UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Stadium: Architecture, Engineering, and Design AWARDED!

• Replies 543
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Forgetting the political bull$iena of Geneseo...once we see the full RFP...we won't know what we really are looking for. What I don't like is that there is no mention of a media center (scoreboard) in the current blurb. Those cost in the 500k range...and hopefully they are not scimping out.

That said...this is what you get for 16.5 million.

asun-wsoc-ksu-ncaacollegecup.jpg

Almost a replica of the design that we have for 20mm...except this one is 1500 seats less than our 20 mill stadium...and approximately 1-2000 more than our current plans.

Danefan is correct in that we will see some sort of hybrid of the two designs.

Edited by Dane96

Also, Kirkeby-Over Stadium at Augustana is probably a really good jumping point to look at.

$10 million dollars (add in location and inflation costs, plus NY requirements costs...and you are around the same that we can spend).

6000 seats- Approximately 4000 fixed.

Good article: http://athleticbusiness.com/galleries/project.aspx?id=393

large_1279123081_472.jpg

Kirkeby-Over Stadium

Edited by Dane96

Also, Kirkeby-Over Stadium at Augustana is probably a really good jumping point to look at.

$10 million dollars (add in location and inflation costs, plus NY requirements costs...and you are around the same that we can spend).

6000 seats- Approximately 4000 fixed.

Good article: http://athleticbusiness.com/galleries/project.aspx?id=393

large_1279123081_472.jpg

Kirkeby-Over Stadium

I don't know about anyone else, but I'd be a happy camper with a Phase I that looked like this:

109_061_2010.jpg

109_059_2010.jpg

Yeah...that looks fantastic

I'm realizing now how far down our standards have gone.

We are so desperate that we are now happy just to get something equal to what our little DIII sister at Cortland has. Sad.

2590870133_1ff5753855.jpg

Edited by danefan

Yeah...that looks fantastic

I'm realizing now how far down our standards have gone.

We are so desperate that we are now happy just to get something equal to what our little DIII sister at Cortland has. Sad.

2590870133_1ff5753855.jpg

Yep! I'll take that over our current dump as well....7 days a week and twice on Sunday.

what a joke. Why would Cortland even need a stadium like that? seriously makes me angry to see that

Doesn't make me angry...they have the leadership and political agility to pull this off...GOOD ON THEM!

ANGRY AT UA for not getting it done.

The Augustana (South Dakota) stadium broke ground in November 2007, seats 6,500. One family donated over $6 million towards it. Augie is D-II, that looks (again) a lot like ours and Stony Brook.

Cortland also seats 6,500 for football. The Jets gave them over $300K for new sod for the grass fields

I personally went from arguing for a 25k stadium, to settling for the 15k stadium we were supposed to get.

Then from a 15k to 11-12k, and now down to 5k plus temp bleachers...

Sad state of standards...

If we don't build something equal to SBU or Cortland, then the *&^% with it.

Blame it ALL on the University, and its leadership.