UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

UAlbany to build Football Stadium

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I want two giant fund-raising thermometers: one visable from Western Ave., and one visable from Washington Ave.

Grassroots or campy? Sure, but it beats silence...and it is just at the top of my list.

How long is your list? I know I'd LOVE to hear more...

Let's hear more Hag

I want two giant fund-raising thermometers: one visable from Western Ave., and one visable from Washington Ave.

Grassroots or campy? Sure, but it beats silence...and it is just at the top of my list.

How long is your list? I know I'd LOVE to hear more...

Let's hear more Hag

Let's just leave it at: I've had more than enough time to build a list.

Got reaffirmation against this Friday that yes, ground breaking is still expected this winter...Good to hear that things are still moving forward but they are still awaiting final approval from the Governors office. Currently crossing the t's and dotting the i's on the final design documents and as soon as the Governor signs off they project will be put up for bid.

Let's get this DONE!

I just wrote a long story on how they have no idea wtf they are talking about. The ADEPT is clueless to the process, and I know that our President has been more cautious in his statements because he is a smart man.

W/O re-typing everything...NO WAY THIS IS BREAKING GROUND IN THE NEXT TWO-THREE MONTHS. They are delirious. I would say, ground breaking does not occur until approx 2 months minimum after the governor signs in a best case scenario. More likely...3 months or more dependent on the project scope.

For the record, I do this type of legal work every day...and believe me, the shortest bid/negotiation/notice to proceed process I have seen with any State agency (we work in over 30 states) is a month for a refurbish job. THIS IS MAJOR CONSTRUCTION!

Binging clueless this staff...

If we do not get a shovel in the ground soon (like yesterday), no high schools let alone UA will see it next fall. Wouldn't this be a good time for some announcement and action??? With McGuire's article today, it would be a good time to get some "community good will".

I love it. I just wish it was more pro UAlbany stadium. For example, more space devoted to why we need the UAlbany stadium.

Any news on the governor's approval? This is making me nervous. Cuomo strikes me as a guy who views SUNY in old ways. For example. SUNYs role is to be inexpensive and open to the masses where athletics should be more intermural instead of collegiate... the opposite of a Michigan, UNC, UCLA etc.

Any news on the governor's approval? This is making me nervous. Cuomo strikes me as a guy who views SUNY in old ways. For example. SUNYs role is to be inexpensive and open to the masses where athletics should be more intermural instead of collegiate... the opposite of a Michigan, UNC, UCLA etc.

I'll say it: Regardless of the Governor's approval, they still seem to be behind schedule. I looked the contract up yesterday and it is only 60% expended.

80% expended is achieved when the university accepts the construction documents; this was supposed to happen in October. Looking at the NYS Contract Reporter, there are no solicitations for this project.

So, how is the governor supposed to have something on his desk that doesn't even exist? Maybe it is on the concept of it (public policy people can step up here), but the PROMISED design documents are not yet completed.

Just saying...

Archived