UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

American U

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

click do you know why the gt game is not televised? i remember u put in the schedule that it was suppose to be televised. not that i want to see that massacre, but just wondering.

Just confirmed on Georiga Tech site. No TV listed. Also checked TV listings for Wednesday. Vermont at UConn on SNY and UMBC at Loyola on MASN

click do you know why the gt game is not televised? i remember u put in the schedule that it was suppose to be televised. not that i want to see that massacre, but just wondering.

Just confirmed on Georiga Tech site. No TV listed. Also checked TV listings for Wednesday. Vermont at UConn on SNY and UMBC at Loyola on MASN

they might be worse than us i dont think they have any live video either

My apologies to Doc for questioning his statement that we were underdogs in this game.

Otherwise I don't even know what to say. I'm thinking about using the 24 hour no post rule. About the only positive thing I can say is that I thought Tim Ambrose played his heart out. Moore at least grabbed some rebounds tonight but I'm still hoping to see why he's playing over Tartt.

My impressions:

1) We don't have anyone willing to feed the post and if they do feed it, it's usually a turn over.

2) Iati should NOT be shooting...heck, he might should not even be on the floor. He was TERRIBLE today and was beat like a drum.

3) Tart needs to get some minutes at PG while Black is out. AND, I think he should be the backup PG. Iati did a good job with the energy/defensive pressure in the first game, but he was flat out crappy tonight.

4) UAlbany REALLY needs to get an inside game going so it frees up the outside shooters. Metcalf had some decent moves tonight...maybe give him and Puk 5 shots a game?

Only positive I saw was that UA didn't quit and kept fighting till the end. And, unlike last weeks game where I was upset no one was backing me up on the chants, some of the fans tonight were actually trying to get UA back into until we all just lost hope.

Forget about the 24 hour moratorium for posting after a tough loss.

Let the apologists and sychophants attempt to silence you. There is nothing left to defend.

The best shooters and the best players are always the individuals that aren't on the court. Maybe there is a reason for that.

There is not one thing this team does well, and the argument that it is too soon to make judgments is hollow and unrealistic.

The downward spiral gained irreversible momentum last year and only changes at the top will save it now.

Lambast me. Argue against my opinions. Ridicule my basketball I.Q. I'll question your motive and I'll question your agenda, and I will hold to my belief that I am not the only poster to see a program in need of change.

The attendance will half-life itself to nothing and the gains of success will be spoiled, and you'll wish you spoke up sooner.

Fire away...

My apologies to Doc for questioning his statement that we were underdogs in this game.

Otherwise I don't even know what to say. I'm thinking about using the 24 hour no post rule. About the only positive thing I can say is that I thought Tim Ambrose played his heart out. Moore at least grabbed some rebounds tonight but I'm still hoping to see why he's playing over Tartt.

I've been considering the 24 hour no posting rule but screw it...

I came away on Friday feeling good about the direction of the team, even if we did lose without Black. What I saw today was a complete reversal. A disaster all around.

1 - PG situation is a mess. After Black we have no PG. I don't want to hear how Watts is a PG, he's NOT! I don't want to hear that Iati is a PG, he's not unless you break out the ruler. We lose one kid and the team goes to complete hell. Neither one can run an offense, neither one can break the D down, they don't have the necessary court awareness. Black can't get back soon enough and when he does run him out there for 40 minutes.

2 - It took almost EIIIGGHHHTTTT MINUTES to get to 4 points. This is unconscionable, we sat all of last year through similar droughts. I'd laugh if I wasn't close to crying. Dribble for 20 second 30 feet away from the basket, passing it to another kid on the perimeter who then passes it to another kid with each kid holding the ball for 2 or 3 seconds IS NOT AN OFFENSE! With Black out, people just stand around, no one cuts, there are no screens, no back door cuts...NOTHING! It's dribble...dribble...dribble and heave a contested jumper. The post is NEVER FED, there are no kick-outs. Riddle me this...why is Puk, Metcalf, Devlin handling the ball out by the three point line, oh that's right because that's the only way they can get to touch the ball. American shot 30% from three...we shot 32% FROM THE FIELD. Several of us sat there through this debacle wondering if we'd get to 40 pts, we barely did. Where is the pride???? How many games are we gonna sit through like this.

3 - Like I said in #1, the Iati experiment is over. Tartt comes in, hits a shot and sits the rest of the game. Way to boost his confidence. Tim was the only one today who played his heart out, even though he struggled with the shooting and was hounded all game, he at least took the ball inside. He shot four FT's, Devlin shot two for a total of SIX. Yes, that's right campers, we shot 6 FT's all game. Not sure what I expected seeing how the guards on this team are allergic to taking the ball inside. You know what other experiment is over??? The Puk experiment. I know he's got a bum wheel right now but it's time for him to backup Metcalf two scored six and pulled down 6rb. Based on what I've seen in the first two games.

Starters - Metcalf, Devlin, Aronhalt, Ambrose, Black

Bench - Moore, Tartt, Puk, Lindfors

Speaking of Jake, how many mid-range jumpers is he gonna hesitate on? You either shoot it when you are open or get your ass on the bench. There were 4 or 5 instances today where the second that he was indecisive cost him an open opportunity.

Regarding Logan, I'm tired of the shots not falling. As a matter of fact I'm tired of being told that this or that guy is a shooter, then I go to the game and sit there puzzled watching brick after brick. We saw the same thing with Allen, we heard he's a sniper...I gotta be honest, I never got that one. I know what I see, shooting 38% from the field is fugly and does not make a shooter.

I don't know about the rest of you but today was a giant step back, the defensive intensity wasn't there, the offense was well ummm...OFFENSIVE. I'm not sitting through another 7 win campaign and pretending like everything is hunky-dorry or being sold a bill of goods that this recruit is the real deal or can really shoot. Time for excuses is over! I hope what we witnessed today is an abnormality and when Black gets back we look like the team in the first 15 minutes of the Cornell game. What happened today 2 points in the first 8 minutes is flat out UNACCEPTABLE!

I know some won't like the rant and I know that one game is not a trend but this can't happen again. We didn't exactly go into Duke and struggled to put up 40, we played American.

Forget about the 24 hour moratorium for posting after a tough loss.

Let the apologists and sychophants attempt to silence you. There is nothing left to defend.

The best shooters and the best players are always the individuals that aren't on the court. Maybe there is a reason for that.

There is not one thing this team does well, and the argument that it is too soon to make judgments is hollow and unrealistic.

The downward spiral gained irreversible momentum last year and only changes at the top will save it now.

Lambast me. Argue against my opinions. Ridicule my basketball I.Q. I'll question your motive and I'll question your agenda, and I will hold to my belief that I am not the only poster to see a program in need of change.

The attendance will half-life itself to nothing and the gains of success will be spoiled, and you'll wish you spoke up sooner.

Fire away...

I hear you completely. I let out my frustrations after the cornell game... It would be a waste to repeat myself.

It would be a shame, but we could very well end up winless until the yale game.

I won't address this game specifically because we all know what happened and what's been said just about covers it. After the ridicule I got last year and after cornell, I think I deserve at least a small "I told you so" (again with the disclaimer that I realize it's only 0-2 right now and I hope I'm ultimately wrong). I'm sick of being fed hype about our next great "shooter" who goes on to shoot thirty-something percent in college and ultimately finds the bench by their junior year. I'm sick of being told about CB's system, it must look awesome at practice! Let's face it, this season and last the team is poor. Then the purple and gold game gave us all a glimmer of optimism because well who doesn't look good against our defense? Reality set in last year. The season ended and we were 7-25. Does anyone realize how detrimental a repeat of something even close to that would be? It's a snowball effect: You think the crowds are bad now? One more bad year would mean that 90% of the students have only seen the worst years of Ualbany ball. Real incentive to come to the games. You're then recruiting kids who have absolutely no memory of Ualbany ever being relevant. And that out of conference schedule just gets weaker and weaker, which of course further hurts recruiting and our program as a whole. I understand the construct of the league, I understand the cyclical nature, but what we're seeing is a program that's really done nothing but deteriorate. The lone bright spot of program, the only guy playing basketball that any of us wouldn't be embarrassed to watch, Tim Ambrose, for some reason is (or maybe hypocritically WAS) hated by the majority of this forum. I never understood why, but that's an entirely separate issue. From time to time people speak their disapproval of CB only to be personally attacked by a group of members. Like Click and Haggy said, I'm sure some will think I'm "wrong" for wanting better that we've been subjected to. Every game last year was a step in the wrong direction and we're running backwards again so far this year. This 0-2 feels like 0-10 we look so pathetic and helpless. I'm not sure how much more I can take of the offense that looks more like a passing drill, or defense that's worse than a YMCA pick-up game. And then you look at our bench and you see a dumbfounded CB stomping the floor with his right foot or his arms crossed and blank stare on his face. You look at the 1000 people in the stands (about 700 by the time there's 10:00 left) half of which are lifeless in disbelief that they are watching D1 basketball that is THAT bad, the other half booing or screaming at our own team. Something's got to be done and by the sounds of things around here and at the games, there's an increasing number of people who feel the same way...

Archived