UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Recruiting - 2013

Not to beat a dead horse but would have like a bit more balance with a ship given to a 4 year kid...That's almost all JUCO's.

I wonder what the recruiting strategy is...

EDIT: I believe Haas has three years...so that's good...

Agree click. Would've like to have seen 3 four year kids and 2 jucos.

• Replies 248
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As a soph. Haas essentially takes Paige's place in that class. The next two years we'll have five seniors each year which isn't a bad thing.

I agree, I thought we'd have more four year players and I would have liked more. As a fan it' fun to watch guys over the course of their careers. Our roster is going to be Wichita State-like next year.

As a soph. Haas essentially takes Paige's place in that class. The next two years we'll have five seniors each year which isn't a bad thing.

I agree, I thought we'd have more four year players and I would have liked more. As a fan it' fun to watch guys over the course of their careers. Our roster is going to be Wichita State-like next year.

I'd like that!

So what's with the eligibility. Anyone know why he will be OK to play for us, but NOT in JUCO. Also, if he was declared ineligible for the entire year, doesn't that mean he (if eligible to play for us) should be considered a freshman? The whole thing seems a bit bizarre; I hope we are not looking for trouble here?????

So what's with the eligibility. Anyone know why he will be OK to play for us, but NOT in JUCO. Also, if he was declared ineligible for the entire year, doesn't that mean he (if eligible to play for us) should be considered a freshman? The whole thing seems a bit bizarre; I hope we are not looking for trouble here?????

I've been looking at bit around...not sure how accurate this is but apparently he played with a pro team but didn't get a paycheck, apparently not uncommon with other international kids in D1. Unless you are pulling down pay, you retain your amateur status. JUCO has rules that you can't even play on a team with paid players, D1 has a slightly different rule from what I can tell in that you can't get a payed. In his case he didn't as the article points out the team verified that he was never payed. I believe he's been cleared by the NCAA clearinghouse. Can't imagine they offer a recruit a 'ship and not have him cleared.

Edited by Clickclack

I'd like that!

I was thinking the number of juco players on the roster but I'll take that kind of success also.

One thing I was thinking about reloading with JUCO players over four year guys was the state of the conference. Without BU the conference is going to be weaker lacking one of the top teams. On one hand it means an RPI hit. On the other it's a great opportunity to string together some postseason chances and raise our profile even more (and hopefully recruit an even higher caliber of player.)

Also, I don't think there is anything wrong with JUCO players. I really like the three guys we have now on our roster. I just thought this team had great cohesion last year and I worry about losing that with a bunch of guys who won't play together as long.

Didn't realize we had another scholarship. He red-shirted his freshman year so like Haas will be a three year player.

Agree, had no clue there was another scholarship left. Interesting thread on why he left the Wichita State team. http://mvcfans.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=1552#p24870

And there is video on this page. http://shockerhoops.net/recruiting/ede-egharevba/

Didn't realize we had another scholarship. He red-shirted his freshman year so like Haas will be a three year player.

Agree, had no clue there was another scholarship left. Interesting thread on why he left the Wichita State team. http://mvcfans.com/v...2&t=1552#p24870

And there is video on this page. http://shockerhoops..../ede-egharevba/

Maybe Tanner Gibson's scholarship opened up; I think the school can request a waiver for his scholly...allow Tanner to remain in school on a scholarship...and give the athletic scholly out. This is all of course if Tanner's career is over...I am NOT SURE if it is but I have heard rumblings that his foot was not healing.

If this kid signed...this team is deep and talented...and has a bunch of slashers. Now Will needs to manage expectations!

Edited by Dane96