UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Stadium: Architecture, Engineering, and Design AWARDED!

• Replies 543
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Two articles today:

http://www.bizjournals.com/albany/print-edition/2012/02/10/ualbany-will-build-new-stadium-will.html

Sometime this spring, the vacant grass fields Lee McElroy can see from his office will turn into a construction site six years in the making.

The University at Albany dramatically shrank its plans for an outdoor stadium as the recession slashed what donors were willing or able to give. Record-high deficits meant the state had no ability to spur the work at the public university.

But now UAlbany is bidding the project, hoping to open in time for the final home game of this fall’s football season.

“This is a recognition that something is better than nothing,” said McElroy, a ...

The article is subscriber only so I didn't read the rest.

Construction of UAlbany football facility to begin in April

Posted at: 02/10/2012 5:16 PM | Updated at: 02/10/2012 5:38 PM

By: WNYT Staff

ALBANY - NewsChannel 13 has learned, the much anticipated building of a new football facility at the University at Albany is finally going to happen.

Multiple sources told Rodger Wyland, the stadium will be near where the Giants hold summer training camp.

Construction will begin sometime in April.

Wyland said on the news there will be a presser on Wednesday, it will cost about $24 million, 10 of that from the state. Will seat 6,500. The Giants have already been notified.

Santillo's tweet agrees: AndrewSantillo cost is reported to be $24 million and school received $10 million from state - construction would not interfere with Giants training camp

$10m more from the State?

Or just coincidence that $14 + $10 = $24?

Construction of UAlbany football facility to begin in April

Posted at: 02/10/2012 5:16 PM | Updated at: 02/10/2012 5:38 PM

By: WNYT Staff

ALBANY - NewsChannel 13 has learned, the much anticipated building of a new football facility at the University at Albany is finally going to happen.

Multiple sources told Rodger Wyland, the stadium will be near where the Giants hold summer training camp.

Construction will begin sometime in April.

Wyland said on the news there will be a presser on Wednesday, it will cost about $24 million, 10 of that from the state. Will seat 6,500. The Giants have already been notified.

Maybe Wednesday is the day we finally hear specifics.

Albany Business Journal and every other citation said $14.1M for the stadium. Even the bid contracts only requested a bond of $15M. I would love to think we're stepping it up on phase one but I doubt it. My money is $14.1M for the stadium. $18M total for all 3 projects. I would love to be wrong.

Archived