UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

American U

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nah...it's because I know what to look for in a PG...and Mike has the talent to be a 3 year all conference player.

I heard one of our "shooters" could have gone higher because he is really talented.

He knows what to look for. He should be on our coaching staff! Maybe that's what were missing!

Oh by the way 96 you never told me how you were able to watch the game on your iphone/ipod. I just want to know so if I'm on the road somewhere I can just pull up dane zone on my iphone.

Hey, why dont I try to be cool and rip into someone and then ask him for advice on how to do something. Ya got skills kid, ya got skills.

And to answer your question:

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=flash+on+an+ipod

Now, was that so hard?!?!?!

:lol: you are good. i complemented you and said you are the missing piece of the coaching staff.

did you watch it on danezone or on channelsurfing.net because i use skyfire, the most popular web browser with flash and it did not work.

Nah...it's because I know what to look for in a PG...and Mike has the talent to be a 3 year all conference player.

And the team had the "talent" to be a bit better than 7-25 last year, and the team has the "talent" to beat both cornell and American...but you need the coaching, player intangibles, and maybe even a little bit of good fortune to bridge the gap between talent and success. My problem with CB isn't always the talent he recruits, it's what he does with it...nothing.

And the team had the "talent" to be a bit better than 7-25 last year, and the team has the "talent" to beat both cornell and American...but you need the coaching, player intangibles, and maybe even a little bit of good fortune to bridge the gap between talent and success. My problem with CB isn't always the talent he recruits, it's what he does with it...nothing.

u better watch yoself yo ;)

Hey, why dont I try to be cool and rip into someone and then ask him for advice on how to do something. Ya got skills kid, ya got skills.

:lol: you are good. i complemented you and said you are the missing piece of the coaching staff.

did you watch it on danezone or on channelsurfing.net because i use skyfire, the most popular web browser with flash and it did not work.

Watched it on channelsurfing...via my google browser. In truth, I have no clue how it's done; my buddy is a tech guru and before he left for Argentina he did a whole bunch of stuff on my computer and my toys (ITouch etc). I told him I wanted channelsurfing...

Watched it on channelsurfing...via my google browser. In truth, I have no clue how it's done; my buddy is a tech guru and before he left for Argentina he did a whole bunch of stuff on my computer and my toys (ITouch etc). I told him I wanted channelsurfing...

thank u

I might be mistaken but there were times last night where Tim was playing PG. He got some good looks for Aronhalt and Watts by driving to the hoop and dishing. We missed most of the threes. If Tim starts or not he's going to get 30 minutes or so a game.

I'm not going to complain about the freshman. They're getting thrown into the fire, over a third of our minutes were the freshman. I don't know if Watts is a PG but at least he was a little more aggresive last night.

Yes I understand Tim will get 30 min a game, but why not start with your best lineup on the floor. Why wait to put him in when your down almost double digits.

Agree 100%. far and away the most talent on our squad, should be on the floor most of the game. Is it me, or does anyone else think Aronhalt takes too many shots for a guy with his FG % ?

I might be mistaken but there were times last night where Tim was playing PG. He got some good looks for Aronhalt and Watts by driving to the hoop and dishing. We missed most of the threes. If Tim starts or not he's going to get 30 minutes or so a game.

I'm not going to complain about the freshman. They're getting thrown into the fire, over a third of our minutes were the freshman. I don't know if Watts is a PG but at least he was a little more aggresive last night.

Yes I understand Tim will get 30 min a game, but why not start with your best lineup on the floor. Why wait to put him in when your down almost double digits.

Agree 100%. far and away the most talent on our squad, should be on the floor most of the game. Is it me, or does anyone else think Aronhalt takes too many shots for a guy with his FG % ?

Tim stopped starting mid-way through last season, if memory serves. Coach Brown would take him out as soon as he made a mistake, which likely made Ambrose even more jittery. Coach Brown's attitude seemed to be, "If you aren't going to deliver for me consistently, I'm going to put you on the bench." Definitely demeaning for the captain. It's unclear whether his absence from the starting line-up is a carry over from last season, a result of a groin injury earlier this school year, or some other reason (or a combination). Brown seems to have calmed down a bit concerning Ambrose, though; he hasn't pulled Tim out for little mistakes in the past two games, at least not as far as I noticed. It will be interesting to see whether this leeway will impact Ambrose's decision making, which is inconsistent, to put it nicely. (If the last shot in the Cornell game is any indication, it isn't doing much.)

As for Aronhalt, I think he takes shots for a few reasons: 1) He's one of a few that isn't afraid to, especially from the outside (Watts, Moore, and Iati are more hesitant). 2) He was/is constantly being touted as a brilliant shooter, so he likely believes it. I don't think it's the same situation as Scotty McRae circa last season, who threw up any shot he had and bombed most of them.

I remember watching Logan's debut game last year and remarking on his nice shooting touch. Now, his shot seems awkward - perhaps a consequence of his foot problems? Either way, it's too inconsistent. Just watch his shot and then compare to someone like Ambrose - it's weird! Did anyone else notice this as well?

Bottom line: Aronhalt needs to figure out which shots he can make consistently and take those - and only those!

Something in Andrew Santillo's blog just reminded me of a question I had about the American game:

Why did the refs keep calling fouls on UAlbany while the Danes were on offense? I seem to remember at least four or five but I couldn't see what happened from my seat. Illegal screens, maybe? It was always called by the same referee, too! Does anyone know/remember?

Something in Andrew Santillo's blog just reminded me of a question I had about the American game:

Why did the refs keep calling fouls on UAlbany while the Danes were on offense? I seem to remember at least four or five but I couldn't see what happened from my seat. Illegal screens, maybe? It was always called by the same referee, too! Does anyone know/remember?

First of all...welcome to the board. Always great to have a new poster on board. This place is intense in our passion for our Danes, you seem like you'll fit right in.

The refs kept calling elbowing, a few were on Puk the others were on Devlin. It was stupid, I didn't see a single one.

First of all...welcome to the board. Always great to have a new poster on board. This place is intense in our passion for our Danes, you seem like you'll fit right in.

The refs kept calling elbowing, a few were on Puk the others were on Devlin. It was stupid, I didn't see a single one.

Thanks, clickclack! That makes sense now. And I'm so happy I found this place...none of my friends at UA know (or care about) basketball so I'm glad to find like-minded fans!

Just an observation....Last year it seemed people were upset that we had some many guys in and out and there was no real set rotation; players couldn't get in their grooves. This year we're told there will be a 9 player rotation and that it should help get the young players situated in their roles (rather than using all 14 people on the roster). The Danes have played 2 games, lost both and we are out our main PG. The sentiments of the forum seem to be that Brown should drop the idea of a set rotation and just do what he did last year and throw anyone in that could get the team going. I'll ask.. if he does that, will it result in the same thing that happened last year (losses)? Will those who are urging him to now put anyone in to jump start the team be annoyed later if he does that and the team still loses? Or should he try something different than last year since that didn't work out to well? I don't know the best thing, but I almost rather him try keeping a set rotation this season since throwing anyone and everyone in last year didn't seem to work. But I just coach from my chairback not the bench so my thoughts are null anyways haha.

Just an observation....Last year it seemed people were upset that we had some many guys in and out and there was no real set rotation; players couldn't get in their grooves. This year we're told there will be a 9 player rotation and that it should help get the young players situated in their roles (rather than using all 14 people on the roster). The Danes have played 2 games, lost both and we are out our main PG. The sentiments of the forum seem to be that Brown should drop the idea of a set rotation and just do what he did last year and throw anyone in that could get the team going. I'll ask.. if he does that, will it result in the same thing that happened last year (losses)? Will those who are urging him to now put anyone in to jump start the team be annoyed later if he does that and the team still loses? Or should he try something different than last year since that didn't work out to well? I don't know the best thing, but I almost rather him try keeping a set rotation this season since throwing anyone and everyone in last year didn't seem to work. But I just coach from my chairback not the bench so my thoughts are null anyways haha.

Just because he decided on a 9 man rotation doesn't mean it can't change or if logic dictates that one kid shouldn't play, why not try someone else. I'm not talking about wholesale changes.

For instance, I'd leave Watts in the rotation but remove Iati and give Tartt a few games. Iati is a defensive liability due to size and he isn't really a PG. Otherwise I'd keep the rotation as is. I'm actually pleasantly surprised that Brown is sticking for the most part with a solid rotation.

Archived