UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Tim Ambrose - Point Tally

I'm not sure about the scoring in conference. I think we'll be a better team if some of other guys who are the current power trio score a little more. I'm thinking guys like Devlin, Puk, Watts, etc. I'm certainly not rooting again Tim scoring more.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I haven't been to many games in the past few years, but I've been to some. I've watched a fair number live on line.

Its my impression that Ambrose's production and contribution in the past three years could have more closely resembled what he is doing for UA now. I think he is the best example of bad coaching we've seen under CB. Here is a guy who's talent must have been obvious when he was recruited. He was forced by benchings, reprimands, and maybe humiliation, to alter the very talents that made him attractive to UA in the first place.

This is probably not a universal approach, but coaching shouldn't be a one size fits all deal. In the case of Ambrose its always been my opinion that the staff never shaped the strategy to maximize what came natural to the player, but rather tried to change to player to fit the coach's strategy.

I think we missed opportunities and I admire and respect the patience of this athlete for persevering. I am very happy to see him become the leader.

I haven't been to many games in the past few years, but I've been to some. I've watched a fair number live on line.

Its my impression that Ambrose's production and contribution in the past three years could have more closely resembled what he is doing for UA now. I think he is the best example of bad coaching we've seen under CB. Here is a guy who's talent must have been obvious when he was recruited. He was forced by benchings, reprimands, and maybe humiliation, to alter the very talents that made him attractive to UA in the first place.

This is probably not a universal approach, but coaching shouldn't be a one size fits all deal. In the case of Ambrose its always been my opinion that the staff never shaped the strategy to maximize what came natural to the player, but rather tried to change to player to fit the coach's strategy.

I think we missed opportunities and I admire and respect the patience of this athlete for persevering. I am very happy to see him become the leader.

I think this is a fairly accurate statement.

Stunning to think of the point total he will have given the amount of time on the bench, and the slow down offense that UA has run.

Would love to see a Pts/minute of Tim vs. some of the other top scorers. And let's not forget he rebounds, steals, assist, and yep, turns the ball over.

Archived