UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Weekend in Detroit

Listened to it while unpacking and Brown 100% without a shadow of a doubt said that a BG assistant told one of our players to go back to Ohio, and "I wasn't going to have someone talk to my player like that", and there is no business for that in the game...so, Brown continued, that he (Brown) told the Asst. to not talk to his player like that it was out of line...and then the "Assistant went nuts", and "I went over and told Orr to control his people...period."

Brown was defending a player...likely Allen or Logan since they are our Ohio boys.

• Replies 274
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My bet is that somehow the Times Union will cover the after game antics. If in any way it can put Albany in a negative light on a otherwise positive weekend, that is the part the Times Union will grab and harp on.

At least we would creep up to 57 (the number of UA basketball blog reports from the times useless from Sept. 1 till now). BTW if you were wondering Siena had 151. I would love for "Troy Record" to be chanted at the game on Saturday :)

I think I heard Brown say that the Asst. Coach heard our player say go back to Ohio to their player/s and he (asst. coach) objected to that. I'm sure it will be the headline on any article in the TU.

Again...My source tells me that one of the BG assistant yelled at one of our kids to "go back to Ohio" Brown wasn't just gonna sit there so he stepped in and told Orr to get his people under control.

I think I heard Brown say that the Asst. Coach heard our player say go back to Ohio to their player/s and he (asst. coach) objected to that. I'm sure it will be the headline on any article in the TU.

Again...My source tells me that one of the BG assistant yelled at one of our kids to "go back to Ohio" Brown wasn't just gonna sit there so he stepped in and told Orr to get his people under control.

We get it, you have a source on the team (who doesn't), but I think we all are waiting for it to be quoted and in print. Re: the he said/she said stuff mentioned earlier in the thread.

We get it, you have a source on the team (who doesn't), but I think we all are waiting for it to be quoted and in print. Re: the he said/she said stuff mentioned earlier in the thread.

Nice to hear that you "get it" not nice that you missed the point. Sometimes, the public version is far from the truth but you keep waiting.

Nice to hear that you "get it" not nice that you missed the point. Sometimes, the public version is far from the truth but you keep waiting.

Thanks for informing us on the board of the behind the scenes ways of UA sports. We're all so oblivious (sarcasm). Just because people don't post inside information on the board doesn't mean we don't get how it works. We just respect those who inform us enough not to discuss the info BPF. Anyways, all I was getting at how about we see what gets published then we can argue if that's not what we heard on 980, etc. And it really probably doesn't matter since I'm sure we'll all be talking about the LCC game coming up.

Thanks for informing us on the board of the behind the scenes ways of UA sports. We're all so oblivious (sarcasm). Just because people don't post inside information on the board doesn't mean we don't get how it works. We just respect those who inform us enough not to discuss the info BPF. Anyways, all I was getting at how about we see what gets published then we can argue if that's not what we heard on 980, etc. And it really probably doesn't matter since I'm sure we'll all be talking about the LCC game coming up.

No one said you were oblivious, I'm not even sure why your panties are in a bunch I wasn't replying to your post. There was an ongoing discussion here regarding what transpired and what was heard, I filled in the gap with what I heard.

You are emotional over nothing...besides, everyone here knows you are the real insider. When I post something that I consider inside information, I always make sure it's OK to post so I don't appreciate you insinuating that I am somehow betraying the trust of folks close to the program.

This conversation was a pleasant one until you decided to derail it with your misplaced emotions.

No one said you were oblivious, I'm not even sure why your panties are in a bunch I wasn't replying to your post. There was an ongoing discussion here regarding what transpired and what was heard, I filled in the gap with what I heard.

You are emotional over nothing...besides, everyone here knows you are the real insider. When I post something that I consider inside information, I always make sure it's OK to post so I don't appreciate you insinuating that I am somehow betraying the trust of folks close to the program.

This conversation was a pleasant one until you decided to derail it with your misplaced emotions.

Not sure why you think I'm being emotional? I've never seen you call anyone else that who disagrees with you. I hope you're not being off base and saying that because I'm a female. People disagree all the time, its life on the board. And on that note..... how is Saturday looking for us...

Not sure why you think I'm being emotional? I've never seen you call anyone else that who disagrees with you. I hope you're not being off base and saying that because I'm a female. People disagree all the time, its life on the board. And on that note..... how is Saturday looking for us...

I took umbrage to you putting words in my mouth as if I said you were oblivious. I know others here have people they hear things from. Furthermore, you seemed to intimate that I'm somehow betraying the trust of those who have entrust me with a sliver of info...like I said above, nothing could be further from the truth.

When I reposted my original take regarding what I heard and put it in bold, it wasn't to shove my "sources" at people just reiterating the point. You responded with...we get it...blah blah blah. Whatever, water under the bridge, no hard feelings.

Regarding Saturday, this is gonna be a tough game. If you asked me prior to this weekend I'd say we lose by 20. I'm encouraged by the results this weekend but I think we still lose. Siena isn't the same team they were last season and are still searching for answers so maybe we can steal one.

Regarding Saturday, this is gonna be a tough game. If you asked me prior to this weekend I'd say we lose by 20. I'm encouraged by the results this weekend but I think we still lose. Siena isn't the same team they were last season and are still searching for answers so maybe we can steal one.

I hope we practice our free throws this week. It would be a terrible pill to swallow if they keep the game close with Siena and then lose because of our dismal FT shooting.

I hope we practice our free throws this week. It would be a terrible pill to swallow if they keep the game close with Siena and then lose because of our dismal FT shooting.

Also beating the press...

Also beating the press...

And friggin boxing out!

Archived