UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

vs. Stony Brook

MRSGDG

I'm told it is hard to get an e-mail sent to all students. It kind of surprised me, but they are concerned about overloading them with spam. Doesn't really make sense to me. There were brochures handed out about the give aways, but I'm not a student, so I don't know how well distributed they were. I've had some recent conversations about methods for getting games publicized.

I also underestimated the Valentine's Day effect.

I'm told it is hard to get an e-mail sent to all students. It kind of surprised me, but they are concerned about overloading them with spam. Doesn't really make sense to me. There were brochures handed out about the give aways, but I'm not a student, so I don't know how well distributed they were. I've had some recent conversations about methods for getting games publicized.

That would be great alum, how expensive can it be or time consuming to do e-mails to students prior to the games. I get like 10 e-mails a day from UPD, Parking and a whole bunch of other crap (or what I'd consider crap) but nothing ever about our sporting events.

Heck, send ONE the day of the game.

It was sickening to see all those empty seats on ESPN last night. I wish the athletic department could energize the students to get some butts in the seats. Sad for a university of our size...IMHO

It is very sad that we can't get 500-1000 students to every home game. I just don't get it.

It was sickening to see all those empty seats on ESPN last night. I wish the athletic department could energize the students to get some butts in the seats. Sad for a university of our size...IMHO

It is very sad that we can't get 500-1000 students to every home game. I just don't get it.

And then there are some schools in our conference that would love to have 1000 total people at each game. Always room for improvement everywhere..I guess.

And then there are some schools in our conference that would love to have 1000 total people at each game. Always room for improvement everywhere..I guess.

We are avaraging 2124 a game this season, third place in the conference. UVM with their great season only getting 2400 people in.

Valentine's Day, apathetic student body, mediocore record all play a part.

My 2 cents is that the style of play also plays a part, a large part. Even though we had the lead in the first half against SB, that was painful to watch 45 total points. This is a consistent problem. It's a general problem for the AE conference but specific to UA's style (at times). If they played the style that they did in the second half the crowds would immediately increase. Some pressure both offensively and defensively add excitement. Fans for the most part (me included) don't want to see defense and rebounding only. The only way that draws a fan base is if the team is winning consistently.

If I had traveled to MSG to watch the BU game, I would not have been happy. If your going to lose by 20, at least make it 80-60.

Valentine's Day, apathetic student body, mediocore record all play a part.

My 2 cents is that the style of play also plays a part, a large part. Even though we had the lead in the first half against SB, that was painful to watch 45 total points. This is a consistent problem. It's a general problem for the AE conference but specific to UA's style (at times). If they played the style that they did in the second half the crowds would immediately increase. Some pressure both offensively and defensively add excitement. Fans for the most part (me included) don't want to see defense and rebounding only. The only way that draws a fan base is if the team is winning consistently.

If I had traveled to MSG to watch the BU game, I would not have been happy. If your going to lose by 20, at least make it 80-60.

I agree no one likes to watch anemic offenses. The game at msg was so painful to watch.

Archived