UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

@Xavier

Doc

Well there's not much to be said about the specifics that hasn't already been said. In order to keep this one close we had to play well and they had to play poorly, I thought this would happen...neither did. Xavier played poorly in the first half and we couldn't capitalize on those mistakes (not that it really would have mattered). Xavier made adjustments at the half (as good teams do) and we had essentially no answer beyond Tim.

It didn't feel like a 24 point loss to me and I'm not all that concerned with what I saw. The defense is getting better, but at a snail's pace, hopefully it gets good enough earlier than later in conference play. 2 of the little were non-existant. Obviously it's a bit much to expect them to each have MSM kind of nights every time out but I wouldn't expect something like tonight to happen more than a couple times all year.

Good news is there's isn't a team this complete, or frankly, good, in the AE. Quick turnaround against a good Wagner team Thursday, keep working.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Xavier played poorly in the first half and we couldn't capitalize on those mistakes (not that it really would have mattered).

Not sure if I'd consider shooting 57% from the field..and 56% from 3..as 'playing poorly'..but I agree that we didn't effectively take advantage of the mistakes that they did make..mainly their 8 (?) first half TOs.

Also, an ORtg of slightly over 100, another solid offensive performance coupled by a poor defensive one (similar to Iona).

http://pagn.wordpress.com/2010/12/29/disappointment-in-small-doses/

Another similarity to the Iona game was the three point shooting. In both games someone went wild from three in the first half - Smyth for Iona, Lyons for Xavier. Then in the second half they drove and got easier shots at the rim.

Nice note about Timmy by the X blog:

Tim Ambrose of Albany is a nice player. The diminutive guard played with confidence and is a resourceful finisher. He got no help after the break, but continued to go hard after a dog-tired Tu Holloway and a largely defensively disinterested Mark Lyons. Ambrose finished with 24 points, 5 rebounds, and 5 assists. He’d start for the Muskies this season. Maybe we can work out a midseason trade?

http://danaandvictory.com/

Archived