UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

@ GT

I think people are being to harsh on Billy, it's not like he got beat off the dribble or just stood there as a kid man an uncontested shot. If memory serves Billy played good D, forced him to go to his right and fade away from about 16 feet with a hand in his face. The kid just made a great shot...not sure what else Billy could have done there other then block that shot.

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think Billy plays good D. I have no issues with his game (other than he tends to go on cold streaks). He's smart, plays within his ability, and is always on his man. HE NEEDS TO BE PLAYING.

Tartt on the other hand, is still young, BUT he doesn't turn the ball over. Give him the PG duties and then backup PG when Black comes back.

Brown, are you reading this!?

I think Billy plays good D. I have no issues with his game (other than he tends to go on cold streaks). He's smart, plays within his ability, and is always on his man. HE NEEDS TO BE PLAYING.

Tartt on the other hand, is still young, BUT he doesn't turn the ball over. Give him the PG duties and then backup PG when Black comes back.

Brown, are you reading this!?

Billy is slow and can't shoot. On a team already offensively challenged, he would not help. When it comes down to it, this team suffers from not enough shot makers, we don't need to insert another into the lineup.

Maybe we're talking about different Billy's because I think he guards his man pretty dang well and if he was slow, that would not be the case. To each his own though. I don't care what they do, as long as they win games or at least make for good basektball/show progress.

My opinions for what they are worth:

Watts needs to go to seat 14 and stay there.

Iati can help at the 2 guard, but is not a point man. His shot will come and when he is on use him to back-up the 2.

Give Tartt a chance, maybe he is over his jitters--he did make the only shot he took against American. (I still think Ambrose is our best option to back-up Black, but I am willing to see again what Tartt can do there).

Sit Puk until he his healthy.

I have always been an Allen supporter, he is always active and moves well without the ball on offense, REBOUNDS the hell out of the ball, and is always in someones face defensively (I know I'll get in trouble for this, but when he gets beat defensively or his man makes a shot, it is often because he is trying to help out someone else who is out of position). And one of these days his shot is going to return and sitting on the end of the bench, no one is going to know it.

Like the rest of you I am a chairback quarterback, so take these for what they are worth---nothing but something to blog about.

By the way the offensive fowls the other night as I saw them were our guys simply trying to shake out of holds. Now I did not see most of them because they were away from the ball, but I definely saw Puk just trying to shake his arm free from a defender who had him hooked and unbeleivably he was called for the foul?

I hear what people are saying about Allen but I've lost all faith in him on the offensive end. More then anything else, this team needs someone who can make a shot, Allen can't. I'm sure the back injury had something to do with it but and I'm sorry that he went through what he did and that it derailed his career like it did. Still, 37% from the field and 31% from three is not what this team needs.

He just doesn't offer much, he's decent in the team concept of defense is smart enough to know when to switch etc. but his play leaves a lot to be desired. Someone said he rebounds the hell out of the ball, ummmm...no he doesn't. In 13 minutes on average last season he pulled down 1.5rb. His high last season was 5rb in 27 minutes. He's gone multiple games with ZERO rebounds last season.

The role he was brought in here to fill was to be a shooter, he can't shot, or at least hasn't shown himself to be a shooter. I'm not trying to rip the kid down but that is the reality.

Oh snap I forgot Allen was asked to guard el-ahmin lol.

Allen let El-Amin score the game winner so maybe that's why he's sitting?! ;)

In all fairness, Allen played perfect defense (IMHO) on that play, and El-Amin just hit a fading pull-up jumper to win it. Allen couldn't have done anything more on that play ... and Allen didn't commit a foul or let El-Amin drive/slash on that play.

Oh snap I forgot Allen was asked to guard el-ahmin lol.

Allen let El-Amin score the game winner so maybe that's why he's sitting?! ;)

In all fairness, Allen played perfect defense (IMHO) on that play, and El-Amin just hit a fading pull-up jumper to win it. Allen couldn't have done anything more on that play ... IMHO.

I completely agree! There is stuff to get on Billy for (namely the crappy shooting) but he played solid D on that fadeaway jumper.

Archived