UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

@ Siena

I think its worth killing the game just so I dont have to hear UA fans whine for a week every year. Lets review:

UA gets their biggest home payday of the year, gets to play in the best atmosphere they will see all year in Albany, gets more press than any regular season game. UA gets more exposure for this game than any other regular season game they play. The game is televised all over New York State thanks to Sienas Time Warner contract- yet you still see 9 pages of UA fans bitch moan and complaining of the game- just no satisfying some fan bases

Anyway Im outta here guys ..Ill stop by after the game win lose or draw -cause thats how I roll ;)

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Do you not realize your arrogance or just not care??? It's actually funny that try to justify UA's small ticket allocation with the "well you guys draw 2500 on average anyways" crap.

What part of this don’t you understand... I don’t care how many tickets UA's gets... if you want to call giving UA the same amount of tickets as they average in fans a ‘small allotment “ what are you saying about UA’s average attendance? If the powers that be at UA don’t like the deal- they can easily not renew it .. What part is hard to understand here? ...Siena doesn’t owe UA anything.

Personally I don’t care one way or another- the game is a no win situation for Siena and to be quite frank Siena wins every year anyway- UA's portion of the crowd has been steadily declining so its no big deal to me if the contract doesn’t get renewed, I'm a firm believer that UA gets more out of this game than Siena does. If you want to say telling you the truth is arrogant so be it.. But it doesn’t change the facts

Telling the truth about facts. How stupid are you or are you just arrogantly assuming sienna deserves an all home series and can replace the Albany all home series with another.

If we give you that you make the same amount of money on home game 1 in the UA series vs. home game 1 of the Vermont series, refresh my money with the FACTS of how much you make in year 2 of the Vermont series vs. year 2 of an Albany series.

We also give you that in year 3 of the Vermont series you can make the same as year 3 of an Albany series. I'll ask about year 4.

You also claim that Albany is bringing fewer and fewer people to this game. Yet UA has sold out its allotment. I ask could it be fewer and fewer of us our willing to pay our hard earned money to subsidize LCC's crap athletic department.

Now I know why Siena insists on having a home game every year... Their fans are so ignorant and entitled that they believe they have the right to assault security guards rush the court, regardless of safety issues. So they should probably stop whining about having to pay for security since they are the reason EXTRA security is necessary!

http://www.cbs6albany.com/articles/siena-1271786-maac-wrong.html

Now I know why Siena insists on having a home game every year... Their fans are so ignorant and entitled that they believe they have the right to assault security guards rush the court, regardless of safety issues. So they should probably stop whining about having to pay for security since they are the reason EXTRA security is necessary!

Alright now that reason is just ridiculous. That's a right of passage and that whole not rushing the court thing was stupid. Just because a few students did stupid things doesn't mean they are all dumb. If UAlbany ever won the America East and there was a note to not rush the floor, I would still rush the floor. The years before that were completely fine, I don't remember any injuries besides the few dumbasses that did stupid things.

I hope your post was a bit sarcastic.

Siena needs to not lose Aronholt on the perimeter. Ambrose is a grenade missing its pin. Mike Black can't soil himself like he did last year.

Waaaaaaah.

soup, I gotta be honest, you are posting like a moron, he was a freshmen that had zero experience last year having played almost sparingly leading up to that game.

Comeon man, you are usually better then this.

Alright now that reason is just ridiculous. That's a right of passage and that whole not rushing the court thing was stupid. Just because a few students did stupid things doesn't mean they are all dumb. If UAlbany ever won the America East and there was a note to not rush the floor, I would still rush the floor. The years before that were completely fine, I don't remember any injuries besides the few dumbasses that did stupid things.

I hope your post was a bit sarcastic.

My post was in response to SienaTony complaining that Siena's net profit from the game is decreased because, as the home team, they have to pay for security and clean-up. I think it's disingenuous to whine about security costs when YOUR fans are the reason that extra security is needed.

I'm not expressing an opinion as to whether court-rushing is a good or bad thing. But given Siena fans' blatant disregard for safety directives, they really can't complain when extra security is an added cost. Besides, it wasn't a stupid, heat-of-the-moment reaction. It was pre-planned disobedience: http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=405263259128&ref=nf

Siena needs to not lose Aronholt on the perimeter. Ambrose is a grenade missing its pin. Mike Black can't soil himself like he did last year.

Waaaaaaah.

soup, I gotta be honest, you are posting like a moron, he was a freshmen that had zero experience last year having played almost sparingly leading up to that game.

Comeon man, you are usually better then this.

Dane Pound deleted my photo - hence the waaaah. It rivaled the Great Dane twigging the St. Bernard a couple of years ago - not sure why it would be taken down.

Archived