UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Yale

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Got back from New Haven... not so pretty weather in MA. We looked gassed throughout the game. It was a very physical game....refs seemed to swallow their whistles as we were playing football at our end of the court half the time it seemed.

DanesRGood jealous you got to go to Pepe's. A co-worker of mine suggested it but we got into New Haven too late. We stopped in hoping we could grab a slice but realized they only do sitdown and pickup.

Nice little group of UA fans at the game too which was nice to see.

204239879.jpg?AWSAccessKeyId=0ZRYP5X5F6FSMBCCSE82&Expires=1291702564&Signature=sJlLQP5hZPr9qXQnlupJB08nEMg%3D

Got back from New Haven... not so pretty weather in MA. We looked gassed throughout the game. It was a very physical game....refs seemed to swallow their whistles as we were playing football at our end of the court half the time it seemed.

DanesRGood jealous you got to go to Pepe's. A co-worker of mine suggested it but we got into New Haven too late. We stopped in hoping we could grab a slice but realized they only do sitdown and pickup.

204239879.jpg?AWSAccessKeyId=0ZRYP5X5F6FSMBCCSE82&Expires=1291702564&Signature=sJlLQP5hZPr9qXQnlupJB08nEMg%3D

You must be talking about the higher elevation part of the ma pike. I driven that in bad weather. Not fun. Glad you got back safely.

They sounded gassed thru the radio call

I think it's alway snowing in the Berkshires during basketball season. Seems like it anyway.

Saw what happens with the little Big three is all off on the same night and I don't really need to see it again. Not unexpected after Saturday. As the season progresses hopefully we can develop a few more scoring options.

I will tell you what I find to be a disturbing trend: Assists. It seems like although we are scoring at a better pace than last year, we are simply not getting assists. This is odd since Mike distributes the ball well...but I have been noticing our opponents out "assisting" us.

That said, I am happy that our TO's seem to be trending down...but I have to think that the lack of assists does hurt us when the big 3 are not having particularly great nights.

Is it a product of guys standing around, not getting open...etc. I think in general, the offensive flow is much better and Coach has installed a better gameplan...but I think over time, we need to get the ball into our players hands in high percentage scoring situations.

Announcer on the Yale video feed mentioned the 'crazed Albany fan' who whistled on every Yale foul shot. Anybody we know?

I'm usually a crazy whistler fan but I wasn't there.

You should find a way to meet that person. He could be your "Great Dane Soulmate".

My ears are still ringing from the LCC game.

DanesRGood put together a nice recap of the UA game- its up on PAGN now.

After having survived that game in person, he, at the very least, deserves to have his experience immortalized in the interwebs.

Thanks for asking for the write-up Doc. It was fun. I am no journalist though. :)

The pizza was REALLY good. The sauce was amazing and the thin crust in the coal fired brick oven was perfect. I highly recommend it to anyone driving by or near New Haven.

Announcer on the Yale video feed mentioned the 'crazed Albany fan' who whistled on every Yale foul shot. Anybody we know?

Pretty sure it was GoDanesGo with the whistling. It worked a couple times. Our foul shooting on the other hand was not good. I would think it was somewhere around 50-60%.

Archived