UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Stadium: Architecture, Engineering, and Design AWARDED!

• Replies 543
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Has it been said anywhere what exactly will be done to the track?

Wonder if they'll be touching the seating?

"A repaired and upgraded track and field venue will include a 9-lane synthetic surface track with 9-lane sprint straights at 48 inch widths. Associated throwing events will occur within the oval on a natural turf surface with repaired and upgraded lighting. Provisions for scoring, timing, equipment and meet management systems are included. The track will be located in its current site on the Uptown Campus and when not in use for competitions, will be available for casual and recreational use."

http://www.albany.edu/facilities/fp/athleticfields.html

Not sure how much needs to be done with the seating at track, except of course making it safe. The current seating might actually be good for holding meets. We aren't going to host the NCAA's but we don't need to anyway.

Edited by danefan

There's been a few sketches along the way on what this thing is going to look like...

and of course the old video:

So, what's it really going to look like?

And what's the cost of putting in 'temporary' seating on the visitor's side, in comparison to something permanent?

Temp seats are really cheap in comparison...probably a 1/4 of the cost. My hope is that they build the foundation necessary so a build out DOESN'T actually cost more...meaning when you add on to existing services it usually costs more if you don't lay local work.

If we sell out 7k for two years...better believe you will get some $$$ to finish up that side permanent. Figure...at 1000 or so a seat...we can double the size (permanent size) to around 10,000 (4500 on the away side...1000 lower level bottom berm enzone) for about 6 million. I would be very happy with a cozy 10,000 seat stadium in 5 years. That's enough to get some big boys to travel to you.

Temp seats are really cheap in comparison...probably a 1/4 of the cost. My hope is that they build the foundation necessary so a build out DOESN'T actually cost more...meaning when you add on to existing services it usually costs more if you don't lay local work.

Maybe something that can be moved to the baseball field... it'd be nice to watch a baseball game with something acceptable.

Let's hope the foundation for the permanent construction is included now!

If we sell out 7k for two years...better believe you will get some $$$ to finish up that side permanent. Figure...at 1000 or so a seat...we can double the size (permanent size) to around 10,000 (4500 on the away side...1000 lower level bottom berm enzone) for about 6 million. I would be very happy with a cozy 10,000 seat stadium in 5 years. That's enough to get some big boys to travel to you.

I can't imagine that the stadium will have empty seats... i think this region has been waiting for this, and it'll

get a ton of interest.

I think season tickets go up dramatically.

Maybe something that can be moved to the baseball field... it'd be nice to watch a baseball game with something acceptable.

Let's hope the foundation for the permanent construction is included now!

I can't imagine that the stadium will have empty seats... i think this region has been waiting for this, and it'll

get a ton of interest.

I think season tickets go up dramatically.

Temp bleachers aren't portable. Very different things. The bleachers at the lacrosse field are borderline temp bleachers.

Season tickets should double in price IMO.

I'm buying 8 probably to grandfather myself into good seating forever. Get in on the ground floor.

Edited by danefan

So we'd just toss temp bleachers when we construct the visitor's side?

Too bad we did have the money just to build the visitors side now... and save the waste.

When do we anticipate having season football tickets available for the new facility?

I would imagine we'd either lease the temp bleachers or move them to the track complex on the current away side. I agree on wishing we had the money to just build the lower lever on the visitors side like SBU did. Not only does it look better, but it keeps the sound in the stadium better.