UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

@ Siena

Your first response was fine. There is no such thing as a good $iena poster nor is there such thing as "best and most realistic" Siena poster

Oki doki! Yes, they are rare but quack is one of them. Most of the fanbase is a giant collection of a-holes!

apparently the UA fanbase has their share as well. :)

Another fine example of the stupidity that comes from that fanbase

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Your first response was fine. There is no such thing as a good $iena poster nor is there such thing as "best and most realistic" Siena poster

good to see bob87 is in midseason form.

Obviously your way of saying I call a spade a spade. I can't remember every being out of form. :rolleyes:

Should be competitive game and not what transpired last year.

Interesting that on their board one of the assumptions is that they will own the paint. Rossitier is certaintly having a monster year and is going to get his points but we've rebounded better than I thought and statistically anyway are the better rebounding team. We'll find out.

This Siena team seems similar to Detroit in some respects. Dominant post player (Holman - Rossitier) highly touted but freshman PG (McCallum-Brookins)

Looking forward to Saturday.

Obviously your way of saying I call a spade a spade. I can't remember every being out of form. :rolleyes:

No no, I seem to remember agreeing with you about something, once. You had to be off your game that day.

Should be competitive game and not what transpired last year.

Interesting that on their board one of the assumptions is that they will own the paint. Rossitier is certaintly having a monster year and is going to get his points but we've rebounded better than I thought and statistically anyway are the better rebounding team. We'll find out.

This Siena team seems similar to Detroit in some respects. Dominant post player (Holman - Rossitier) highly touted but freshman PG (McCallum-Brookins)

Looking forward to Saturday.

Not sure that Detroit has a 2 that can score like Jackson can. Question is which Jackson shows up? As I wrote on the Siena board, I expect a close game.

Not sure that Detroit has a 2 that can score like Jackson can. Question is which Jackson shows up? As I wrote on the Siena board, I expect a close game.

Tough to say, they have five guys averaging double figures and Chase Simon is pretty flippin good. I'd take him anyway. I was more concerned with them eating our lunch on the boards and I thought we played pretty well.

Pretty much our university agreed to a ludicrous deal, that is really just putting upsurd amounts of $ into the pockets of Siena. The agreement gives Siena the typical home team privileges each year. This means that Siena is always the home team and we get a ridiculously small ticket allocation. As a result we make nothing, and siena rakes in the dough. As soon as our embarrassingly small allotment of tickets is gone, we as UAlbany fans are forced into buying less desirable seats that are usually mixed in the Siena sections. You'll know exactly what I mean when you see the crowd, its not that Siena has a bigger fanbase its they have much easier access the game that is being played in OUR CITY.

It's understandable that it's unrealistic to make this an alternating home and away series since we lack the facilities to house the 12k+ the game draws each year. What should be done is make the series alternating home/away at the TU or treat it more like a college football bowl game and essentially divide the tickets into thirds...1/3 for UA, 1/3 for Siena, 1/3 neutral/GA. Buuuut this is whole seperate issue because then the idiotic agreement between siena and the TUC would then have to be tweaked.

My opinion is that we have nobody to blame but ourselves. I feel like Siena offered this as a "hey we have nothing to lose by offering this, we don't expect you to agree to this, there will be no negotiation, because frankly we don't need this so if you don't like it see ya later" ...and of course we accepted. (probably on some stupid moral grounds that the history is worth more than the $ we leave on the table)

No no, I seem to remember agreeing with you about something, once. You had to be off your game that day.

Ha Ha.

Now I remember what Clack means by "best and most realistic" Siena poster

You got 1 right instead of the usual $iena fan record of ZERO.

Could someone explain the ticket controversy to me? I've only been in the area for a few years...

Basically the expectation is when 2 teams from peer leagues play it is usually a home and home(see Vermont- LCC, Cornell-Albany, recent Cornell-LCC, even LCC-NJIT etc) This series is not that way. It has always been at LCC arena for various reasons/excuses. It is mine opinion (and others ?) that for the accommodation of always playing at their arena, that this game should have tickets split down the middle 50% to LCC, 50% to UA split at half court just like you would see at a typical football bowl game. Instead it had been a LCC home game every year with UA being thrown a small bone of being able to buy seats that are normally covering in garbage bags while the $iena community college keeps all the good seats to sell for their second rate fans.

Edit - I didn't see Yo Damien had answered this and yes I agree that UA should never had agreed to these terms and should never had renewed under these terms.

This game will ALWAYS be played, that's something we need to come to terms with. I would encourage people to contact Dr. McElroy and/or president of the University and insist that UA demand better terms. I'm not holding my breath though, a lot of the things surrounding this game are mismanaged.

- Seat equality, it's time to move the LCC fans out of their usual seats and take this game out of their season ticket packages. If UVM, NJIT and Cornell can get a home and home either we need a true home and home or a better seating arrangement.

- We have no one to blame but ourselves for this inequitable arrangement someone in administration needs to sack up and demand the same terms UVM got. A true home and home would be preferable. The terms shoved down our throat, primarily the $ienaty seats, no home court advantage is downright disrespectful. I just don't get why UA admins bend over like they do.

Cancel it! There is no doubt in my mind that if the games were true home and home we've had more then one win in the last 9 years. The games have been very very close especially the OT and 2OT games, home court would have made enough a difference to have 2 or 3 wins.

Archived