the SUNYs...There were some very painful moments on the way back to respectability, but this team is much better than it was in October.

Good luck to both programs this weekend.

on a separate note, anybody watching what Raffa is doing for Coastal Carolina?? watched him tonight in Big South semis and he is carrying a depleted team on his back - 25 points, 9 rebounds, 6 assists(he had 24 points in the quarterfinals). They play in the Finals at 4pm Saturday on ESPN2. Good for the kid - makes me cringe at what could have been. They even have a Raffa Mafia in the student section.

on a separate note, anybody watching what Raffa is doing for Coastal Carolina?? watched him tonight in Big South semis and he is carrying a depleted team on his back - 25 points, 9 rebounds, 6 assists(he had 24 points in the quarterfinals). They play in the Finals at 4pm Saturday on ESPN2. Good for the kid - makes me cringe at what could have been. They even have a Raffa Mafia in the student section.

Certainly a strong performance on the court..but I'm still 100% comfortable without him. I like the fact that we have great team chemistry..and that all the players seem to enjoy being around each other. And others probably remember better than I do..but I believe there would be no Mike Black if there was still an Anthony Raffa.

Certainly a strong performance on the court..but I'm still 100% comfortable without him. I like the fact that we have great team chemistry..and that all the players seem to enjoy being around each other. And others probably remember better than I do..but I believe there would be no Mike Black if there was still an Anthony Raffa.

+1, If Black continues to grow and improve like he's doing the last few games. Quite honestly, I'd much rather have him.

Archived