UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Coaches' luncheon

One more thing I remember from the lunch.

Someone asked who Coach voted for in the coaches poll.

He responded BU. Mentioned that they have the best player.

But also said "that polls don't mean anything". I know I am forgetting some of the other comments in regard to the question. Someone else can add the rest.

No, he said most could probably guess 7 or 8 of the 9 who are in the rotation, but he wasn't going to say who they were.

Of course that begs a guess:

Black

Ambrose

Aronhalt

Devlin

Metcalf

Moore

Puk

Tart...

As long as we are speculating; I think Iati looked really good in the PG game and he would be my suprise 9th man. Also, does anyone besides me think Tart looks totally lost? Right now I do not see him in the mix. I would go with the experienced Allen (if coach rewards hard work in practice Billy would be the man)

No, he said most could probably guess 7 or 8 of the 9 who are in the rotation, but he wasn't going to say who they were.

Of course that begs a guess:

Black

Ambrose

Aronhalt

Devlin

Metcalf

Moore

Puk

Tart...

As long as we are speculating; I think Iati looked really good in the PG game and he would be my suprise 9th man. Also, does anyone besides me think Tart looks totally lost? Right now I do not see him in the mix. I would go with the experienced Allen (if coach rewards hard work in practice Billy would be the man)

Yeah, now that you mention it, not sure Tartt will play. I'm not sure what it is but he went into some kind of shell after that missed dunk last season. Hardly ever looked for his shot.

From what I know about this year's team (very little) here's my guess where they stand

Black

Logan

Metcalf

Ambrose

Devlin

Puk

Allen - hard work and D...he has to be in the rotation.

Moore - mentioned by Brown as team's best defender? with that quote I say he's in the rotation

...so pick 1 from the 3 below. From my point of view we absolutely need a back-up point guard and may need a 3 from this list

Watts? - based on comments last year that he was practicing well and from CB's luncheon comments

Tartt? - he proved he's not a point guard last year. Will he defend at a higher level than Watts? To me he does not fall into the lock-down-defender category

Iati - looked very comfortable in the P&G game and from that small sampling you would think he would be in the running as a back-up pg...not a 3...wonder if CB thinks he can defend at a high enough level (visions of his brother doing everything right but not being able to stop anyone).

Notice no comments about offense...don't think CB cares

Out

Lindfors - I think he can win games for us...I hope he's here next year

Hatcher - from what I hear on this board

Urli - injury

Notice no comments about offense...don't think CB cares

In response to a comment that the team looked better on the few occasions they ran, he said we would also have given up more points, and that very few teams play uptempo for 40 minutes (unspoken: especially at our level).

Also made a comment something like "we don't need shooters, we need shot MAKERS". Said Devlin especially was good from outside.

Russell Moore scored 12.8 as a freshman and 7 in his 2nd year of JC, on a team that sent at least 8 players to Division I schools (how did they lose seven games?) but even he's needing time to adjust to the speed and intensity of D-I hoops.

Archived