UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Weekend in Detroit

I thought they said a UA player told a BGSU player to "go back to Ohio", which would make sense because of the school's location.

Hopefully my take on it is inaccurate because that would mean we instigated.

Why did the UA player say that? What caused him to make that statement? Was there any physical contact that preceded the remarks?

I'm pretty sure brown said the assistant coach told one of our players to go back to Ohio. If one of ours said that they are pretty bad at trash talking because Detroit is not their home either. We have to go back to new york.

I thought that's what Brown said as well, because I remember thinking, "Oh, he must be referring to Logan."

• Replies 274
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I thought they said a UA player told a BGSU player to "go back to Ohio", which would make sense because of the school's location.

Hopefully my take on it is inaccurate because that would mean we instigated.

Why did the UA player say that? What caused him to make that statement? Was there any physical contact that preceded the remarks?

I'm pretty sure brown said the assistant coach told one of our players to go back to Ohio. If one of ours said that they are pretty bad at trash talking because Detroit is not their home either. We have to go back to new york.

I thought that's what Brown said as well, because I remember thinking, "Oh, he must be referring to Logan."

Hmm I guess we all heard something different. But as Haggy put it, it's not like the TU will be able to inform us of what really went down.

Also I'm surprised wyland did not know the rule changes this year because a technical is given for elbows no matter unintentional or intentional. This was implemented to stop players from swinging their elbows completely.

BG would 'go back' to OH..because they were in Detroit..but are from OH. The geography seems to make sense to me?

I think the announcers said it was an intentional foul..not a tech foul?

Not sure who said what but I'm sure Bowling Green is frustrated and this game sounded chippy. Actually when you think about Devlin getting elbowed in both eyes the night before the whole weekend sounded chippy. Maybe Detroit just does something to a person. A very minor sideshow as far as I'm concerned. I never liked Orr that much for his time at Siena anyway.

The important thing for me is we grabbed two wins from this tourney and found a way to grind out a win when we didn't play well.

Also I'm surprised wyland did not know the rule changes this year because a technical is given for elbows no matter unintentional or intentional. This was implemented to stop players from swinging their elbows completely.

BG would 'go back' to OH..because they were in Detroit..but are from OH. The geography seems to make sense to me?

I meant to say intentional. In that context if youre not from Detroit why would you be telling someone to go back home. Using that as trash talk would only work if you are home. We were away and telling someone that is just not cleverenough trash talk. I hope our guys would be more clever trash talkers than that.

Actually that's what I heard, though it's not similar to Broadus refusing to shake.

BGSU coach is of course former $iena HC Louis Orr.

Brown and Orr didn't seem to have a problem.

Edit: must have been some time before I got this post in.

Let's just blame all the confusion on Rodger.

I meant to say intentional. In that context if youre not from Detroit why would you be telling someone to go back home. Using that as trash talk would only work if you are home. We were away and telling someone that is just not cleverenough trash talk. I hope our guys would be more clever trash talkers than that.

Concerning the elbows:

Unintentional elbows above the shoulders (?) = "intentional foul" = 2 free throws and the ball, personal foul against the opposing player.

Intentional elbows or dangerous elbow play (not an honest mistake) = "flagrant foul" = 2 free throws and the ball, ejection of the opposing player.

My source tells me that one of the BG assistant yelled at one of our kids to "go back to Ohio" Brown wasn't just gonna sit there so he stepped in and told Orr to get his people under control. No big whoop!

Both Billy and Logan are from Ohio...

I'm sure they were talking to Logan whom they recruited.

Archived