UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

When are they supposedly breaking ground on the first phase?

If, as in post #37, Ford is still talking with the designers, after which they'll have to create the final specs, I wouldn't expect anything this calendar year. I'll guess after the frost is out of the ground in March 2012 (or April 1 if they wait for the next fiscal year). Still plenty of time for the Sept. 2012 opening game.

Considering McElroy specifically wrote that the football stadium project would be breaking ground in April 2011, I'll be completely ticked off if it doesn't happen. It will eliminate any confidence I still hold for the man. Given his statement was this past week, and April only being 4 months away, he knows whether or not it's really a GO or not. If it doesn't happen, I will realize he was talking out of his Kazoo.

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Remember, from the RFQ, which only came out July 28:

Anticipated Timeframes:

Phase...............................Timeframe (Estimated)

Programming and Planning............3 weeks from authorization to proceed

Program Review and Verification.....3 weeks from authorization to proceed

Schematic Design Phase..............6 weeks from authorization to proceed

Design Manual Phase.................12 weeks from Schematic Design Phase

Construction Documents Phase........16 weeks from Design Manual Phase

Construction Administration as required during construction

Task Date...............(Estimated)

Design Contract Award...December 2010

Bid Documents Completed.September 2011

Construction Bidding....October 2011

Construction Award......January 2012

Occupancy...............September 2012

Remember, from the RFQ, which only came out July 28:

Anticipated Timeframes:

Phase...............................Timeframe (Estimated)

Programming and Planning............3 weeks from authorization to proceed

Program Review and Verification.....3 weeks from authorization to proceed

Schematic Design Phase..............6 weeks from authorization to proceed

Design Manual Phase.................12 weeks from Schematic Design Phase

Construction Documents Phase........16 weeks from Design Manual Phase

Construction Administration as required during construction

Task Date...............(Estimated)

Design Contract Award...December 2010

Bid Documents Completed.September 2011

Construction Bidding....October 2011

Construction Award......January 2012

Occupancy...............September 2012

I know for a fact that this time-line is off. I've been told by the people that know these things that the design/construction contract has been awarded. Same firm that is doing the design will oversee construction. I'm no expert on such things but I hear that it's a good thing.

I know for a fact that this time-line is off. I've been told by the people that know these things that the design/construction contract has been awarded. Same firm that is doing the design will oversee construction. I'm no expert on such things but I hear that it's a good thing.

Now, wouldn't that make sense. The designer and builder being one in the same!

The other specific McElroy mentioned was the '2012 opening'. Therefore, regardless of the other scheduled dates, it looks like the 2012 opener is the constant in all of this chatter.

Now, wouldn't that make sense. The designer and builder being one in the same!

The other specific McElroy mentioned was the '2012 opening'. Therefore, regardless of the other scheduled dates, it looks like the 2012 opener is the constant in all of this chatter.

I hear that although it might make sense, it's not how these things always go down. I'm not sure what the benefit is with using separate construction oversight and design firms but apparently it happens.

The guys on here have been saying it for years, that SUNY is notorious for the inefficiency

when dealing with construction projects from start to finish. SUNY using 1 outfit for the entire

project may be a first!

Let's get this thing going already! I'm getting tired of my high school buddy

constantly telling me about his season tickets here, as he's an alumni.... and I've

got university field as a counter!

lsu_tiger_stadium_daytime.jpg

As a professional in the industry, I can tell you that clickclack is 100% correct. For numerous reasons, projects are broken up among designers, managers, construction teams, etc.

A perfect example of why design-build doesn't always work would be the "BIG DIG." That project was doomed from the start because the designer was the manager...and thus would always argue with the construction crews that it was their fault (the construction crew) for delays, mishaps, reading documents wrong...etc, opposed to the design being wrong.

It is an incentive and liability issue.

From a pure speed/transition schedule, design-build remains the best course.

On my way out to lunch I saw a CT Male truck and worker(s) working in/around the SEFCU parking lot. According to their website "C.T. Male Associates, P.C., a nationally ranked engineering and architectural design firm, serves clients in the municipal, state, federal, commercial and industrial markets, offering innovative solutions to today’s design, technical and regulatory challenges." Hopefully working on the stadium or at the very least a second exit to the Q parking lot.

On my way out to lunch I saw a CT Male truck and worker(s) working in/around the SEFCU parking lot. According to their website "C.T. Male Associates, P.C., a nationally ranked engineering and architectural design firm, serves clients in the municipal, state, federal, commercial and industrial markets, offering innovative solutions to today’s design, technical and regulatory challenges." Hopefully working on the stadium or at the very least a second exit to the Q parking lot.

Truer words have never been spoken!

On my way out to lunch I saw a CT Male truck and worker(s) working in/around the SEFCU parking lot. According to their website "C.T. Male Associates, P.C., a nationally ranked engineering and architectural design firm, serves clients in the municipal, state, federal, commercial and industrial markets, offering innovative solutions to today's design, technical and regulatory challenges." Hopefully working on the stadium or at the very least a second exit to the Q parking lot.

Truer words have never been spoken!

I imagine that major parking changes will occur once the stadium goes up anyway. From the GEIS, the schools plans on creating additional parking around the stadium (which has to mean another entrance/exit to the RACC lot and also utilizing shuttle busses from the Harriman campus.

Archived