UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

america east tournament

UA'08

[

Ambrose was a defensive liability as good as he was on the offensive end. Laterally his quickness wasn't there. Logan is another one of those guys, not quick laterally. You need to be able to play defense with your feet not hand.

I think we'll be better defensively, I'm not saying we'll be lock down. We still have some a ship to give I think, we could use someone to anchor the defense.

Back in the day, when we had Lillis, Wilson etc. who there was extremely quick? We played with TOUGHNESS, I expect the toughness to improve next season. Defense is about desire and toughness, the willingness to go harder then the guy lined up against you.

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That late charge call on UA was horse****.

Forester had the rebound and would have laid it back in.

Horrible call in the last minute of play. Another example of refs altering a game.

UAlbany women clearly got home jobbed.

BTW Hartford women beat the top seed UMBC with a $ienaesque 28 of 37 free throws. UMBC had two team technicals.

[

Back in the day, when we had Lillis, Wilson etc. who there was extremely quick? We played with TOUGHNESS, I expect the toughness to improve next season. Defense is about desire and toughness, the willingness to go harder then the guy lined up against you.

The guards on those teams were much bigger than what we have now. This year Tim is on the smaller side for an SG and Logan is on the smaller side for a SF. Jamar's senior year we played Lillis 6'5 at the point and Siggers 6'4 as our smaller forward. A much bigger team on the perimeter and we played a ton of man defense which we couldn't do this year. If we can get back to that I think we'll be a much better rebounding team than we were this year also.

[

The guards on those teams were much bigger than what we have now. This year Tim is on the smaller side for an SG and Logan is on the smaller side for a SF. Jamar's senior year we played Lillis 6'5 at the point and Siggers 6'4 as our smaller forward. A much bigger team on the perimeter and we played a ton of man defense which we couldn't do this year. If we can get back to that I think we'll be a much better rebounding team than we were this year also.

I agree, we were big, tough and beat up opposing teams. There appears to be a good deal of size coming in over the last two years.

Watts - 6'5

Page - listed 6'5

Suero - 6'4 210lb

Rowley is 6'6 but 240lb rugby player.

We didn't really have the personnel especially on the perimeter to play man defense this year. The defense was structured to protect our two best perimeter players (Logan and Timmy) both don't have blazing lateral quickness to play man D with their feet.

Adding more Watts doesn't get me fired up about D.

One thing about Watts that I noticed in the SBU game (ugly jumper aside): he had one of the only anticipation steals I had seen all season. He read the pass, moved on it, stole it, and had a fast-break to the hoop. This is one area of defense that is rarely seen on the UA teams. Carl Ross made the read a few times in the conference tournament four years ago, but beyond that the instances of anticipation steals have been few and far between.

Adding more Watts doesn't get me fired up about D.

One thing about Watts that I noticed in the SBU game (ugly jumper aside): he had one of the only anticipation steals I had seen all season. He read the pass, moved on it, stole it, and had a fast-break to the hoop. This is one area of defense that is rarely seen on the UA teams. Carl Ross made the read a few times in the conference tournament four years ago, but beyond that the instances of anticipation steals have been few and far between.

Watt's is a kid I think can really grow into a strong defensive role. He has great length and good lateral quickness. I thought he played steady all season especially for a freshmen. Something people don't talk about is his 1.3/1 a/t ratio for a freshmen. The highest of any rotation player, Ambrose was second 1.2/1.

Looks like the championship match up will be Stony Brook @ Boston.

Anyone have a preference to whom they'd like to see represent the AE in the NCAA tourney?

I'm just happy that we have a lacrosse game to go to at noon on Saturday instead of watching the AE Championship. My very slight preference is for Boston U only because I think they'd represent the conference better and that on the way out of MSG, I remember thinking that I hoped Boston U would win the tournament. I liked that John Holland and to a lesser extent, Jake O'Brien stuck with the program after the coaching change. On the other hand, I don't have the Stony Brook hatred that many of this forum do.

I save my hatred for only one foe. So, now that I have changed the subject, how annoying is that Cap Comm commercial where the woman shrieks that her son got into Siena?

Anyone have a preference to whom they'd like to see represent the AE in the NCAA tourney?

I'm just happy that we have a lacrosse game to go to at noon on Saturday instead of watching the AE Championship. My very slight preference is for Boston U only because I think they'd represent the conference better and that on the way out of MSG, I remember thinking that I hoped Boston U would win the tournament. I liked that John Holland and to a lesser extent, Jake O'Brien stuck with the program after the coaching change. On the other hand, I don't have the Stony Brook hatred that many of this forum do.

I save my hatred for only one foe. So, now that I have changed the subject, how annoying is that Cap Comm commercial where the woman shrieks that her son got into Siena?

Wouldn't you be delighted with the amount of cash you are about to outlay for a liberal arts degree?

BTW, what's your preference, keep or fire Mitch? Really a hot topic at LCC right now.

That late charge call on UA was horse****.

Forester had the rebound and would have laid it back in.

Horrible call in the last minute of play. Another example of refs altering a game.

UAlbany women clearly got home jobbed.

BTW Hartford women beat the top seed UMBC with a $ienaesque 28 of 37 free throws. UMBC had two team technicals.

Both on the head coach. I didn't think either was justified. The second one was called by the zebra all the way across from the bench.

The people next to me at the time tought it was for giving the thumbs up to the UMBC fans behind the bench. They were all over the refs for a lot of the second half

I also am glad to have a lacrosse game to go to.

I would lean towards BU for the reasons plus I always like watching the beanpot and I always root for BU over those other 3 schools.

Didn't see the commercial. Sounds really bad. BTW, the only down moment I had in Hawaii involved LCC.

Benny Agbayani, the former Met was on the Hawaii Pacific baseball team coaching staff but was not at the game I was at. I got a chance to ask a coach about him. He is a part time coach for them and I mentioned I was a Met fan from Albany who remember seeing him play. The coach was familiar with Albany, but before I could get excited about that he said his daughter goes to LCC. YUCK

Wouldn't you be delighted with the amount of cash you are about to outlay for a liberal arts degree?

BTW, what's your preference, keep or fire Mitch? Really a hot topic at LCC right now.

They ought to give him a chance to improve on the loss total. What was it this year? 18? certainly potential is there for 20 or 25 :rolleyes:

Man how did the CAA take off like that. I am watching the championship and its a packed house loud as hell. Where did the america east go wrong? Werent we basically at the same level 10 years ago or so? I dont think towson, hofstra, deleware, northeastern and whatever other schools defected there made that conference any better. The CAA is realling exploding. They may get 3 teams in depending on who wins this game. Ever since 2006 when george mason made their run all the teams have gotten better.

When your conference tounament is at a neutral site and you can draw like that the conference is doing something right.

Watt's is a kid I think can really grow into a strong defensive role. He has great length and good lateral quickness. I thought he played steady all season especially for a freshmen. Something people don't talk about is his 1.3/1 a/t ratio for a freshmen. The highest of any rotation player, Ambrose was second 1.2/1.

It will be interesting to see what Watts role is next year. It was tough as a freshman to play three different positions and I thought he did a good job with it considering. Hoping he makes a big leap next year and is more consistently aggressive on the offensive end.

Man how did the CAA take off like that. I am watching the championship and its a packed house loud as hell. Where did the america east go wrong? Werent we basically at the same level 10 years ago or so? I dont think towson, hofstra, deleware, northeastern and whatever other schools defected there made that conference any better. The CAA is realling exploding. They may get 3 teams in depending on who wins this game. Ever since 2006 when george mason made their run all the teams have gotten better.

When your conference tounament is at a neutral site and you can draw like that the conference is doing something right.

A 'neutral' site, but VCU has 32,000 students just a mile from the Richmond Coliseum. Several other CAA schools are much larger than any in America East

Archived