UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

The beautiful part about dreaming this time is:

- they are actually saying we have funding... and that we have funding for a 25k seat complex

I've got a good feeling this time.

I read that much differently. Saying that they will build out..in the future..to 25000..when funding is available.

My take also. Get the first phase built, win some games, and that place will sell out in no time. Then apply the pressure.

An if it's "dirt moving" you want, I can be on the soccer pitch tomorrow morning at 9AM with shovel in hand so we can start this year out right.

I read it much the same way, I seriously doubt the whole thing is funded. I think they build out in phases.

Hag, I'll join you let's just start digging out there...force them to do something although we might need pitchforks the ground is frozen.

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ever see the cartoons where one of the characters physically turns into a jackass, for doing

something stupid... I think I just tranformed.

It looks like I read it the way I wanted to read it. Your analysis is probably the correct one.

Anyhoot, I'd like to see the lower bowl completed in phase 1.

I'll grab a shovel and join you guys. Just let me know when!

- they are actually saying we have funding... and that we have funding for a 25k seat complex

I read that much differently. Saying that they will build out..in the future..to 25000..when funding is available.

My take also. Get the first phase built, win some games, and that place will sell out in no time. Then apply the pressure.

An if it's "dirt moving" you want, I can be on the soccer pitch tomorrow morning at 9AM with shovel in hand so we can start this year out right.

Maybe you better write a check instead, I can't see you moving much dirt with those office soft hands!!

Maybe you better write a check instead, I can't see you moving much dirt with those office soft hands!!

:lol:

I am torn over having a lower bowl complete...or having one side and one deck done. On one hand...a finished bowl will give some noise to a stadium (completed ends). It also almost forces them to find money to build a tower on the home side for both the deck and press/coaching boxes...etc. So..we would likely get a 12,000 seat stadium within 2-3 years of opening.

On the other hand, views from the endzone may stink compared to that of having a deck and lower home side.

Either way, I want the shovels moving...

I am torn over having a lower bowl complete...or having one side and one deck done. On one hand...a finished bowl will give some noise to a stadium (completed ends). It also almost forces them to find money to build a tower on the home side for both the deck and press/coaching boxes...etc. So..we would likely get a 12,000 seat stadium within 2-3 years of opening.

On the other hand, views from the endzone may stink compared to that of having a deck and lower home side.

Either way, I want the shovels moving...

I like a bowl for 2 reasons - 1. Create a defined student section in an end zone and 2. Looks way better on tv than one-sided stadiums.

Among the same reasons I'd prefer a lower bowl completed first.

DF, have any examples of what a 7k lower bowl stadium looks like?

(2k sidelines each, 1.5 endzones as 96 suggested)

Seeing that you're artistically gifted, how about creating one of your famous

renditions by overlaying.. and creating one?

Among the same reasons I'd prefer a lower bowl completed first.

DF, have any examples of what a 7k lower bowl stadium looks like?

(2k sidelines each, 1.5 endzones as 96 suggested)

Seeing that you're artistically gifted, how about creating one of your famous

renditions by overlaying.. and creating one?

No idea is these images or schools are something that would give an idea of what you were mentioning, but I figured it couldn't hurt just to posted what I found online....

I found these.. Capacity 8500

lubbers3.jpg

http://www.gvsu.edu/...-stadium-25.htm

hillsdale_stadium_1.jpg

http://www.d2footbal.../hillsdale/t17/

This is 6300 and looks like a bowl you could add around to...

saginaw_valley_stadium_2.jpg

http://www.d2footbal...inawvalley/t23/

It's almost impossible to find a 7000 bowl. The sides will be very small if they wrap all the way around. I imagine theyll be similar to SBU away side but just all the way around the field.

0.jpg

Yes, 7000 seats would be about 12 rows all the way around - lower than our visitors' side, and with as many around the end zone as at midfield.

Which is the exact reason I am not sure we should go the route of the bowl...it looks smallish. I personally am leaning towards two sides and an endzone deck of 3000 (they can make up the endzone seats lost by adding them to the side decks in the future...up from 5000 to 6000 per).

Then by the next phase you will have what will be a bigger version of what SBU has: endzone deck, two sides and a bigger deck with tower).

Which is the exact reason I am not sure we should go the route of the bowl...it looks smallish. I personally am leaning towards two sides and an endzone deck of 3000 (they can make up the endzone seats lost by adding them to the side decks in the future...up from 5000 to 6000 per).

Then by the next phase you will have what will be a bigger version of what SBU has: endzone deck, two sides and a bigger deck with tower).

Point taken. You could do exactly what SBU has witout the two-level endzone and get to just about 7,000 probably.

So horshoe it around with about 12 rows and add one deck to the home side. That would be great.

Archived