UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Troy High Quarterback Brian Marsh and wide receiver Josh Blaauboer, will also sign National Letters of Intent today, with both committing to UAlbany.

http://www.troyrecord.com/articles/2011/02/01/sports/doc4d48d87fc5e7a589405808.txt

I never did fully understand the Twitter concept, but today seems like a perfect opportunity for the "UAlbany Football" Twitter account to get some word out.

Troy High Quarterback Brian Marsh and wide receiver Josh Blaauboer, will also sign National Letters of Intent today, with both committing to UAlbany.

http://www.troyrecord.com/articles/2011/02/01/sports/doc4d48d87fc5e7a589405808.txt

I never did fully understand the Twitter concept, but today seems like a perfect opportunity for the "UAlbany Football" Twitter account to get some word out.

I know there restrictions on when an announcement can be made on recruits but I'm pretty sure they made on last year via twitter on signing day.

So I guess we didn't get any recruits yesterday huh?

blush.gif

Yeah, that sucks...I really thought we had some holes to plug. Probably could have used some warm bodies.

I heard we signed a QB and WR from Troy and a center transfer JUCO from Iowa. Also a wide out from Rochester Rush Henrietta i believe

Here's a kicker, care of Lo-Hud: Thomas O'Riordan

"Three other local players officially signed yesterday, all with FCS programs: Nyack lineman Maxim Ngolla, North Rockland kicker Thomas O'Riordan and Mount St. Michael defensive back Jaylen Amaker...

Ngolla signed with Lafayette, O'Riordan with Albany and Amaker with Bucknell. ...O'Riordan said he expects to kick at Albany after choosing the school over Holy Cross and Wagner, among others.

"Signing the letter meant a lot to me and my family," he said. "I feel like I've accomplished something.""

Here's an OT from Virginia that had interest from Old Dominion and UA, but was not offered: Rodney Carroll

"Several Orange Hornets have garnered interest from Division II and III schools, and leading the way is 6-foot-4, 275-pound offensive tackle Rodney Carroll.

Carroll was a three-year starter for the Hornets, and he has caught the attention of Old Dominion University and Albany University in New York, but no offers have been made. He is also considering Hargrave Military Academy’s post graduate program, according to OCHS assistant coach Jessie Lohr."

Here's a kicker, care of Lo-Hud: Thomas O'Riordan

"Three other local players officially signed yesterday, all with FCS programs: Nyack lineman Maxim Ngolla, North Rockland kicker Thomas O'Riordan and Mount St. Michael defensive back Jaylen Amaker...

Ngolla signed with Lafayette, O'Riordan with Albany and Amaker with Bucknell. ...O'Riordan said he expects to kick at Albany after choosing the school over Holy Cross and Wagner, among others.

"Signing the letter meant a lot to me and my family," he said. "I feel like I've accomplished something.""

O'Riordan looks like a pretty solid kicker.

A four star kicker according to the National Camp Series which is the top kicker/punter rating system (through actual combine events since kickers in high school are so hard to judge on the field (bad snappers and holders usually)).

http://www.nationalcampseries.com/profile.asp?id=1077&eventid=1

I dont think either player from Troy will be an impact player...role players maybe. The QB definitely wont be a QB...way too small, slow...and no arm. Super smart football wise...so maybe he will serve as a 3rd string QB. The wideout from Rush Henrietta...watched a few vids on him...pretty quick...ok size (5'10, 180)...but he may potentially go to CB?!?! Looked pretty good in his film as a CB...closes on the ball well...nice tackler.

We lost out on two good kids in NYC...an OLB who is headed to Bryant I believe...and a kid from my school, Sheepshead Bay, who is headed to UNH!

ARE WE THE ONLY TEAM IN THE COUNTRY THAT HAS NOT ANNOUNCED THERE RECRUITS!

It is frustrating, especially considering how great the release was last year (videos with highlights, etc...).

The only thing I can think of is that a lot of the signing day ceremonies were cancelled yesterday becuase of the storm (definitely happened by me in NJ) and because of that they haven't gotten signed letters of intent from some top recruits?

They can't by NCAA rule discuss a recruit until they have a sign NLI in hand.

That's the only reason I can see for being a DI school and not releasing a signing class on signing day.

ARE WE THE ONLY TEAM IN THE COUNTRY THAT HAS NOT ANNOUNCED THERE RECRUITS!

It is frustrating, especially considering how great the release was last year (videos with highlights, etc...).

The only thing I can think of is that a lot of the signing day ceremonies were cancelled yesterday becuase of the storm (definitely happened by me in NJ) and because of that they haven't gotten signed letters of intent from some top recruits?

They can't by NCAA rule discuss a recruit until they have a sign NLI in hand.

That's the only reason I can see for being a DI school and not releasing a signing class on signing day.

I heard they were waiting to release it at the same time as announcements on conference affiliation and stadium progress.

Sorry. Couldn't resist.

Archived