UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

American U

There was optimism with the Cornell game, but how much was there really. What did Black play 13 min or so? Yes he had 10 pts but he had 0 assists and 4 turnovers. Would we have won if he was in the whole game? Probably, but don't forget Cornell was down their starting point guard who was the one player who had significant minutes on the sweet 16 team last year. So put Black up against some better players before we declare him the best player in the league. Can someone pleeeease tell me why ambrose was not in the starting lineup last night and I do not want to hear its because he's a spark off the bench. Going down double digits before he even comes in isn't going to spark anything.

Why don't we wait till the midway point before we call mike black the best player on the floor.

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Let me riddle you this; do you think they win the game with Black? Me...I am not sure. That said, if they lost the game by 4-5 pts (likely with Black)would you be apopylitic upset? Personally, I still wouldn't be upset because American is picked to win a league we wouldnt finish in the top 2 in.

Call me midway in the season....and maybe it's the lawyer in me, but I don't evaluate the whole on a first glance. That...is for fanatics.

Take a breath people...take a breath.

Here's the thing 26 of the last 30 games have been loses. I submit that the 15 minutes Black played in is the outlier. Otherwise nothing has changed, I haven't given up on this team and I'd like to see more with Black in there. I'm just shocked that one kid goes out and this team looks so horrendous. Basically our season rests entirely on the shoulders of a sophomore. That's a heavy load to carry for an underclassmen.

God forbid he has a bad back or sprains another ankle, then what? I've been trying to breath since last year, at this point my lungs hurt from taking deep breaths.

I've been to every single UA Siena game played downtown. Someone convince me its a trip worth taking this year.

Aren't you in Gerorgia. I don't think I can. I have a free ticket and I live 20 minutes from the arena and I am not convinced I am going to that road game.

Let me riddle you this; do you think they win the game with Black? Me...I am not sure. That said, if they lost the game by 4-5 pts (likely with Black)would you be apopylitic upset? Personally, I still wouldn't be upset because American is picked to win a league we wouldnt finish in the top 2 in.

Call me midway in the season....and maybe it's the lawyer in me, but I don't evaluate the whole on a first glance. That...is for fanatics.

Take a breath people...take a breath.

Here's the thing 26 of the last 30 games have been loses. I submit that the 15 minutes Black played in is the outlier. Otherwise nothing has changed, I haven't given up on this team and I'd like to see more with Black in there. I'm just shocked that one kid goes out and this team looks so horrendous. Basically our season rests entirely on the shoulders of a sophomore. That's a heavy load to carry for an underclassmen.

God forbid he has a bad back or sprains another ankle, then what? I've been trying to breath since last year, at this point my lungs hurt from taking deep breaths.

It takes more than 15 minutes to get a read on a team. I would like to see a few games with Black to see how they look.

It was a bad gameyesterday, but not ready to throw in the towel on the whole season

Here's an idea let's use our former captain and senior leading double digit scorer from last year off the bench!

I personally do not care how many defensive lapses he has throughout the game. Defense does not put that orange ball into the hole.

Tart,ambrose,aronhalt,devlin,metcalf should be the starting lineup while black in on the shelf.

I'm hesitant about Tartt, he seems reluctant to shoot, not sure why but I'd like to see a bit more of him. This much is clear, Iati and Watts are not the answer.

So am I but I was hesitant to put ambrose at the point because I'd get blasted for it.

But ambrose, aronhalt, moore, devlin, and metcalf.

Puk needs to sit if he's hurt and I don't understand coaches obsession with putting in watts and iati at the point.

I'm hesitant about Tartt, he seems reluctant to shoot, not sure why but I'd like to see a bit more of him. This much is clear, Iati and Watts are not the answer.

So am I but I was hesitant to put ambrose at the point because I'd get blasted for it.

But ambrose, aronhalt, moore, devlin, and metcalf.

Puk needs to sit if he's hurt and I don't understand coaches obsession with putting in watts and iati at the point.

I agree with you about Ambrose, we are gonna have to live with his to's and bad decisions because he's the only one that can create his offense on this team with the exception of Black.

I might be mistaken but there were times last night where Tim was playing PG. He got some good looks for Aronhalt and Watts by driving to the hoop and dishing. We missed most of the threes. If Tim starts or not he's going to get 30 minutes or so a game.

I'm not going to complain about the freshman. They're getting thrown into the fire, over a third of our minutes were the freshman. I don't know if Watts is a PG but at least he was a little more aggresive last night.

Click...can't reply with quotes embedded from work (no clue why). here is my comment to your answer to my talking about Mike's absence being a huge difference:

Agree with a lot of what you are saying...but remember, when Jamar went down his soph year...we were bad as well. When he came back...look what happens. At this level (mid-low major)...one guy can make a team.

UA '08...my personal opinion is that Mike is by far the best player on the form. I base that on experience and what I have seen so far from him. He is the general...bar none.

Click...can't reply with quotes embedded from work (no clue why). here is my comment to your answer to my talking about Mike's absence being a huge difference:

Agree with a lot of what you are saying...but remember, when Jamar went down his soph year...we were bad as well. When he came back...look what happens. At this level (mid-low major)...one guy can make a team.

UA '08...my personal opinion is that Mike is by far the best player on the form. I base that on experience and what I have seen so far from him. He is the general...bar none.

Good enough, Black being out is the only thing that gives me any kind of hope moving forward. It's also an incredible amount of pressure to have to deal with being a sophomore. Hopefully he's up to the task.

I might be mistaken but there were times last night where Tim was playing PG. He got some good looks for Aronhalt and Watts by driving to the hoop and dishing. We missed most of the threes. If Tim starts or not he's going to get 30 minutes or so a game.

I'm not going to complain about the freshman. They're getting thrown into the fire, over a third of our minutes were the freshman. I don't know if Watts is a PG but at least he was a little more aggresive last night.

Yes I understand Tim will get 30 min a game, but why not start with your best lineup on the floor. Why wait to put him in when your down almost double digits.

DP you are right, Tim did play the point some last night and I think he is our best option after Black. Tim also had to back-up at the point last year when Black took over as starter and Johnson "quit" or whatever. I agree he did get some looks for others, as he did last year in a back-up role. Until, Black comes back, he is our best option at point even if we have to life with some of his lapses.

Also, those of us who want to "anoint" Black superstar are only doing so, because we've seen this team without him.

Archived