UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Stadium: Architecture, Engineering, and Design AWARDED!

• Replies 543
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Funny, I finally found a pic yesterday of the CCSU bleachers and was pleasantly surprised. That said, I do think it will be the same size; CCSU's expansion went from 4000 seats to 2000 seats. So it is spot on sized-wise.

Depending on source LaValle has a capacity of either 8,136 or 8,300. From satellite pictures I'd figure it to have about 1,700 on the visitor side and maybe 1,300 in the end zone student section, leaving just over 5,000 in that picture, which includes 500 club seats.

On Channel 13's noon report on Bob Ford Day, John McLaughlin said the bids went out on Friday, and that the University wanted to raise $1 million from private donations.

He also said the bids would be back in mid-April (!) (seems an awful long time - 75 days?) and the report showed one of the older concept drawings. More at the 5:00 news.

On Channel 13's noon report on Bob Ford Day, John McLaughlin said the bids went out on Friday, and that the University wanted to raise $1 million from private donations.

He also said the bids would be back in mid-April (!) (seems an awful long time - 75 days?) and the report showed one of the older concept drawings. More at the 5:00 news.

http://wnyt.com/article/stories/S2479759.shtml?cat=300

Running out to PTherapy...but a couple quick things.

1. The 75 days for the bids due back is not surprising at all. Most our bids have either a 45 or 90 day report back to the agency. The bids themselves standard carry a 90 day validity period per custom in just about all procurement that involves construction or major engineering, technical or otherwise.

Gives the bidding party ample opportunity to put together a technical, commercial and terms/conditions response plus any deviations/modifications necessary. Also gives the parties time to negotiate...though here I suspect this is a flow down contract that wont have much modification.

2. They probably cannot bid outside the construction fund; it simply may just take a couple of weeks to be inputed in the State computer.

Danefan...you can text me later about...I am out of therapy at 5.

Archived