UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

UAlbany to build Football Stadium

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It would nice if athletics was a source of pride for the university as it is at most universities. It seems UAlbany always has to down play their success and potential growth. Look at the stadium... at most universities a new stadium would be a source of pride. UAlbany goes out of it's way to hide it and when it's found out they down play it as a one walled "facility". As though it's a source shame.

Unfortunately we are still new to the D-I land scape. The type of pride you talk of requires generations of students and more importantly community involvement. Look at our neighbors (Syracuse, Buffalo, UConn, Army, UMASS, BC) as examples of the time it takes, it will come but at a snails pace.

Unfortunately we are still new to the D-I land scape. The type of pride you talk of requires generations of students and more importantly community involvement. Look at our neighbors (Syracuse, Buffalo, UConn, Army, UMASS, BC) as examples of the time it takes, it will come but at a snails pace.

We've been DI 11 years now.

There has been zero attempt to get anyone involved. These things don't happen by themselves. They happen because there is an effort.

This stadium needs to look like a real DI stadium. It shouldnt look like a great high school facility or look like Rhode Islands, Monmouth's, Cortlands or RPI's. It needs to be enclosed and seat 8000. It needs to scream at a kid who is considering Delaware, New Hampshire, or any other northern FCS team that you should be coming HERE!!!!

Someone from UA (you know who you are)needs to be exploring a new conference and 63 full scholarships.

This stadium needs to look like a real DI stadium. It shouldnt look like a great high school facility or look like Rhode Islands, Monmouth's, Cortlands or RPI's. It needs to be enclosed and seat 8000. It needs to scream at a kid who is considering Delaware, New Hampshire, or any other northern FCS team that you should be coming HERE!!!!

Someone from UA (you know who you are)needs to be exploring a new conference and 63 full scholarships.

Apparently they ARE "exploring"...Vasco daGama they are not I fear.

Well how could we get more involvement? Unfortunately we have been D-I for 11 years and half that time we have seen the worst economic time period since the great depression.

More advertising for the games is one.

Any kind of advertising for the stadium project is another.

It would cost less than $500 to put a huge banner on the back of the RACC similar to what App State did above.

I'm not asking for the world. These things are just the bare minimum, IMO.

Archived