UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Post Season - Review

29 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

My 2cents. Our goal should be post season EVERY year; and I do not necessarily mean NCAA. There are now three other post season touranaments (nit,cbi and the third I forget, cit I think). 18 to 20 wins and at least a first round win in the AE should draw interest from these, especially if we did it (win 18 plus) consistently. In my opinion going a round or two in these lesser tournaments is more realistic than winning an ncaa championship and "perhaps" as beneficial as one and out in the ncaa.

Agree. Everyone knows if we made the NCAA tournament again we'd be one and done. The only thing about the CIT and CBI is the team has to pay for travel and all expenses unlike the NIT and NCAA. 18+ wins every year is sustained success. Teams don't kill to be .500 every year. What coach in their right mind would go into every season and be satisfied with .500. Teams want to win not be mediocre.

I disagree...I'd rather make 10 straight NCAA's and be one and done then win 10 CBI's. No one gives a crap about the CBI, does anyone know who won the NIT last season?

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My 2cents. Our goal should be post season EVERY year; and I do not necessarily mean NCAA. There are now three other post season touranaments (nit,cbi and the third I forget, cit I think). 18 to 20 wins and at least a first round win in the AE should draw interest from these, especially if we did it (win 18 plus) consistently. In my opinion going a round or two in these lesser tournaments is more realistic than winning an ncaa championship and "perhaps" as beneficial as one and out in the ncaa.

Agree. Everyone knows if we made the NCAA tournament again we'd be one and done. The only thing about the CIT and CBI is the team has to pay for travel and all expenses unlike the NIT and NCAA. 18+ wins every year is sustained success. Teams don't kill to be .500 every year. What coach in their right mind would go into every season and be satisfied with .500. Teams want to win not be mediocre.

I disagree...I'd rather make 10 straight NCAA's and be one and done then win 10 CBI's. No one gives a crap about the CBI, does anyone know who won the NIT last season?

I would rather have that too. I agree with the part of 18+ wins every year being sustained success.

From One Bid-Wonders:

There's challenges yes, but with Coaches like Chamber and Lonergan hopefully there's a sign that some new blood/ energy is being pushed into this league.

Chambers might end up being a great coach but it's kinda early to put him up with there Lonergan. To come into your first year with Jake O'Brien, Corey Lowe, John Holland and Carlos Strong on your roster is a luxury most new head coaches don't have. I'm not denying he did a nice job last year but that's some crew to inherit.

I'm looking forward to next year and watching us improve, not for reasons to be disappointed. We moved from awful (last year) to respectable (this year) and hopefully going to the upper tier next year.

From One Bid-Wonders:

There's challenges yes, but with Coaches like Chamber and Lonergan hopefully there's a sign that some new blood/ energy is being pushed into this league.

Chambers might end up being a great coach but it's kinda early to put him up with there Lonergan. To come into your first year with Jake O'Brien, Corey Lowe, John Holland and Carlos Strong on your roster is a luxury most new head coaches don't have. I'm not denying he did a nice job last year but that's some crew to inherit.

I'm looking forward to next year and watching us improve, not for reasons to be disappointed. We moved from awful (last year) to respectable (this year) and hopefully going to the upper tier next year.

Just so I don't slander the OBW guys, the second half of that was my personal analysis. Sorry for not making that clear. But I'm saying, look at the bios of the coaches in this league! It's incestuous, just passing around AE coaches and assistants. Chambers is from Villanova, he's hitting the recruiting trail hard and is clearly ambitious. I want to see more ambitious coaches. Woodward and Brown are not Mark Fews. A healthy league should have upward mobility for coaches.

I would rather have that too. I agree with the part of 18+ wins every year being sustained success.

I also would prefer to be in the "SHOW" but as my post said the goal should be "post season" period. Iona just finished second in the CBI and that has to help them in a lot of ways; exposure (even if small), recruiting, and if nothing else game playing post season experience. I also beleive they had a home game or two in that tourament and even if they did not, many of the games were within travel for fans. It simply could not have been a bad thing to be in that tournament and they "may have" gotten as much from it as one and out in the show.

Archived