UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Maine

Doc

The million dollar question is why didn't we adjust against it? Clearly UNH adjusted we didn't and got blown out.

UNH fell behind because of 15 turnovers in the first half. They 'adjusted' by hitting six straight threes in 5 1/2 minutes and shooting 67% in the second half. Conley had 33 for the game, 25 in the 2nd.

CB said Monday that while we did OK vs. UVM they had a 'flat' 1-3-1 with Accoui out front, Hart had 6'9" Sabia up top and 6'8" Maciel in the middle stopping the drives, and both of them making it hard to pass over or thru.

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm thinking it's time for Black to take reins of this team. 4-6 is nice but he should be putting up close to 15 shots a game. Needs to be more aggressive to take the pressure off of Ambrose and Logan. If the staff and UA fans are gonna talk about him as the most important UA player and one of the best if not the best PG's in the AE he needs to start growing into that role, demanding the ball a bit more and break the D down.

I'm afraid, CB in the gazette is looking for more patience on offense. I understand not forcing it, and admit to not seeing the last two games, but MORE PATIENT? The more this team passes (read patience), the more TO's and fewer shots.

I've been wrong before, but isn't this team better w/ up tempo. Lack of depth offsets that a bit but if they are more patient this could be unwatchable. If I see less than 50 at home......

the one play that killed me was when devlin hit the big three to go up by two and they force a turnover the next def position. watts then runs the point and then dribbles to about 15 or so seconds and then takes a jumper and misses. i think that was the biggest possession of the game for us with less than 2 min to go.

This one hurts a lot...I sat a lot and watched really trying to understand what's going on on the floor. Final score is not what disturbs me.

- Numerous pick and roll situations the player with the ball refused to hit the rolling player for an easy two. This happened numerous times.

- Instead of fighting over screens several of our players went under the screen and got burned. One that jumps out is a second half three towards the start of the half where I believe it was Mitchell hit a wide open three when Ambrose went under the screen.

- Black should be putting up a minimum of 14+ shots a game. Someone is always off, if Ambrose is on the other two take a night off, when Black is on the other two take a night off, round and round we go game after game.

Loses starting to mount and I'm concerned about this season starting to unravel, last year we started unraveling around the same time.

- One positive is that they tried to feed the bigs down low and they actually did some solid things especially in the first half. Right now we are WAY to one dimensional and easy to defend, everything is on the perimeter.

The million dollar question is why didn't we adjust against it? Clearly UNH adjusted we didn't and got blown out.

UNH fell behind because of 15 turnovers in the first half. They 'adjusted' by hitting six straight threes in 5 1/2 minutes and shooting 67% in the second half. Conley had 33 for the game, 25 in the 2nd.

CB said Monday that while we did OK vs. UVM they had a 'flat' 1-3-1 with Accoui out front, Hart had 6'9" Sabia up top and 6'8" Maciel in the middle stopping the drives, and both of them making it hard to pass over or thru.

I was at the UNH-Hartford game. As soon as I saw Hartford's zone, I understood why Albany couldn't score. It was unbelievable - no way to get shots that weren't NBA threes (clearly not UNH's strong suit).

In the second half, Hartford did go to man-to-man occasionally, but UNH went on a 20-2 run by hitting like 9 threes on their next possessions. They would set a screen to get Conley open in the corner and he could not miss. It was amazing, and he was the only reason that UNH won.

Considering Albany had a bad shooting night, there was no way that they could beat Hartford with its zone. So I guess my observation is that, as much as I don't want to admit it, UNH got really, really lucky in that they couldn't miss from the perimeter - and that's the only reason they won. (Also thanks to two missed Hartford FTs at the end.) So I think the Albany-Hartford game said more about Hartford as a great defensive team than it did about Albany as a team in general. (Note: I did not watch or listen to the Hartford/UA game, so I could definitely be wrong.)

Edit: UNH-Hartford Highlights - see how UNH beat Hartford's zone:

http://www.unhwildcats.com/sports/mbkb/playlists

This might be a good game to catch a shirt if they throw them out tonight.

You called it. Although I doubt you were envisioning pink :).

Came home to find LadyDP had shoveled out the driveway. At least I had a present for her.

Man, that one stung.

Played well enough to win and couldn't close. I wasn't as unhappy about the defense as Clickclack was although Barnies did kill us at the end.

It's easy to armchair quarterback this game but I didn't understand putting the ball in Watts hands at the end of the game. I like him as a player I just didn't understand why the ball wasn't in Mike Black's hands at crunch time. That said if Watts hits that runner we're probably celebrating.

13 points from the bench is better.

Archived