UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Haven't seen much out there this year.

Here's two kids it looks like we're after though:

Nick Gilbo - Moriah High

6'0 240lb FB/LB

http://www.wptz.com/...145/detail.html

Jordan Canzeri - Troy

5'9 177lb RB

Kid put up ridiculous numbers this year in Troy's run to the Dome. He's getting a lot of FBS interest, but not sure he can hold up size wise. He was the Albany area player of the year and first-team All-NYS. I suspect he'll end up at a MAC team but we'll see.

We're pretty solid at the RB position with Smith and Romain, so I'm not too worried about not getting him.

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nick Gilbo - Moriah High

6'0 240lb FB/LB

Jordan Canzeri - Troy

5'9 177lb RB

Kid put up ridiculous numbers this year in Troy's run to the Dome. He's getting a lot of FBS interest, but not sure he can hold up size wise. He was the Albany area player of the year and first-team All-NYS. I suspect he'll end up at a MAC team but we'll see.

We're pretty solid at the RB position with Smith and Romain, so I'm not too worried about not getting him.

Hope everyone had a great holiday! from what i'm hearing we have little money this year for recruiting. They spent some on young kids thst performed this year and we may have five or so rides left. I think cover corners and O lineman are their main focus! The Canzeri kid looks tempting but i somewhat agree we are solid at th RB position. Rumors are the that the offense is being re vamped to a more spread type offense to take advantage of the skilled players we have! If what im hearing is true it could be a fun year.

Nick Gilbo - Moriah High

6'0 240lb FB/LB

Jordan Canzeri - Troy

5'9 177lb RB

Hope everyone had a great holiday! from what i'm hearing we have little money this year for recruiting. They spent some on young kids thst performed this year and we may have five or so rides left. I think cover corners and O lineman are their main focus! The Canzeri kid looks tempting but i somewhat agree we are solid at th RB position. Rumors are the that the offense is being re vamped to a more spread type offense to take advantage of the skilled players we have! If what im hearing is true it could be a fun year.

Hopefully that is true. And if so that means they'd be doing exactly what we hoped for last year - getting Romain, Smith and Buddy on the field at the same time. Add Paul Booker and Ryan Kirschner into the mix and you've got a really solid set of really young guys on O. It will also take the pressure off the o-linemen. In the spread the line blocking is very simple - pretty much the same zone-blocking scheme for all runs and a different scheme for all passes. That's how Oregon can run it so fast. The only thing that needs to be communicated to the Oline is run or pass.

Cover corners have always been a weakness. Its a vulernability in our scheme. Hopefully we can pick up a juco or two maybe to fill the gaps.

Without letting the cat out of the bag that's what they are doing! You only get that type of athletic kids togather at once very seldom! Plus they are all fairly young must be Fordie is letting his coaches do there thing. I'm very excited to see what come's of this. I was concearned about Buddy the few fumbles he had during the year untill i found out he ruptured a Tendon in his right hand when he fumbled in OT at the CCSU game! My understanding is thst he had surgery and all is well! I'm also hearing that Drew, Dillon and Booker are in the best shape ever. The Defense is also improving, Wilks will be back and Leon Saddler is working hard

Looks like Jordan Canzeri committed to Villanova after his visit earlier in the week.

http://www.hawkeyena...an-canzeri.html

Should be interesting to see if he stays with Nova or accepts the ride to Iowa.

Nova hs 5 committments now that turned down written and confirmed BCS offers (Big East, ACC and Big Ten). I have to imagine they're going to accept the Big East invite and these kids are being told the same.

Playing around on Scout, and I found the following:

Shane Thompson, MLB, NJ: Interest from Albany, but no offer. So far Monmouth is the only program to offer.

Dallas Whitaker, OLB, NJ: Interest and offer from Albany, but is going to Rutger as a preferred walk-on.

Erich Myers, MLB, OH: Inteest but no offer from Albany; Hillsdale College is the only school to offer.

Probably won't amount to anything but it is interesting that they are all linebackers.

Only a couple of more days until Groundhog's Day National Signing Day.

Trying to fall asleep, but it looks like Rivals has more information than Scout, with a list of 29 players having Albany as a school of interest.

Rivals UA Recruits

5 have already signed elsewhere, but there were offers to:

Demetrius Smith, DT, NJ

Dallas Whitaker, LB, NJ (Preferred walk-on at Rutgers; mentioned before)

Jacob Walaszek, ILB, OH

Kyle Seyfried, Pro-Style QB, OH (Committed to Dayton)

Colin Cooper, TE, NY (Committed to Monmouth)

Archived